Grebmango's Blacklist Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grebmango

Jan 23, 2024
Your in-game name:
It's been so long I have honestly forgotten. Something with Greb in it, I presume.

Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:19059428

Your steam community link:

Date of blacklist:

Around January, Febuary or March of 2023 if my memory serves me right. If there is a way to check, please do let me know.

To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?:
I believe I was blacklisted due to trying to avoid a ban that I had received on the SCP-RP server by switching accounts, going on a VPN and connecting to the server.

Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now):
Around the 21st of January, 2024 I tried again to connect to the server with GeForce Now.
At the time of my blacklist in 2023, I used a VPN (not sure what service) to connect to the server.
The above are all the times I can recall where I used methods to change my IP.

Please list any alt accounts:
grebduel2 - STEAM_1:0:640354097
grebduel3 - STEAM_1:0:664746849
grebduel4 - STEAM_1:1:804650339
grebduel5 - STEAM_1:0:804287437
grebduel6 - STEAM_1:1:805125208
(Accounts were originally made with the sole intention of playing different decks on the trading card game Yu-Gi-Oh: Master Duel)

Who blacklisted you? (if known):
I do not know who blacklisted me.

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):
SCP-RP: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted?

I have been banned and warned on various occassions before, yes.

Why should you be unblacklisted:
I would first like to apologise for the inconvenince I have caused by trying to bypass the punishment I had received by connecting with a VPN. I do realise that this is just an excuse and does not absolve me of the responsibility for the repercussions of rules that I broke, the admins that I incovenienced and the people that I ruined the fun of. However, around the time of my ban and blacklist, I was not in the best of mental states. I had issues with the stage that I was at in my life at the time, and that unfortunately had a big effect on how I interacted with your server and community.

In my absence from your SCP server, I came to realise that I really enjoyed certain key aspects of it and began to miss it dearly. Aspects such as the moment to moment interactions between all the players of different roles, be it D-Class with Security and Science or Internal Affairs with Security etc. These dynamic and fun moments are things that I have not been able to find elsewhere and are the focal points of me wanting to return to the server. On top of that, due to the disruptive approach that I took when playing on the SCP server in the past, I have come to realise that I wasn't able to even come close to fully enjoying the aspects of your server that I just mentioned.

This is why I would like to sincerely apologise once again, and ask for a chance at redemption. I recognise, given my past with your server, that it can be a difficult consideration to make. But, I would like to prove to you that I have changed over my year of absence and am able to make a positive, RP-centric contribution to your community moving forward, and this is why I think I should be unblacklisted.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I have identified the moments in which I tend to break rules. That being; moments in which I might feel slighted by another player and how they interact with me. Or in moments where I feel like I have been treated unfairly and in an unjust way. Moving forward, whenever these moments occur, I will try to keep a calm and collected demeanour, and take proactive steps towards controlling myself and not trying to get back at them. Some proactive actions include: contacting the administration team to ask for advice on what to do in certain situations that I may feel slighted in, talking to the player that I have a problem with directly and trying to solve the issue that way, or switching roles entirely so that I am not easily able to interact with said player or problem again.

If I feel like what I'm doing is not working, and that I am feeling the urge to do something that wouldn't be in the best interest of the server, I will disconnect and distance myself from the community until I am sure that I am able to play by the rules upon reconnecting.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I would like to rejoin the SCP-RP server because of the strong moment to moment interactions between players, the dynamic roleplaying scenarios those interactions create that can't be found anywhere else, and because of the belief in myself that I can play by the rules and enjoy the server together with everyone.

Thank you for considering my appeal, and I greatly look forward to seeing the outcome.

Last edited:

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @Grebmango ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a blacklist amnesty.

Your conduct during your evasion was abhorrant and you attempted to cause as much disruption as possible, at this time we cannot justify unblacklisting you for your conduct and have full belief that you would not cause further issues.

Kind Regards
Network Leadership​

Status
Not open for further replies.