Partially Accepted HCZ Primary Elevator Speed

Content that has been partially accepted
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds two things;

1. The Primary Elevator speed will be increased, preferably between 1.5 - 2x faster at the least.
2. The cooldown to press the button is reduced from 8 seconds to 4 seconds.

Alternatively, content can choose to add an alternative method of entry such as a staircase up and down HCZ Primary

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that Ive seen

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Reduced player frustration

+ Easier for all factions to access HCZ, benefitting everybody.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- More opportunity to intentionally shut the elevator on people with the reduced cooldown

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It's pretty simple, accessing HCZ via primary is annoying because the only method of access is an elevator. Not only is this unrealistic, because what building or facility uses exclusively elevators to reach higher security zones (or any zone), but it's also frustrating for every player because they have to wait like 2 minutes to go up and down the elevator with its slow speed combined with its long cooldown. This suggestion provides an easy-to-do solution without needing to change the map physically. I don't think anybody enjoys waiting so long to go down one elevator.

Ember

Jan 27, 2024
USA
+support

As a member of E-11 I hate that elevator's speed, it's a pain in the ass to wait on it for as long as we have to. Please make it faster.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that Ive seen
Reason it was denied was because "The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because the HCZ elevator was changed recently, and the current timer is fine as it is"
+Support
-It is no longer recent and was changed awhile ago, so the community has had a lot of time to hate it
-The timer is not fine as it is, as seen by all the +Supports

JIMMY DaGOAT

Feb 17, 2024
USA
+Major Support
+It's a short mini-game for me to spam "e" on the button before it finally goes
-a quarter of my playtime is pressing the button and waiting for it to be able to go down, at least shorten that cooldown

Auburn

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @FrostByte,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to partially accept your suggestion for the following reasons.

We will not be increasing the speed of the elevator, as it gives players time to organise and prepare their assault or defence. We will contact Fr3ze to reduce the timer on the button so players aren't waiting as long at the top and bottom.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as partially accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.