Highlanders / Brewers Blacklist Amnesty Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant 'Hydra' Ward

Oct 27, 2023
Your in-game name:
Alec "Highlander" Bennett (May have Nu-7 tags in it)

Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:169798088

Your steam community link:

Date of blacklist:
No clue, early on this year.

To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?:
I was originally banned for Toxicity for a 26 week period. This was due to a DM I sent to someone on Discord regarding people who identify as transgender. The intent of this message was meant to be satire, however, the person took it to heart and reported it.

After this of course I was banned for 26 weeks, however, I was only informed of the ban over DMs with non-staff members.

Of course I could of appealed the ban and got this sorted the proper way, unfortunately, due to my being irritated over the matter, I decided just to leave it and move on. I was irritated because I was not consulted in a sit or over messages due to this.

I believe it was a month later when I made a new account, I then used this account to evade my ban and just piss around on the server. From what I remember it was only "low-tier minging", nothing harmful. Nevertheless, I did indeed evade my ban.

Now, S-Admin Yeke was the one who confronted me in a sit. I did not take this sit seriously. Yeke told me that he was actually investigating to why I was banned if my memory serves me right.

I then continued at least 2 more times evading my ban until I was blacklisted by Yeke.

During this period, I also started to minge on the CG website. On the "reply to message" feature I edited what the other person had said into something negative / toxic. At times these edits were extremely offensive.

(I had to create a new account on a different browser in order to appeal the blacklist, I don't know if doing this was wrong but to me I had no other way of appealing.)

Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now):

During my time on SCP-RP, no. Right now though, I occasionally use AVGs VPN service.

Please list any alt accounts:

I do have more alt-accounts. At least 3, I unfortunately cannot access them due to forgetting the account name. If it helps, I can provide you with E-Mails to them if asked. Maybe not all but at least some.

Who blacklisted you? (if known):

S-Admin Yeke

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
I will take into deep consideration that, although what I am saying is intended to be satire, that not everyone sees it that way and does take offense.

I will also refrain from using the edit feature in the "reply to message" function as a way of saying negative, toxic and offensive remarks on the CG website.

I dont exactly know how to explain what I will do to stop evading bans again, as I dont intent of getting banned again if this is appealed.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted?

I have been warned, from what I remember I have received the following:
-RDM
-FearRP
-FailRP
-LTAP

I have of course been banned, here are the following:
-Ban Evasion (Multiple)
- RDM/LTAP

Why should you be unblacklisted:

I am confident that I am ready to enter the SCR-RP server again because I have reflected over my actions and I am full of regret for what I have done / said. I also understand that what I say can have effects on other and do follow up with consequences, even on the internet. Furthermore, I understand and I am deeply apologetic to those effected. As stated previously, I remember S-Admin Yeke stating that he was investigating my 26-Week ban, I did not take him seriously and wasted his time. Even when he had dedicated his time towards me, I took the piss out of him and this server.

Additionally, (although a tad bit sad) I have spent a considerable amount of time on this server, and yes, I do realise that I should of thought about that before evading my bans and minging on the CG website. However, I did indeed spend a lot of time on this server, filling out high ranking positions and making many google / ingame documents. For a long time I did take the SCP RP seriously, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe I made many good mates and I even helped others in need, both in and out of RP (in regards to the server).

I am also confident that I can be allowed to access the CG website on my Highlander account again. I know now that I should think before I type, and my judgement has improved.

Overall, I regret and feel slightly remorseful for what I have done and said. I will take everything seriously from now on (if appealed) and I have learned to value others RP experience and I have learned that what I say can cause great emotional hurt to others.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:

I have read over the MOTD provided, including any new rules that have been introduced while I was off-server. I have learned to take other people RP seriously and other people seriously in general.

Honestly, I wish to enjoy SCP-RP again, and to do so, I know that following the MOTD provided will ensure that.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:

As previously mentioned, I have spent a lot of time on this server. Filling out many different positions within the SCP-RP server. And to be frank, I miss it. I have had a lot of fun and good laughs with the people on this server.

SCP-RP has provided me with a lot of enjoyment when I was on it consistently. (Not to be a suck up) This server is probably one of, if not, the most detailed and well built server on GMOD. It is the only one that I have played with an organised community and UI. Honestly, it sucks to know that I took it for granted and it is the only server that I could have fun playing on.

In conclusion, I wish to be on the server again because of the memories I have made on it, the laughs shared and the server itself.
Thanks to those who have took the time to read this through.

Last edited:

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
DENIED

Hello @Grant 'Hydra' Ward

After reviewing your record within the server and the actions purported by yourself, your recent evasion was in October, which shows you clearly have no remorse for your actions and will continue to evade, furthermore your actions on the server when caught have been to kill staff who confront you for evading.

As a result, you will not be unblacklisted

Kind regards,

Network Leadership

Status
Not open for further replies.