How to really play as a CGITV?

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
First of all please let me explain why I have this question, the article might be a bit long.
Ever since I play on SCP RP USA. I have always played on the foundation personnel because at that time I did not even know about civilian jobs and to be honest foundation Jobs are probably one of the most entertaining things to do in the role play server. Well, weeks ago I did make my first big mistake of killing 8 D Classes (Which is MRDM) not knowing there is actually a strict rule you need to follow.
(Apologies if this does irritate some people, but this is really my first time playing Gmod and I did get punished with a 2 weeks ban to cool off and really read into the Code of Ethics and some basic community rules, I really do appreciate the Admin that wasn't toxic when I violate the rule and did clearly explained to me before authorizing the ban, very polite and very dedicated to his duty. It was also why since then I have nearly always clarified with higher-ups whenever I think that my action might cause me trouble, and that did let me discover rules that I don't usually notice and so on.

Now back to the topic, as I said I basically never played Citizens Type of Job not till recently because I heard that you can make a huge profit out of it. At first, it was boring but then when I unlocked the VIP got to know more about selling guns, taking pictures, and even enjoying the view of the snow, things seems to be fine until the scrolled down the job list to see "CGITV" now as far as my memories take me this job always seems to be like people that like to cause trouble. And most of the time they get instantly terminated whenever they dropped from the bathroom vent. They seemed to be people that are always in a shoot sometimes to the extent of even using the 914 or heavy and energy weapons. To most people that I asked it became "more of an as long as you make it out you do whatever you want" the type" of job. (Because most people think they are to be near impossible to make it out) To an extent even when I ask even if they do get protected under the Code Of Ethics as Civilians sector the replies I got from normal players were mostly "No one even enforces ethics". And when I tried to ask for then what is the usual fate for this job some players replied

"They are the only civil job that can shoot folks when they are in the facility and they are risk takers."
Step 1. Go to the vents and enter the foundation
Step 2. Take pictures of random things.
Step 3. Proceed to get chased by armed personnel.
Step 4.
There is none. You are dead.

Now to this point, some of you might not understand the problem that I am stating but when you think a little bit deeper, what is the best protection for a CGITV? Is it their
FIREARMS? No. It is the LAW (Code Of Ethics) that clearly stated that their life is protected when they are not shown as hostile civilians. (Which stated May be terminated should they present an immediate danger to the life of the foundation personnel.) But what if the LAW does not protect the CGITV anymore or is even ignored by the enforcers? What can then the CGITV use to protect themselves? Against the Uniform boys showing rumors killing us folks in the unknown facility? FIREARMS. (Role Play Mindset)
Now with all that "
Common Mindset", I had to play as a CGITV. I will here explain the incident that I encounter today while playing as a CGITV. Scavenging not knowing there was an outbreak, many weird people with orange shirts ran out, one of them even wearing a MASK that flows liquid out of his face. I was restrained not knowing what happened taken to a place where they called the person that opened a heavy blast door CI. As a reporter, I was fascinated with the heavy artillery they have and also nervous about what was about to happen to me. But then after the conversation between the CI and the MASK the people that followed the MASK and the MASK encouraged us to head into the facility for information that we might need. To an extent, he opened the door and the Armory room in the surface military base and make us pick the weapon that we would like to protect ourselves. I have the experience of "not shoot at the guards in the facility unless they shoot at us first" to get the info I need and get out. I then proceed into the facility through the vent with one of my colleagues that chose a shotgun. We understand the danger that might be ahead of us for the freedom of news we still proceed to move forward. Land on one of the toilets. That we assume is the bathroom area. We then heard multiple gunshots outside the bathroom as multiple guards were shooting at something that is unknown. We tried to run out of the bathroom but then we "got shot first" we then fire back at the guards as they keep swarming back to us outside the so-called research hall. We previously obtain heavy artillery in the armory opened by the MASK so we did hold them off for a bit. Then I and my teammates were spread out to seek ways to obtain information and most of all "make it out you do whatever I can to get the best out of this facility". My adrenaline was boosted and I admit I felt the sweat in my hand as I never had a chance where can make it this far Because most people think we are to be near impossible to make it out.
Yet I made it into a meeting room where there are offices and a few documents lying around the picture below. I admit I was nervous (LOOC) (There were probably only 3-4 MTFs online at the time but a decent amount of genetics and Combat Medics, Agents) seeking my way out of the facility planning where to go while hiding at the corners does give me a severe sweat when planning on what to do next. Suddenly the door next to me opened, as a "
funny looking guy" bhopped with no weapons but a keycard in his hand turned and saw me. I was nervous (LOOC) (That was real I was in fact actually sweating a bit it was kind of a huge surprise to see an A1 Come out near that place Afterall I never fully explore the area even though I am an agent) What's next in my mind was then to immediately terminate him before he does harm to me. (LOOC) (I guess this part is where I did wrong as I think I should in a role-play situation ask him to be my POW but I have prior experience that they just don't follow that type of RP and just shoot you after you let off guard)

Now the story ends here. The result of what happened next was a sit was called by that A1 as it later states that I wasn't allowed to actually carry a heavy weapon?
And claiming my killings are not supposed to do so... claiming that I am making nonsense excuses...
Resulting in a warning of FailRP which I don't really understand the whole RP mindset I had up there why is not ok... but I always respect the AOD's decision so I would make sure I won't make the same mistake again.
(LOOC) (Normal players after showing them this response were "Really??" "bruh playing civilian sucks even more now" "Bro they use SciFi energy weapons too bruv" trust me I didn't make these up they were actual comments from strangers in the community)
Now don't get me wrong, again I here have to say the admin on duty was polite though in my view a bit biased he patiently listen to my claims.
The A1 also was very nice and offers me a sausage.
I then did proceed to check if there is a strict rule regarding how to play CGITV but really is none, mostly based on the common view of players, so that's why I am here to ask if there is a more experienced player who can show me to not only correctly play this ROLE and also have fun with it. So maybe I or other people won't make this mistake and get punished anymore.

Thanks for reading this long post of mine. Wish you all have a great day.

Best Regards Legionnaires6

My in-game name is called Gary "Banker" Stevenson on SCP RP USA do let me know if you wanna have fun together!!

Attachments

• 20220723042459_1.jpg
    20220723042459_1.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 8