Is it actually possible to hack into other player terminals?

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
Yes yes, I know people say I should learn it myself and what-not, but I've hit a point where I don't know what to do know.

I can get access to another player's terminal quite easily, but if I attempt to run any commands I get told it's a local command only. Fair enough, that's understandable, I should probably spoof my address. However, if I spoof my address (doesn't have to be the address I'm connecting to) and connect my computer blows up. Is there truly no way to connect to another player's terminal and execute commands? If so, what was the point of adding router hacking? Wasn't the primary use for that to find IP addresses on a network?

I don't need someone to tell me exactly how to do it, a simple yes or no answer on if it's possible or not (and if I'm overlooking something) is all I want. If anyone knows, please do tell. Thanks guys.

Hydro

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 19, 2020
Christ it's been a while and I can't blame you for not knowing. You can do it to the best of my knowledge. If you want some hints then read the spoiler below.

There's an undocumented command - "nsniff scan". You can use this in combination with a network sniffer to get *something*. I can't remember what off the top of my head because it's been a few months since I've done it. You use this information with something provided by DHCP and you should have everything you need.

From there you can use `wifi connect` to simulate being on their router. You need to disconnect your router prior to running this command if I recall correctly. It's worth noting that if anybody has security software that's half-decent that it'll be able to block your connection attempt though. Hope this helps.

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
You need to be on the same network to run local commands I believe.
Christ it's been a while and I can't blame you for not knowing. You can do it to the best of my knowledge. If you want some hints then read the spoiler below.

There's an undocumented command - "nsniff scan". You can use this in combination with a network sniffer to get *something*. I can't remember what off the top of my head because it's been a few months since I've done it. You use this information with something provided by DHCP and you should have everything you need.

From there you can use `wifi connect` to simulate being on their router. You need to disconnect your router prior to running this command if I recall correctly. It's worth noting that if anybody has security software that's half-decent that it'll be able to block your connection attempt though. Hope this helps.
I'm not sure how I didn't think of this earlier (probably because every time I've seen "Local command" it required spoofing but who knows) but I'll definitely try it while connected to their router. Thanks lads.

Reactions: Hydro

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
It works! Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Me and a friend have been struggling with this for a while now, so I appreciate the help.

Alp

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
I have 100% done this before on the DarkRp server so it has to be possible