It will not allow me to join SCP RP

*Scripted*

Dec 28, 2022
I have so far went a little into the forums I have spent 7 hours messing with the files and maps, downloading, uninstalling, restarting I do not know what to do, it either freezes on the map cite 65 or freezes on Digital 7. This is draining me, does anyone know what to do?

Attachments

• Screenshot (563).png
    Screenshot (563).png
    899.1 KB · Views: 22

*Scripted*

Dec 28, 2022
SCP RP, I have tried adding digital 7 online but it does not work for fonts, it has never before had an issue with all the downloads till now

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Quick google suggests its the text on the textscreens that are used quite a bit ingame. Not much help but its something

For reference for anyone able to help this guy:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
the issue is that you are trying to join the inferior server :sneaky:

have you opened a bug report ticket in discord about this? looks to me like it could be some kind of internal issue with verifying a specific file and something needs to be deleted and redownloaded (whether manually or via reconnect), but i couldn't tell you what

*Scripted*

Dec 28, 2022
Yeah alot of people have just waited it out, saw a forum on monolith RP about the same thing, usually in a week or too but it can also fix on a gmod update, if you tried everything and it works, good, but it should fix eventually.

*Scripted*

Dec 28, 2022
For those who read this in the future, try everything but know that this has worked for me after I had tried all of it

Attachments

• Screenshot (568).png
    Screenshot (568).png
    327.8 KB · Views: 19

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
now that i look, it does hang a bit on digital-7.ttf file for longer than it really should, for me. what exactly is happening behind the scenes here?

Lion

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
GMOD isn't downloading the font still, but it's loading all the clientside lua and other important rendering stuff. I have this issue on a second computer I have, and I think it's because I have about 128mb of VRAM, could you check how much VRAM you have? If it's too low it may not be able to load all the graphics requirements and freeze.

EDIT: Just saw this is resolved, sorry!

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
GMOD isn't downloading the font still, but it's loading all the clientside lua and other important rendering stuff. I have this issue on a second computer I have, and I think it's because I have about 128mb of VRAM, could you check how much VRAM you have? If it's too low it may not be able to load all the graphics requirements and freeze.

EDIT: Just saw this is resolved, sorry!
absolutely, clientside lua startup means every addon is going to be making its initial Material() calls in its autorun/client files, and while vwar textures are fairly compressed, a lot of other addons' textures are not, so the vram requirements can be quite high. but it can also just be general gmod shithousery which is why a clean install, wiping of the cache/download folders and an unsub from all workshop addons (or, connecting over and over until it finally disappears for no apparent reason) can fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion