Dec 24, 2020
Your in-game name: Jamal
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:501758558
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ouzbekistan/
Date of ban: 12/07/2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Racism
Who banned you: Icarus/Doofy
Ban length?: 2 weeks
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I did not know of the slur and I thought it was just a similar sounding word that I could put in my name, the second that I was told it was a slur I changed my name immediately.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes
Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I did not realise it was a slur and a few people that I have spoken to such as Sahns and Dan also did not realise that it was a slur, as soon as I was told that it was a slur I changed my name immediately as I do not want to get in trouble and I did not know it was offensive. Once I found out that someone made a staff ticket in game against me for Racism, I poked the staff member handling the situation to apologise and to say that I didn't know it was a slur and that it would never happen again. Shortly after I said this Malice who was sorting out the situation said that he did not think he could handle the situation and requested a member of server leadership to come and sort it out. Chad Power who is a very experienced Senior Admin then came and dealt with the situation, I told him everything that I told Malice and he understood where I was coming from and told me that I would be verbally warned and if it happened again I would be banned. I assured him that the situation would never be repeated and then I was returned. I have never had any punishment for racism before on the server and this was unintentional and I do apologise, I did not know that it had a meaning outside of it just being my name.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will make sure not to change my name to something outside of my known vocabulary.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I want to remain an active member of the server, I enjoy playing on the server and I enjoy hanging out with the people in my regiments they are fun to chill with and make the server more enjoyable for me.

Last edited:

Chad Power

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 8, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Jamal , Your appeal has been accepted.

After talking to senior leadership, we have come to the conclusion to remove the ban and
a warn will be issued instead.​

Status
Not open for further replies.