Keagan Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:80601481
Discord name: Keagan
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 1 week 24 days (I was inactive for a week due to family stuff so it went down due to server things)
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time
Character name(s): Corgeon Keagan Cornwall
Civilian name: Christian Short
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- N/A
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
- Nope
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
- I feel as if the documents I have made smooth testing, and I shoot for complete uniqueness in the test I do. Even for SCPs that have been done a lot before. Research is my favorite role on the server, I love the writing of SCP and its clinical tone. I wanna excel in my experience forward with my character as a natural progression as well. I love guiding new JR's when they ask me for directions or what to do for a document. I love telling them what could be a fresh idea and taking already-done ideas a step further. I love inspiring people, I want to build other researchers up not as an example but as someone to follow. I just love the exploration of SCP and its bleak but interesting world. I get demotivated a lot but looking at my peers and their amazing tests sends me forwards.
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
- Experience, I have lots of experience in this server with tests and documents. I would love to improve Research with the ideas I have. I believe my tests have been very exemplary and creative and I feel I could add more to the table when it comes to the future of Research. Although I do not have the experience of being a CL4, I feel I could build that experience through Executive, and help teach new researchers.
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
- I don't know the number, but I believe it's somewhere in the 10's. What makes an excellent document? 3 Things, Formatting, Tone, and the Idea! 1st, let's talk about Formatting. Formatting is important because it lets us know what we are to expect on the page, first, we get the index, then we get the SCP information, then we get the aim of the study and the method of procedure, etc. It lets the reader of the document (I.A UR BOSS) what's going to be in the document before they even begin to read it. Tone, establishing the tone of your document is extremely important. Your character is a researcher for an extremely secretive organization, you should have a clinical tone in your document. Clinical tone is basically how professional you sound, or better example you treat the SCP like it's nothing to you. It's weird to explain but that's at least how I write my documents and what I consider going into it. Finally, Idea! An idea can decide your document's fate in a way. Like say throwing D-Class into 173, what does that achieve? Instead, I'd say look to see if SCP-173 has any sort of cognitive function in the slightest. Like but a ball in its containment to see if it will mess with the ball or do nothing with the ball. Will it destroy the ball? Not the best test but it has a decent idea to back it up.
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- Teaching new researchers and behavior, Executives represent research and must be professional they have to represent the maturity of the department. Ensuring that researchers don't cause issues, and teach other researchers what not to do. Executive researchers should also lead other Researchers when it comes to higher than their clearance anomalies/unknown event anomalies. Working with other departments is something they must also do, whether with RP and or punishing researchers for causing issues.
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
"Researcher File:
First Name: Corgeon
Middle Name: Keagan
Last Name: Cornwall
Foundation Status: Senior Researcher.

Background
Corgeon Keagan Cornwall was born in 1988 in Texas. He started working for the SCP Foundation in late 2009, where he studied his first set of SCPs. The next 14 years would prove to be one hell of a life for Keagan, he started to become an inventor. He helped invent brains for Research R-31 Bots, they stopped being used after they revolted and nearly killed all of MTF. He did an interview with SCP-049, and after the interview was conducted a 049-2 nearly killed him. Keagan had multiple encounters with different Keter SCPs, miraculously surviving to tell the tales. During a test with 682, an MTF accidentally opened the door. Killing the other researchers as Keagan ran. After conducting an SCP-035 interview, it proceeded to breach and attempt to murder him. In short, Keagan has been through a lot of trauma and near-death experiences."
I could literally go on, not a damn joke. I could make Keagan grow with the experiences and trauma and launch him forward as a character. Currently, he's more of a goofball trying to keep it together through the awfulness that is the SCP universe. But I wanna excel him to be a traumatized but battle-hardened individual, struggling with his past and trying to make a better future for himself and everyone around him. He's just tired of seeing people die around him

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
To: ccornwall@scpf.int
Subject: Application Status

tJSLfXQ.png

| Application Denied |

Greetings Corgeon,

This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has not been chosen to continue at this time. We thank you for taking the time to apply for this position and encourage you to re-apply following a two-week span.

You may contact either myself (thegypysbard) or Dpt. Director Kylie Ringer (dontforgethawaii) if you have further questions.​

Status
Not open for further replies.