Accepted Killhouse times being recorded in-game

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

-This suggestion will add the ability for the killhouse to automatically time the people using it instead of someone using their phones in real life to time someone’s killhouse run. Secondly, the killhouse time will be displayed to everyone within a close proximity so that if there were a tryout going on, the attendee along with the trainer would be able to see the killhouse time. Another detail would be the time for the killhouse automatically beginning when the first target is shot and would automatically end when attendees cross the threshold into the dark room. Lastly, if a wrong target is shot or a correct target isn’t shot, 1 second will be added on to your final time. I understand if this may be too challenging for developers but it’s worth a try.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

-Unbiased killhouse times

-Will make tryouts go faster and the time will be displayed to everyone for convenience

-Results will be the same every time

-Allows people to time themselves in the killhouse alone and would eliminate the use of a second person keeping track of time

-People’s skills will improve faster due to them being able to quickly do the killhouse and receive a time as soon as they are finished

-Trainers may now have the ability to see someone’s final score with infractions (missed targets/wrong targets shot) automatically logged

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

-Killhouse glitches

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

This suggestion should be accepted because it will make MTF Commanders hosting tryouts, Security Captains hosting tryouts and people practicing the killhouse lives easier. The positives far outweigh the negatives in this case and will only do good for the server. This suggestion doesn’t affect RP or server rules at all and is only meant to help people using the killhouse.

Reactions: DaveDogs

Warcrime Warrior

Mar 27, 2023
+Support
  • Self-timing killhouse runs will be a huge boon to anyone that uses it.
  • As an instructor, this would make tryouts run a lot smoother.
  • A leaderboard is an interesting idea to promote a competitive nature, though I feel externals could support it without needing in-game implementation.

Reactions: "Peasant"
+/-Neutral
—I could see this being quite hard to implement, especially if let's say you miss a target it adds 1 second on or if you shoot a friendly it adds a second on.
-I just don't really see the need for this suggestion, just use a timer.
I literally explained the uses. How are you supposed to time yourself??? You wouldn’t get an accurate time because it’s literally impossible to press the start button on a timer and receive and accurate killhouse time because you’ll lose time by doing that. And when you said “you miss a target it adds 1 second on or if you shoot a friendly it adds a second on” yes, just be good at the killhouse and that won’t even effect you.

Reactions: Lafleur
Status
Not open for further replies.