Not open for further replies.

emilsnat

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Feb 9, 2023
In-game name: October Black
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:119161861
For how long have you played on our servers?: 2-3 months.
What country are you from?: Armenian, living in the USA.
Time Zone: PST
Do you have a mic?: Yes

Is this your first application for Developer? If not, link previous ones: Yes.

Have you received any bans?: Yes, one for FailRP on SCPRP, a while ago.

How confident are you with GLua? (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide): About a 6

Do you have any experience with Git?: Yes.

Do you have previous experience as a Developer for GMod?: Yes, I developed an SCP-RP server before, and a short server of my own.
Here are some of my projects:
Full quiz system with customizable settings, func. with blogs, randomization, and functions.
Radio system for multiple jobs, and frequencies.
Roll system for multiple jobs and types of rolls.
Modification of night-vision system to work as SCRAMBLE goggles for 096.
I will be happy to send pictures of these and their code, in DMs, as I don't seem to have enough space here nor do I want to post the source codes publicly, however, I will send pictures here covering the ones I can.
Discord: lime#0402

How many hours can you commit to developing per week?: 15-25

Why do you want to be a Developer? What can you help us with?:
As an avid GMod player, I've always been fascinated by the creativity and ingenuity that goes into the game's development. I want to be a Developer because I want to contribute to the community by creating new and exciting content for players to enjoy.

I believe my skills in GLua and experience in GMod development make me a valuable asset to the team. I can help with developing new game modes, fixing bugs, and improving the overall player experience on the server. Additionally, I'm a quick learner and a team player, which I believe are essential qualities for any developer.

Overall, I'm excited about the opportunity to be a Developer for your server, and I'm confident that I can help make the server even better than it already is.

I am also able to complete ID and address verification without issues, and I have a work permit.

Last edited:

Oliver Dalgetty

Jan 22, 2023
Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Support
- Lack of detail
- No Evidence supporting claims.

Very simple projects that they have "worked" on, considering there own rating of their GLUA experience a 7 there projects should be more complicated then the ones stated.​

Deleted member 4984

- Support
- Lack of detail

Very simple projects that they have "worked" on, considering there own rating of their GLUA experience a 7 there projects should be more complicated then the ones stated.​
oh fuck off, even simple projects can turn complex when you have to work with optimization, databases, config files and so on. Plus stuff like radios with multiple frequencies need to be heavily optimized in order to not brick the server, while I'm no expert programmer I can see how he could have a 7 with those projects he posted. It's sad to see when someone volunteers for what is basiclly an unpaid part time job and peaple still treat them like they are entitled to even apply for it. Plus there is no need for evidence in public, some people don't want their work stolen

LegoManOnHash

Aug 31, 2022
Hello lakot, I would recommend showing videos or screenshots of what you have made to support your claims above. You might also be asked to provide proof of your code in which Cloak will leave a message in here asking you to dm him, so just be prepared for that too.

What I mentioned above might simply improve your chances of being accepted, so I'd recommend doing/taking that advice. Bare in mind I am a mapper so I am solely speaking off of others I know that have applied and others that you can see in the dev forum applications.

Nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck!

- LegoManOnHash

emilsnat

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Feb 9, 2023
- Support
- Lack of detail

I wrote 6-7 since I have no idea of what maxnet is and won't compare myself to something i don't know about.
Also no, I'm not sending my projects publically but I will send some pictures of them and happily send the source to anybody who needs it like Cloak.

nathancheetah

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 12, 2021
+/- Neutral
Lack of detail in the application and not loads of past experience shown
But if all is true could be useful

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Gave some advice in Discord DM. Your projects are a nice start but still relatively basic, based on the projects you've provided I'd place your lua experience at around a 4 or 5 on our rating guide. What I think you should do is try to make a more complicated project such as an inanimate SCP - that's how others have gotten into doing dev work for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.