Denied LCZ CP

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerJ

Mar 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change:
In order to enhance the immersive experience, I would recommend implementing keycard access instead of a simple button push for opening the Light Containment Checkpoint doors. This change will add an extra layer of realism and security to the containment zone for SCPs. By requiring a clearance level 1 keycard to open the doors, you'll create a more authentic atmosphere, mirroring the protocols and measures employed in secure facilities. This adjustment will contribute to the overall immersion and make the gameplay more engaging for the players.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. Immersion: By incorporating keycard access, players will feel more immersed in the SCP containment experience. They can roleplay as personnel with specific access levels, which adds depth to the gameplay and enhances the overall immersion.
  2. Security and Control: Keycard access provides a sense of security and control within the containment zone. Players will have to actively locate, obtain, and maintain appropriate keycards to access different areas. This adds an element of strategy and planning, encouraging collaboration and teamwork among players.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

None that I can think of

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

1. Realism and Immersion: The inclusion of keycard access adds a layer of realism and immersion to the SCP containment experience, enhancing the overall atmosphere and engagement for players. It aligns with the protocols used in secure facilities and allows for more authentic roleplaying.
  2. Security and Control: Requiring keycards adds a sense of security and control within the containment zone. It reflects the need for proper authorization and contributes to a more dynamic and realistic simulation of SCP containment procedures.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Massive -

This fucks over more then just d class. It fucks CI over when DC since they like to go in with nothing and come out with

And it screws with parawatch and any other GOI. + SCPs that dont have a keycard

TylerJ

Mar 13, 2023
So you want it to be easy for raids and d-class escape, the foundation isn't meant to be easy to escape. All you bring up is PVP related this is to include RP. and most likely if CI raids and kill people a card will drop and with D-Class they normally escape with a card anyway

if we wanted the foundation to be so realistic scp breaches should never happen, and if you commited an ethics violation you'd be sentenced to YEARS in the IA cells, you cant be using this as a point

there's also no point generalising everybody's points into "you want it to be easy for raids and d class escapes" as if it's already easy for escapes or successful raids? this would just make it much harder for no reason
So you want it to be easy for raids and d-class escape, the foundation isn't meant to be easy to escape. All you bring up is PVP related this is to include RP. and most likely if CI raids and kill people a card will drop and with D-Class they normally escape with a card anyway

TylerJ

Mar 13, 2023
if we wanted the foundation to be so realistic scp breaches should never happen, and if you commited an ethics violation you'd be sentenced to YEARS in the IA cells, you cant be using this as a point

there's also no point generalising everybody's points into "you want it to be easy for raids and d class escapes" as if it's already easy for escapes or successful raids? this would just make it much harder for no reason
You say opening a door makes it herder? CI will 100% get keycard drops for the amount of keys they do and D-Class can buy keycards or kill people to get one. I dont see the issue

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
You say opening a door makes it herder? CI will 100% get keycard drops for the amount of keys they do and D-Class can buy keycards or kill people to get one. I dont see the issue
What about parawatch SCPs or GOIs

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
What about parawatch SCPs or GOIs
SCPS do not need keycards to open doors no scp other than 049 cant break a door nor can use a keycard and in that case he can just get a zombie to break the door

Parawatch if raiding should have a valid reason and should have prepared in advance by finding a CL3 as parawatch ive gained CL4 info on the surface just by being there and watching scps such as i gained scp 9000 info IC as parawatrch i didnt even need to enter the foundation

if you are entering the base as parawtch does it hurt to prepare and get cards DEA always leave base and die to CI/GOCC therefore keycards are in good supply

GOIs such as GOC/CI should if raiding have a keycard or simple kill someone and get a keycardd for MC&D same as parawatch

relying on "trust me bro they'll get keycard drops" doesn't justify your suggesiton, i have a feeling you haven't played much CI or D-class- it's annoying af to grind out scrap, and ten seconds lost in a CI raid scrambling to hack a door open is more than enough time to ruin a raid

give one good reason for the suggestion to be accepted that isn't "it makes me feel more immersed that I need to open one door with a keycard now", or that you haven't already mentioned

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied
Hi @6thMayKing,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because, although we understand that it would be more reallistic, this would disrupt the D-Class loop and would create unbalances.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.