Legacy in an Epilogue - The Departure of the Beacon

Theme
Foundation

@Man Manson you will be missed on site. O5-1, The Beacon was a legend and an inspiration for me and so - despite the foolish death we all agreed on - I wanted to give him a fitting goodbye in my own lore as I become O5-1. Please enjoy this and thank you for being one of the kindest and most professional people I ever had the pleasure of playing SCP-RP with. The original word doc can be viewed here: Click here for "Legacy in an Epilogue"

Chapter 1:

He’s Gone Now

Featured In-Game Characters:
  • O5-4 “The Tempest”

Record Entry 00050001-0001

For the record, I am privately O5-4 or publically Site Inspector Monsoon. In order to fulfill the articles under Amendment 10.13.22, the record will show I am alone on Site-███ and am under no impairing or outside anomalous effects at this time. My judgment and mind remain clear to tell his epilogue.

From what I’ve gathered in the last few months, it’s evident that I never learned enough about the former O5-1. Although he was like a mentor to me, I never took the initiative to speak with him about his past out of respect for his position. At the time, that felt appropriate. Now…

<Note: The subject pauses and exhales into the microphone.>

Now it’s another regret in the long list of my own story, but that’s not what we’re here for. This isn’t my story yet. We still have to finish his.

When I joined the Council, O5-1 welcomed me with a smile and a heavy pat on the back. His infectious chuckle made everyone in the room grin from ear to ear and made working with him a true pleasure. One embodied the very nature of professionalism while also maintaining his own personal touch of kindness on everything he touched or handled.

In his time as Chief, some people of course mistook that kindness and just nature for weakness. I remember once having a drink in his office at the end of a day and letting him lament for a while. To be a bridge to connect the Foundation and prevent escalation of a civil war… I couldn’t imagine the pressure that put on his shoulders. The man complained sure, because at the end of the day he was just that, a man. No simple man though, could’ve told me all that with a whiskey in his hand and a chuckle that made you think it would all be okay as long as he was at the helm.

O5-1 was my friend, my teacher, and a pinnacle of strength and justice for the Foundation.

<Note: The subject’s voice grows raspier and he coughs away from the microphone.>

For all the work he did for us, he never let us down. Living by his example is the least I can do to thank him. With that in mind, I wish to have report 05-01-042622, titled “Death Report - ███,██████” modified officially. His life was for the Foundation and I believe the real nature of his death must be officially stricken and replaced. No great man should’ve experienced a death as degrading as that. His story must end with a fate befitting of the man who guided us through such turbulent affairs. I move to have the official cause of death changed from “Death by oil immolation and torture” to “Death by heroic anomalous sacrifice.” It’s the least we could do to repay his service.

<Note: A whirring sound and several loud beeps can be heard. The subject releases a sigh, likely of relief.>

With his final chapter amended, now I speak of his epilogue. O5-1 made significant strides in effective policy, maintaining peace, and allowing his subordinates to grow and learn under his wing.

<Note: Another light cough from the subject is directed away from the microphone.>

But he’s gone now.

<Note: Moments pass in silence before the subject attempts to speak again.>

My friend leaves behind a legacy of pages and pages of his great efforts that sing songs of his successes. I have been tasked with fulfilling and continuing that legacy and of course, I plan to.

I accept the position of Chief Overseer, O5-1. I swear to uphold his legacy no matter the cost. On my life, I promise to guide the Foundation and serve its principles: To secure the anomalous, to contain that which threatens humanity, and to protect both the naive and the knowledgeable alike.

He taught me to be more than just a soldier - he taught me to live for others again. His epilogue begins here as I strive to reach that beacon of strength on that distant summit.

That Beacon will always guide us.

<Note: A deafening silence fills the chamber with the subject. After a few moments pass, a chair scraping the floor can be heard. Seconds later, a door can be heard opening and being pulled shut.>

END OF RECORD

• Sad
Reactions: Scopes