[Level - 2 USA] A-1 "Watcher" Removal Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
Name:
MTF A-1 Corporal "Watcher" (AKA Liam "Apathy" Wilkosh, OA)
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:156598349
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA:
SCPRP-USA
Level of appeal (2 or 3):
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details:
Yes. A-1 Major 'Keeper' DMed at 2 in the morning saying I was being removed. I asked for more details, and tried to explain my case about why the punishment doesn't really fit the "crime" here, but he refused and ended up not responding further. I then went to confront Harlequin, and he did not want to speak to me further. Full screenshots of all conversations will be posted in this appeal to be reviewed by an unbiased third party.
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where:
A-1 Major Keeper & A-1 LTCOM Harlequin, in Discord DMs
Rank demoted from:
Corporal

Who demoted you?:
A-1 CO Team vote
Date of demotion?:
5/18/2023
What is the case against you?:
The A-1 CO Team believes I was "repeatedly unprofessional" in public as A-1, ruining A-1s 'public image'. This was their reason stated to me for my removal.

Is this true?:
Not in the way that they try to make it out to be. Some parts may be true though. More, along with evidence, will be explained in the last question with my side of the story.
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?:
No

Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals:
N/A
What is your side of the story?:
I'll give a timeline leading up to the demotion, and try to provide a completely unbiased explanation of everything that happened.

5/14/2023:
This is what led to me having my first strike in Alpha-1. What happened was that me, an A-1 Lieutenant (Torment), and a couple E-11 were hanging out at checkpoint while disguised to make sure E-11 is okay. Birdie approached the checkpoint and kept begging to be brought to the acid pit. Prior to this, she kept asking people for signatures to allow her into HCZs acid pit. Because of this, I felt bad, and nothing was going on. So, I decided to ask the A-1 Lieutenant for express permission to let birdie into the HCZ Acid Pit, with his supervision. The A-1 Lieutenant, after I asked "Hey can I let birdie inside HCZ so she can go in the acid pit?", he said "Yea sure go for it". So, I cuffed Birdie and E-11 had no objections with me letting her in HCZ, they seemed to have felt just as bed (E-11 Captain Spaghetti was there aswell). I showed my Site ID, and went into HCZ. The A-1 Lieutenant supervised me, and made no attempt to stop me or try to communicate that he changed his mind. He was directly supervising me as I did all of this.

However, an IA Ambassador followed me and got angry (This IA Ambassador was harassing and targetting A-1 all day at the time, because he had a problem with them. I was just one of his targets by pure chance), demanding I don't let Birdie into HCZ. I don't listen to the Ambassador, since my A-1 Lieutenant was still there and supervising me with no objections. My approval that I got prior still stood, and any reasonable person in my situation would believe the same. From there, Birdie jumped herself into the acid pit of her own will. The I.A Ambassador then huffed and puffed and stomped away, threatening to report me. This is where my involvement in that situation ends. Overall though, the situation does end up escalating because the CO who supervised me decided to order A-1 to kidnap and amnesticize the Ambassador because he "saw too much". I had 0 input in what happened in that decision or beyond that point.

This is what got me striked. I explained I had CO permission and supervision, and the CO admitted this aswell. However, I got strike regardless, along with the CO, so A-1 could save their own public image after the incident escalated.

5/16/2023:
An announcement was made about professionalism in A-1. This is a small event, but somewhat relevant.

5/18/2023:
I got DMed at 2 in the morning by Major Keeper, saying I was being removed for repeated unprofessionalism. Screenshots of the entire conversation will be attached to this post. To summarize; Keeper, and the CO team, voted to have me removed (essentially). They claim the reason for this was because I was cuffing random people while disguised as a Chef, as claimed by an IA Ambassador. This claim was entirely false and just a straight up lie. When I asked for evidence, Keeper admits he doesn't have any.

The other example described for my removal was how I cuffed Keeper infront of A-1, leading to me being shot down. At this moment, I was disguised as a Tech Expert. Everyone was bored, and nothing was happening. We were all just sitting in one spot waiting for something to happen. So, I decided to have some harmless fun while disguised. This did not ruin the public image of A-1, this did not break any server rules, and this did not affect anything that A-1 was doing. People in comms laughed and smiled, which was my ultimate goal since people were bored. However, in the COs teams eyes, this is supposedly enough for complete removal. I continued to question Keeper as to why they issued such an explosive punishment compared to other alternatives, such as demotion or even speaking to me. The punishment did not fit the crime here. Eventually, Keeper refused to respond further.

I then went to confront Harlequin around 8 hours later, pointing out the hypocrisy of statements he's made before (Attached to post) and how the situation was unjust. For context, I previously asked Harlequin several weeks ago why obviously toxic members of A-1 (people who constantly said the R-Word, N-Word, etc infront of others and the CO team, along with tantrums of powertrips and rude remarks toward other players) were never removed or punished. Harlequin stated he didn't want to remove toxic people, and would only give PT/DT at best. He claims he didn't want to remove people "just for that". So of course, I found it hypocritical and confronted him. Essentially, Harlequin did not wish to speak to me or explain the situation further. He said he never had to deal with complaining before, and said he didn't want to talk. Screenshots of this conversation are attached to this post.
1684435178278.png1684435188184.png1684435205269.png
1684435129738.png1684435133994.png

Overall, I believe the decision to remove me was biased. I was striked for something I did which I got approval and supervised for, then removed for something that never harmed Alpha-1. I was never spoken to regarding my "unprofessionalism", I was never confronted, I was never demoted or punished before this. I was never even spoken to regarding my removal. The CO team couldn't even manage to bring me into a teamspeak call to discuss my removal and talk to me face-to-face (or as close as you can get to it online). I believe my strike and removal is the effect of bias against me. I am not friends with anybody in the CO team, and I typically refuse to partake in toxic conversations with them that they have in private. I'm also a very loud and opinionated person, so I often go to people and discuss opinions I have. I believe this contributed to the CO team simply not liking me and how I wanted to change things in A-1, so they used the smallest infractions they could to deploy the most harsh possible punishments you could receive.

Note: I did many things for A-1, and I'm not just a random SPC or something. I made all of A-1s Documents including their SOPs and codewords, I nearly helped pay for brand new models for them, I constantly roleplayed with others and expressed myself positively infront of other people and did my job effectively to improve A-1s Image, and I've gotten virtually no complaints about me outside of the A-1 COs and the Birdie incident with the Ambassador. I always maintained good relations with all other players and regiments, and nobody else ever complained about me or anything I've done. I've led and initiated roleplay situations (for example, a cross-operation with DEA, Nu7, and A-1 to collect 323), and remained generally respectful toward everybody. I worked hard for nearly 2 months to get to where I am and prove myself and change things for the better, but I was removed in an instant via text at 2 AM for things that never hurt A-1s reputation or operations. All of my work that I have done was completely destroyed in a moment by the CO team, even when it was obvious I had 0 ill intention for A-1 and was not going to hurt the regiment in any way, not even its public image.

Attachments

• 1684435082900.png
    1684435082900.png
    946.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 1684435099717.png
    1684435099717.png
    920.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1684435104096.png
    1684435104096.png
    942.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1684435107319.png
    1684435107319.png
    993.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 1684435122026.png
    1684435122026.png
    886.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
-support it ain't that deep u got caught simping.

Last edited:

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
A message from the CO team,
"Harlequin"
-When I gave you PT for not following our D-block policies and dying in D-block, which gave a D-class an ARX and told you to get to server room for PT, I had to look for you because you thought hit'd be cute to sit in a corner and hide. This is objectively unprofessional.
- Instead of following the proper route we told you to appeal the demotion, which is using the form, you decided to go to an SSL member which caused alot of drama. Ignoring the standard processes and for some reason instantly bringing it to SSL shows unprofessionalism, and I hope O5 will take this unprofessional behavior in consideration.
-You keep saying you had no warning. You have a strike. A strike is a warning. Doing something stupid while strike gets you removed. If you can not behave for 2 weeks then you have no place in A-1.
-As for my last two DM screenshots, they are intended to be jokes, as I didn't intend to go over our processes when dealing with toxicity to a LCPL who hasn't been in the regiment for longer then a month. If O5 want to talk about our policies they are free to do so, but they will not be posted on a public forum.

"Keeper"
-You constantly would cuff me, or bait it off floor 3, which is annoying but not worthy of removal. Now when you disguise as a tech expert, handcuff a major, and got killed by A-1, while on a strike (which was your warning) and after an announcement made by torment, you can not expect any other outcome beside being removed.
-The clip that we have seen, and that you showed, goes against your claim of Torment actively supervising it. He walked in at the end and would have no idea of exactly what's going on (like the IA ambassador telling you not to.) He may have been under the assumption that this was private, and you hadn't disclosed this to him, putting fault on you.
-You keep bringing up public image but how you behave around other A-1, especially off floor 3 is still important. We have rules for this behavior and you didn't follow them. I will not disclose our rules on a public forum but if O5 want to talk to the CO team we can.

"Strange"
-You were never asked for the work done with models, it was of your own volition and while appreciated, it is not going to exempt you from punishments decided by our CO team. This kind of guilt tripping is unprofessional and unbecoming of an A-1

"Gougar"
-If there was an issue with toxicity, you should have came to us with proof or evidence of people being toxic. We so far haven't received any, and Harlequin asked Jules for any evidence in chat that they could look back and get for us, and are yet to get a response. I can not act on claims without any proof, and if its so rampant you should have been able to easily showed it.

Resolve and Torment weren't able to attend this meeting, and are free to give their thoughts in the thread if they feel it necessary.

In closing,
You demonstrated unprofessional behavior to every member of the CO team, and continued even after being striked. The decision of our CO team is just.

Clips provided by "Tempest"
-https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/19oTS6p6fpsLHC/Ud9nulL950my?invite=cr-MSxuSWYsMTg0NzAwODg5LA
-https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/19oUafGPxCQO9L/2RYYkednKrCl?invite=cr-MSxFQW8sMTg0NzAwODg5LA

Last edited:

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
In accordance with the level 2 procedures, the appeal has been forwarded to the O5 council for review. Please wait patiently whilst they post a response.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
A message from the CO team,
"Harlequin"
-When I gave you PT for not following our D-block policies and dying in D-block, which gave a D-class an ARX and told you to get to server room for PT, I had to look for you because you thought hit'd be cute to sit in a corner and hide. This is objectively unprofessional.
- Instead of following the proper route we told you to appeal the demotion, which is using the form, you decided to go to an SSL member which caused alot of drama. Ignoring the standard processes and for some reason instantly bringing it to SSL shows unprofessionalism, and I hope O5 will take this unprofessional behavior in consideration.
-You keep saying you had no warning. You have a strike. A strike is a warning. Doing something stupid while strike gets you removed. If you can not behave for 2 weeks then you have no place in A-1.
-As for my last two DM screenshots, they are intended to be jokes, as I didn't intend to go over our processes when dealing with toxicity to a LCPL who hasn't been in the regiment for longer then a month. If O5 want to talk about our policies they are free to do so, but they will not be posted on a public forum.

"Keeper"
-You constantly would cuff me, or bait it off floor 3, which is annoying but not worthy of removal. Now when you disguise as a tech expert, handcuff a major, and got killed by A-1, while on a strike (which was your warning) and after an announcement made by torment, you can not expect any other outcome beside being removed.
-The clip that we have seen, and that you showed, goes against your claim of Torment actively supervising it. He walked in at the end and would have no idea of exactly what's going on (like the IA ambassador telling you not to.) He may have been under the assumption that this was private, and you hadn't disclosed this to him, putting fault on you.
-You keep bringing up public image but how you behave around other A-1, especially off floor 3 is still important. We have rules for this behavior and you didn't follow them. I will not disclose our rules on a public forum but if O5 want to talk to the CO team we can.

"Strange"
-You were never asked for the work done with models, it was of your own volition and while appreciated, it is not going to exempt you from punishments decided by our CO team. This kind of guilt tripping is unprofessional and unbecoming of an A-1

"Gougar"
-If there was an issue with toxicity, you should have came to us with proof or evidence of people being toxic. We so far haven't received any, and Harlequin asked Jules for any evidence in chat that they could look back and get for us, and are yet to get a response. I can not act on claims without any proof, and if its so rampant you should have been able to easily showed it.

Resolve and Torment weren't able to attend this meeting, and are free to give their thoughts in the thread if they feel it necessary.

In closing,
You demonstrated unprofessional behavior to every member of the CO team, and continued even after being striked. The decision of our CO team is just.

Clips provided by "Tempest"
-https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/19oTS6p6fpsLHC/Ud9nulL950my?invite=cr-MSxuSWYsMTg0NzAwODg5LA
-https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/19oUafGPxCQO9L/2RYYkednKrCl?invite=cr-MSxFQW8sMTg0NzAwODg5LA
Harlequin
1. For the D Block thing, that's strange because I told you I was on the way to floor 3. When I got there, I crouch around before entering as a joke. Again, nobody was hurt from this. It was on floor 3 and only between you and I. You never brought it up as a concern until just now which, again, proves my point that you guys have not even tried to talk to me about this.

2. I talked to my friend. There's nothing unprofessional about talking to a friend regardless of a position. You're really reaching in this point.

3. I talked all about the strike in the report. I had full permission from the CO and he was at checkpoint. He obviously knew what was going on because he told me in TeamSpeak that an ambassador was coming. He had full knowledge of the entire situation. Trying to claim othereise feels like an attempt just to save face. But, if you want clarification, you didn't give me any warning about any of these behaviors you mentioned in this meeting of yours. None of you ever complained about these things specifically to me, infact some of you even laughed about it with me which was the goal. For people to laugh. To now turn around and use these excuses as a way to try to justify the teams harsh actions is pretty unprofessional itself, by your standards.

4. That isn't my fault, and these certaintly don't look like jokes. I was having a serious conversation with you about toxic members of the regiment, and you told me that you would never remove them, and at the very most give PT. There's no joke here except maybe the O1 comms thing. And you have obviously proven this to be true, as people can see in A1, as multiple toxic and unprofessional members remain in the regiment.

Keeper

1. I always tried to maintain a positive public image for Alpha 1 off of floor 3. Your claims of otherwise make it seem like I constantly minged, which I did not. The strike itself that supposedly contributed to my removal was explained in this report and all relevant things about it. And if we're holding things to such high standards on floor 3 suddenly, then wouldn't it be justified to call for your removal after the dozens of times you've killed other A1 on floor 3, or the times you looked the other way when A1 who you were closer with did something similar? It seems these standards are enforced only on me and in the most extreme way.

2. I had full permission from the CO and he was at checkpoint the entire time, and saw me cuff birdie. He obviously knew what was going on because he told me in TeamSpeak that an ambassador was coming. You guys even admitted this yourselves in the private conversation me, gougar, torment, and harlequin had about it. He had full knowledge of the entire situation. Trying to claim othereise feels like an attempt just to save face.

3. I always tried my best to follow these rules. I roleplayed with people, led people, helped people, and was approachable by the general community. The only time I ever messed around was (usually) privately with other A1 who seemed bored or down, because I wanted to improve the mood. Any times that I didn't do it privately, I either had CO permission/supervision, or was disguised with your knowledge in order to maintain A1s "image". And once again I must reiterate, no one ever seemed to have a problem with how I behaved. You went straight for the jugular with no warning. This is what makes me think ulterior motives were at play, such as simply removing me because you found me annoying as a person and not because I was a terrible A1 who threatened the regiment as you seem to want to make it appear as.

Strange:
Out of them all, I respect you the most as a CO. You're the most professional and friendly, so I appreciate your respectful tone you maintained here. However, I feel like you misconstrued the point of me mentioning things I did for A1. The purpose was not to "guilt trip", the purpose was to highlight that I wasn't some random private who was on trial, nor was I just some inactive corporal. Mentioning all of these things was to prove that I worked very hard for the regiment, not to Garner pity points.

Gougar:
I brought up the issue to toxicity to all of you several times. As a result, you guys shoved it off your shoulders and said "oh well" effectively (as shown in the last screenshots). I tried to communicate with the CO team and Harlequin about these issues, which many others from the public have aswell, but have done nothing. If you're completely unwilling to try to investigate serious claims yourself, that's just being lazy or negligent. I couldn't get proof myself because 1. Alot of it was on TeamSpeak, and my Medal doesn't record TeamSpeak audio, just the games. And 2. Even if I did, you guys have made it very clear (again, as shown in the screenshots, which is just one example) that you have no intention to take any toxicity reports seriously, and would give the bare minimum possible punishment for it. Any reasonable person who had the conversations that I did with you guys would also believe the same.

Overall, I felt the need to respond to this as many of these claims that you've responded with are false, twisted, or leave out information that would hurt your reputations that you care so much about. You believing your CO team is "just" is simply your own opinion, and not a fact. I believe your decisions were not based off of the health of the regiment, but rather because you lot found me annoying as a person and wanted me gone, and didn't care how anymore. If anyone else, especially in the CO team, were held to these "standards" that you so heavily enforced upon me, you'd be a "dead regiment" as you so eloquently put it in your own words. Many other members of A1 and the CO team have done silly and stupid things in public and to other A1 multiple times a week, and no one cares because it's usually harmless. You only applied these standards to me, and there is a clear bias in the decision of my removal.

Last edited:

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
Harlequin
1. For the D Block thing, that's strange because I told you I was on the way to floor 3. When I got there, I crouch around before entering as a joke. Again, nobody was hurt from this. It was on floor 3 and only between you and I. You never brought it up as a concern until just now which, again, proves my point that you guys have not even tried to talk to me about this.

2. I talked to my friend. There's nothing unprofessional about talking to a friend regardless of a position. You're really reaching in this point.

3. I talked all about the strike in the report. I had full permission from the CO and he was at checkpoint. He obviously knew what was going on because he told me in TeamSpeak that an ambassador was coming. He had full knowledge of the entire situation. Trying to claim othereise feels like an attempt just to save face. But, if you want clarification, you didn't give me any warning about any of these behaviors you mentioned in this meeting of yours. None of you ever complained about these things specifically to me, infact some of you even laughed about it with me which was the goal. For people to laugh. To now turn around and use these excuses as a way to try to justify the teams harsh actions is pretty unprofessional itself, by your standards.

4. That isn't my fault, and these certaintly don't look like jokes. I was having a serious conversation with you about toxic members of the regiment, and you told me that you would never remove them, and at the very most give PT. There's no joke here except maybe the O1 comms thing. And you have obviously proven this to be true, as people can see in A1, as multiple toxic and unprofessional members remain in the regiment.

Keeper

1. I always tried to maintain a positive public image for Alpha 1 off of floor 3. Your claims of otherwise make it seem like I constantly minged, which I did not. The strike itself that supposedly contributed to my removal was explained in this report and all relevant things about it. And if we're holding things to such high standards on floor 3 suddenly, then wouldn't it be justified to call for your removal after the dozens of times you've killed other A1 on floor 3, or the times you looked the other way when A1 who you were closer with did something similar? It seems these standards are enforced only on me and in the most extreme way.

2. I had full permission from the CO and he was at checkpoint the entire time, and saw me cuff birdie. He obviously knew what was going on because he told me in TeamSpeak that an ambassador was coming. You guys even admitted this yourselves in the private conversation me, gougar, torment, and harlequin had about it. He had full knowledge of the entire situation. Trying to claim othereise feels like an attempt just to save face.

3. I always tried my best to follow these rules. I roleplayed with people, led people, helped people, and was approachable by the general community. The only time I ever messed around was (usually) privately with other A1 who seemed bored or down, because I wanted to improve the mood. Any times that I didn't do it privately, I either had CO permission/supervision, or was disguised with your knowledge in order to maintain A1s "image". And once again I must reiterate, no one ever seemed to have a problem with how I behaved. You went straight for the jugular with no warning. This is what makes me think ulterior motives were at play, such as simply removing me because you found me annoying as a person and not because I was a terrible A1 who threatened the regiment as you seem to want to make it appear as.

Strange:
Out of them all, I respect you the most as a CO. You're the most professional and friendly, so I appreciate your respectful tone you maintained here. However, I feel like you misconstrued the point of me mentioning things I did for A1. The purpose was not to "guilt trip", the purpose was to highlight that I wasn't some random private who was on trial, nor was I just some inactive corporal. Mentioning all of these things was to prove that I worked very hard for the regiment, not to Garner pity points.

Gougar:
I brought up the issue to toxicity to all of you several times. As a result, you guys shoved it off your shoulders and said "oh well" effectively (as shown in the last screenshots). I tried to communicate with the CO team and Harlequin about these issues, which many others from the public have aswell, but have done nothing. If you're completely unwilling to try to investigate serious claims yourself, that's just being lazy or negligent. I couldn't get proof myself because 1. Alot of it was on TeamSpeak, and my Medal doesn't record TeamSpeak audio, just the games. And 2. Even if I did, you guys have made it very clear (again, as shown in the screenshots, which is just one example) that you have no intention to take any toxicity reports seriously, and would give the bare minimum possible punishment for it. Any reasonable person who had the conversations that I did with you guys would also believe the same.

Overall, I felt the need to respond to this as many of these claims that you've responded with are false, twisted, or leave out information that would hurt your reputations that you care so much about. You believing your CO team is "just" is simply your own opinion, and not a fact. I believe your decisions were not based off of the health of the regiment, but rather because you lot found me annoying as a person and wanted me gone, and didn't care how anymore. If anyone else, especially in the CO team, were held to these "standards" that you so heavily enforced upon me, you'd be a "dead regiment" as you so eloquently put it in your own words. Many other members of A1 and the CO team have done silly and stupid things in public and to other A1 multiple times a week, and no one cares because it's usually harmless. You only applied these standards to me, and there is a clear bias in the decision of my removal.
1. I don't care if it doesn't hurt anyone. I say something you do it. End of story. The fact you feel I need to tell you to listen to COs shows me you have no place in A-1.

2. Every "talk you have with a friend" ends with SL trying to have a meeting and convince us into siding with you. You know it does. You continued doing it anyway. Hardly a reach.

3. When he said an ambassador was coming you should have stopped. You even had a second chance to stop when the IA ambassador told you to, you did not, you got striked. End of story.

4. If you can't see how "I send them into O-1 comms" is a joke I don't see how I can help you.

I'm sure the other COs will have they're say when they are free.

Last edited:

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
Harlequin

Keeper

Strange:

Gougar:

Honestly from what I'm seeing from a OA standpoint and working with O5 & Alpha-1 for 4 months is that yeah this is quite ridiculous that he got demoted with no notice. From what I'm reading it looks like either half of A-1 COs are bias or they are one sided and believe that he should of been removed. Alpha-1 has had issues before I will note this down. SL & NL had to speak to them and even O5 had to step up their game. It's pointless demotions and terminations like these that make no sense to me and it makes players leave the server. As a CO calling your regiment dead when you are a "24 player cap." doesn't mean it's dead. It just means people are in-active and that people should step up their game and actually take a leadership role and be proud of it. I hate to hop on the server 24/7 and have people complain about nonsense everyday. It's just ridiculous. This is probably one of my last messages I will be doing for this thread. Good luck, Watcher. I honestly hope you get appealed and that the CO team can revise their mistakes. If this is all false and I was wrong then I apologize. Maybe what the CO did is what is best for them. However I do not make those choices.

Good luck.

(Highly doubt people will care about this message however.)

TLDR : Give Recon a second chance. He is a great guy and has a great personality.

Gizzmo

Oct 23, 2022
Honestly from what I'm seeing from a OA standpoint and working with O5 & Alpha-1 for 4 months is that yeah this is quite ridiculous that he got demoted with no notice. From what I'm reading it looks like either half of A-1 COs are bias or they are one sided and believe that he should of been removed. Alpha-1 has had issues before I will note this down. SL & NL had to speak to them and even O5 had to step up their game. It's pointless demotions and terminations like these that make no sense to me and it makes players leave the server. As a CO calling your regiment dead when you are a "24 player cap." doesn't mean it's dead. It just means people are in-active and that people should step up their game and actually take a leadership role and be proud of it. I hate to hop on the server 24/7 and have people complain about nonsense everyday. It's just ridiculous. This is probably one of my last messages I will be doing for this thread. Good luck, Watcher. I honestly hope you get appealed and that the CO team can revise their mistakes. If this is all false and I was wrong then I apologize. Maybe what the CO did is what is best for them. However I do not make those choices.

Good luck.

(Highly doubt people will care about this message however.)

TLDR : Give Recon a second chance. He is a great guy and has a great personality.
He had a strike, and did another thing that would have gotten him a strike. We are a 2 strike system. I don't get where this delusion of "No warning!" is coming from. I also don't know where I said the regiment is dead, which makes me very confused

Last edited:

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
He had a strike, and did another thing that would have gotten him a strike. We are a 2 strike system. I don't get where this illusion of "No warning!" is coming from.
If he was striked or given 2 then yeah then I assume it is vaild. Like I said I wrote this paragraph at 10 AM in the morning so i'm tired.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
1. I don't care if it doesn't hurt anyone. I say something you do it. End of story. The fact you feel I need to tell you to listen to COs shows me you have no place in A-1.

2. Every "talk you have with a friend" ends with SL trying to have a meeting and convince us into siding with you. You know it does. You continued doing it anyway. Hardly a reach.

3. When he said an ambassador was coming you should have stopped. You even had a second chance to stop when the IA ambassador told you to, you did not, you got striked. End of story.

4. If you can't see how "I send them into O-1 comms" is a joke I don't see how I can help you.

I'm sure the other COs will have they're say when they are free.

1. I never stopped listening to COs. I never disobeyed any of you. I had harmless fun which no one was upset about at the time, and none of you ever mentioned it or asked me or told me to stop. I can't "listen" to something I'm not told about. I do not read minds.

2. It's not my fault that Server Leadership tells you guys off about things you do wrong. I'm not involved with those decisions, and I don't ask anyone to do it. I talk casually about it, they notice, and immediately see a problem with it. That to me seems like you should look more inward rather than trying to point blame toward me and avoid accountability.

3. I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, I don't remember, but I didn't hear him say "There's an Ambassador coming". Like I said, it was mentioned to be after the fact during the meeting. He never told me to stop or anything. I was just told way after the fact that he said the ambassador was coming.

4. I'm more referring to "I'd give them PT/DT at best", which is a comment you made with no satirical tone to it. The O-1 thing could obviously be taken as satirical, but you saying that you don't want to remove people who are toxic and you hardly want to punish them was not satirical on your part. It was part of a much more serious conversation in which we both were talking to each other seriously, and you mentioned that. Turning around and suddenly saying "Oh I was joking, I swear" seems unlikely. This, again, proves to me that you and your team only enforce these standards on people you dislike or people you want out of the regiment while remaining somewhat legitimate about it, easily avoiding consequences for wrongful removal.
If he was striked or given 2 then yeah then I assume it is vaild. Like I said I wrote this paragraph at 10 AM in the morning so i'm tired.
As mentioned in the original post, I had a strike from the HCZ thing. All information about that strike is in the original post too, along with the COs statements that they made in the replies so you and anyone else viewing can get an unbiased view of the situation. TLDR for the strike; I got a permission from a CO to do something silly, was supervised by said CO, and got punished for it because someone else saw me do it despite the approval and supervision I got.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
1. I never stopped listening to COs. I never disobeyed any of you. I had harmless fun which no one was upset about at the time, and none of you ever mentioned it or asked me or told me to stop. I can't "listen" to something I'm not told about. I do not read minds.
You're getting pted and then proceed to fuck around? I don't know why you haven't accepted the fact that if you're in trouble and then proceed to do more dumb shit that it's going to be worse for you. There shouldn't be a whole "well I didn't know" its more than a common sense thing.

Sir Barry

Jul 20, 2022
+ Support

I don't like that you were removed, Watcher, but i want to discuss the IA side of this ( at least the part involving you )

The document Birdie was trying to get signed did state "Foundation Staff, Biride, is allowed to commit suicide by acid pit."

1684528885443.png

The willingness of allowing foundation personnel to commit suicide could be seen as an issue. The issue Retribution, the Ambassador in question, had with the issue was his perspective.

Retribution had reported to me and the rest of IA in external comms while I was offsite that a researcher was dragging a medical trainee into HCZ without being ID checked. This let Ret to investigate, as that is the job that he was given at the time. The researcher turned out to be you disguised, and Ret had no idea A-1 was involved in this issue until that moment. His job is to report suspicious behavior from Site personnel, as well as protect said personnel. Openly allowing Birdie to kill herself in the pit, along with the disguise, pushed Ret to make the decision to report it to me. On his way out, he was chased down because he "saw too much", as previously stated. I do not believe Retribution handled the situation leading up to the confrontation in my office properly, and he was severely punished for that. Until the confrontation, Retribution was doing his job, and you were in violation of multiple codes in his eyes.

Wanted to clear up the situation, as well as leave my support. Watcher was given a strike by Eric, and I believe that was fair. On the contrary, As someone who was pushing for punishment, I do not believe expulsion is necessary for this specific issue.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
You're getting pted and then proceed to fuck around? I don't know why you haven't accepted the fact that if you're in trouble and then proceed to do more dumb shit that it's going to be worse for you. There shouldn't be a whole "well I didn't know" its more than a common sense thing.
I don't even know who you are. Also, nothing happened as a result of the situation you're referring to. Harlequin was laughing, we were having fun together in that moment. No one got angry, Harlequin never got upset, all I did was sneak in and crouch down while walking toward Server Room. I was never punished or told off for any of it, because it was harmless. Though, I'm not too sure why I have to explain this to you. I don't even know you, and you're not an A-1 CO or part of O5, or even part of anything that happened. Nor did you witness any of it. I don't even think you're in A-1. I'm not sure if you're really qualified to reply so harshly to this appeal (I'm not even sure that you read it all). I will try to be receptive to what you say and understand it, but right now I just don't understand it.

+ Support

I don't like that you were removed, Watcher, but i want to discuss the IA side of this ( at least the part involving you )

The document Birdie was trying to get signed did state "Foundation Staff, Biride, is allowed to commit suicide by acid pit."

View attachment 7561

The willingness of allowing foundation personnel to commit suicide could be seen as an issue. The issue Retribution, the Ambassador in question, had with the issue was his perspective.

Retribution had reported to me and the rest of IA in external comms while I was offsite that a researcher was dragging a medical trainee into HCZ without being ID checked. This let Ret to investigate, as that is the job that he was given at the time. The researcher turned out to be you disguised, and Ret had no idea A-1 was involved in this issue until that moment. His job is to report suspicious behavior from Site personnel, as well as protect said personnel. Openly allowing Birdie to kill herself in the pit, along with the disguise, pushed Ret to make the decision to report it to me. On his way out, he was chased down because he "saw too much", as previously stated. I do not believe Retribution handled the situation leading up to the confrontation in my office properly, and he was severely punished for that. Until the confrontation, Retribution was doing his job, and you were in violation of multiple codes in his eyes.

Wanted to clear up the situation, as well as leave my support. Watcher was given a strike by Eric, and I believe that was fair. On the contrary, As someone who was pushing for punishment, I do not believe expulsion is necessary for this specific issue.
Retribution was targeting Alpha-1 all day during the incident. I did show my ID to E-11 and they knew who I was specifically, hence why I was allowed to hang around. I was also supervised and given approval by a CO, which is why I did it regardless of Retributions protests.

Also, as much as I do appreciate your support, I wasn't removed just for this situation. I was harshly reprimanded, but not removed. I was removed a few days later for "unprofessionalism", where I was being silly out of the public eye (not being seen as Alpha-1 or told to stop). However, this was taken as an offense worthy of immediate removal with no further warning. The problem I have with the removal is the lack of communication and how unprofessionally it was handled when I was removed. I was never told what I was doing was wrong, and I tried to follow the guidelines given to me, which were; "You can do stupid shit, just not while being seen as A-1", which I followed after the situation leading to my strike. The strike did contribute to my removal, but was not the sole reason the CO Team provided. Much more information is provided in the original report, which notes down all incidents and the date at which they occured, along with the CO Teams replies.

Again, I appreciate your support regardless. I just want to make sure everything is seen without bias, and that all sides can be heard so an educated decision can be made, and people can come to their own conclusions based on the facts. This is what I heavily believe in, and always have.

Also to note, I am not doing this out of spite for the CO Team. I'm just doing what I feel is right. I have reached out to ensure no hard feelings were left from either side. Whether or not I'm denied or accepted in this appeal, or in any future appeal I may submit (if I do), I do not hate anyone and I don't want anybody to believe that I do. I always want to remain unbiased and learn from mistakes I do, I just don't believe I'm in the wrong in this specific appeal/situation thus far.

Epicap

Jun 14, 2022
Level 2 Appeal Denied

Hey "Watcher,"

The O-5 Council discussed this issue thoroughly, looking at all voices in this forum post, and all discussion amongst A-1 COs. After reviewing the cases and speaking to A-1 COs, we will uphold their decisions and will not be approving a Lvl 2 appeal at this time.

This decision does not come easily as we have worked with you personally and understand although your work ethic may have been something to admire, issues of professionalism off of Floor 3 are something we could not ignore. I do not see it as a personal issue of bias against you, but an issue of some poor decisions that led to an ultimatum for the CO team to discuss and decide what to do with you. Unfortunately as they voted to remove you for unprofessionalism, the O5 Council has voted in favor of the removal.

Additional comments in this thread were made off topic from your removal as well that I will briefly comment on. If there are issues of A-1 being toxic and or using language that is unbefitting of their positions and as players of Civil Networks, send evidence and clips to Commanders, COs, and/or the O-5! Often times people will complain about toxicity for A-1, but without recent evidence or specifics for us to act on, all that is being done is spreading rumors. If you had clips or screenshots of A-1 in-game, on the discord server, or in TS making inappropriate or toxic comments that break rules of A-1 and the server, we NEED to see those for something to occur.

If you or someone else reading this thread have instances they'd like to bring to our attention, please send an O-5 member or a CO in A-1 the evidence and the claim against a member. If nothing is done, escalate it appropriately because eventually it WILL be handled.

Thank you for taking the time to appeal and we are sorry to disappoint you,
O5-1 and the Council

Status
Not open for further replies.