Denied Levelling & Crediting Overhaul

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Rework the levelling system to allow for more flexibility, regarding changes to EXP needed for levels (per type of level), levels needed for jobs, etc. As and where needed, with the primary focus on improving incentive for roleplaying and making it easier/simpler for all involved, when it comes to crediting, being credited, etc.

Then re-evaluate the system of crediting overall - This could be in relation to the "junior creditors" (those being the roles that can't directly !credit and have to have their !credits approved by whichever roles are allowed to approve credits), with a mind of optimising !crediting and approving credits, making it less of a chore and more RP-friendly, etc. This would come with a potential rebalance of what EXP is given by credits, what EXP is needed for the relevant levels and potentially what levels may be needed for certain jobs.

Finally, implement a mechanism to allow for SCPs to be credited, ala what I said in a previous suggestion linked below. This would potentially need the same rebalances mentioned above, for SCPs.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

Many times - There have been so many suggestions on crediting in fact, that it is now a point in the FAQ to filter out simple !credit changes. This is primarily a direct re-opening of my suggestion from January in which I ask for a way to credit SCPs to try and incentivise people to roleplay more on SCPs, which was denied for:
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because SCP levels are purposefully made to be hard to obtain and a credit system would make it easier.
All of this bespeaks an even greater problem with the current system as is - Which I will discuss more on in later sections.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

• Allows for levelling progression, especially in areas such as being an SCP, to either favour roleplay more than combat or at least incentivise it enough to encourage more of it.

• Allows for reasonable and safe ways to properly reward SCPs and other jobs for roleplay-focused behaviours that they are not inherently directed toward -Fostering a more conducive and less-combative oriented roleplay environment.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

• Dev Time - I believe this is part of VWar?, which is a core addon - Which means that only one of 2 people on staff can make the necessary changes to it. Not sure about the specifics here. Additionally, this would require re-evaluation of... A lot of things, including but not limited to, certain whitelist app requirements. More on this later.

• Regimental Leadership Time - Fundamental changes to levels would mean that every faction needs to re-evaluate their entry requirements.

• Potential frustration with levelling and progression in the server - In that even though there would be far more opportunities to get EXP, the grind would be a bit grindier - Or with whatever balancing method is decided on.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Honestly, the denial annoys me a little. On several occasions, CT have made it clear that there needs to be a focus on encouraging more non-combative actions and similar - While I get that levels should have a level of difficulty to obtain which as they are, would be ruined by increased opportunities to get EXP, I personally don't see it as a good enough justification for not trying to incentivise more roleplay-centric interactions; The only way I can see to reasonably reconcile this is to go over the entire levelling system. If you can't make rewarding RP fit into the rewards system as it is now, then the system needs looking at. If an SCP co-operates and RPs well in a test, why shouldn't they be credited for it? Why is the only way to level as an SCP, via combative interactions? Am I crazy for asking to encourage roleplay in the roleplay server?

Yes, the system functionally operates fine as it is now - But objectively, it overtly encourages more combative actions than non-combative ones. This is highly counterproductive in an RP environment where you are trying to balance out combative and non-combative gameplay.

Last edited:

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
1712863551550.png
1712863565594.png
+Support
-No 073 nerf
-Doesnt mention Interdimensional Security Department

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Not sure about the rest but I 100% agree scps should be creditable for rping. Makes no sense to me the only ways to get scp xp are to afk or kill people. Would say scp level us by far the lowest average level too I mean when was the last time you saw someone with an scp level higher than 30

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
I love Tech Experts not being able to be credited by anybody except SA and SC

Mar 16, 2024
+SUPPORT
I have personal experience with this, my SCP level is like 15 with a large amount of SCP playtime, comparatively my D-Class level is nearing 30 with a similar amount of playtime. It is especially brutal when you participate in multiple tests waiting to breach only to earn around 500-2000 XP tops for the breach and nothing from the tests.

Reactions: Zen

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+SUPPORT
I have personal experience with this, my SCP level is like 15 with a large amount of SCP playtime, comparatively my D-Class level is nearing 30 with a similar amount of playtime. It is especially brutal when you participate in multiple tests waiting to breach only to earn around 500-2000 XP tops for the breach and nothing from the tests.
All it does is incentivise SCPs to focus on breaches over RP

Dusk.

Sep 25, 2023
+MAJOR SUPPORT, its so unrewarding whenever playing as a SCP. You wait for 5 hours and then breach to earn a total of 1-2 levels that most the time won't even unlock anything new.

Prplex

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Emilia Foddg ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This change to the overall crediting and levelling system would be very time consuming for something that isn't deemed necessary right now. Additionally we do not think making SCPs creditable would be beneficial for RP since we don't want credit to become a driving force behind SCP roleplay interactions. We have also recently taken a look at crediting systems on the server and are actively monitoring it for potential changes.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Sad
Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.