Accepted Lootable Radios for D-Class

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Giving the D-Class the ability to loot radios from killed foundation members so they can collect them to distribute to their gang members in order to communicate.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
D-Class can finally communicate with eachother against a foundation that thrives on communication, D-Class never stood a chance.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The sheer amount of times I've ran with a group of D-Class to 914, changed disguises only to be killed by other D-Class is such a time waste. There should be a way for D-Class to communicate without having to SCREAM DOWN MIC SAYING "IM A DISGUISED D-CLA--*DEAD*"
It's the most annoying thing in the world.
So if we can't have a feature that allows us to be able to spot our disguised d-class ally's, then ATLEAST let us be able to collect radios to talk on a secret channel that we can use so we can stay in contact and TELL other d-class what our disguises are.

And YES I know a D-Class Scout has a radio, but what good has that ever been when only ONE D-class has a radio that can spy on gensec. Other than finding out when a Sweep is happening, NO ONE uses it.

thanks

Reactions: Philadelphia

ERaven

Donator
Mar 7, 2023
Not all D Class have TS, or are bothered setting it up
Honestly that sounds like a them issue, there is no point in completely reworking the radio system because a fee people cant be bothered to download an app. Use ts, if people dont have that use discord.

Jul 15, 2023
York
+Support

+
As someone that regularly plays both gensec and d class I can see something like this as being highly convenient.

+ When escaping as d class and getting disguises it becomes hard to distinguish each other from other people. There's also no way to communicate with other dclass that might have escaped and not been in your group which has let to many instances of failed role play because of mistaken crossfire.

+ As D class have no comms and realistically wouldn't have access to externals I don't see a valid role play reason for them to be in TS and acting on the information called out by someone that could be on the other side of the map. This provides the same issue as using OOC information in character.

+
Also in response to the TS topic. Out of character, D class are the rank people start out on when they first join. It's normally people's first impression of the server. Communication would make it more interesting for them and they may not have TS, or know how to install TS at that current moment. Even most of gensec doesn't have TS unless they're C4 or in an MTF role.

-/+ However this still provides the same issue that until they receive the radio it will be inconvenient. I think this is a good suggestion and I would like to see it implemented. If not this exact suggestion I would like to see some means of communication granted or at least a visible way for dclass to distinguish each other from the other SCPF staff.

Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+Support
For reasons not listed because TS is obviously better and used
But alsoo yk finding out radio freq will be actual able to be used intil waiting for CI to raid and telling them gensecs which only happens once i na blue moon

Status
Not open for further replies.