Denied Make it FailRP to....

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it FailRP when theres a undercover guy "CI/D-CLASS" and they found out hes a intruder Make it FailRP when they do Electro shoc
therepy to reveal who he is, because it dose not make sence in role play.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. It would make more sence​
  2. It would make RP better​

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because it dose not make sence in RP when you do EST to remove there disguse

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-/+ on this

Legit impossible to uncover a DC if they have card and is the right outfit as knat dont go low on I'd cards

Lucía "Skibble"

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
-Support

This would imo just ruin rp, as the only way to deal with the intruder then without getting rid of his disguise would be to kill them. CI DC's tend to get rid of each others CI keycard before a DC too, so that form of identification is gone.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
-Support

This would imo just ruin rp, as the only way to deal with the intruder then without getting rid of his disguise would be to kill them. CI DC's tend to get rid of each others CI keycard before a DC too, so that form of identification is gone.
But that dose not make sence, they should just make a new way to get rid of disguse

Drew

Oct 31, 2022
-SUPPORT
i don't see why it doesn't make sence since it's just a way to reveal who he is or who he works for

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
+Support.
While this would be a buff to CI/D-Class let me explain.

Its not impossibile to find them out then, it will require more steps to do it. Example: You have a Site Advisor, His kants are weird, but his ID Matches, Instead of doing EST You will bring him to a Bio door ( Any around the site) and just have him open it. Also makes more RP sense to do this.

However not a staff ruling, just make it a feature.

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
+Support.
While this would be a buff to CI/D-Class let me explain.

Its not impossibile to find them out then, it will require more steps to do it. Example: You have a Site Advisor, His kants are weird, but his ID Matches, Instead of doing EST You will bring him to a Bio door ( Any around the site) and just have him open it. Also makes more RP sense to do this.

However not a staff ruling, just make it a feature.
EST description literally says that it's to remove anomalous effects and disguises

Reactions: John Dear

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
EST description literally says that it's to remove anomalous effects and disguises
I mean like, it shouldn't though... I get where you are coming from, but agian, In a Realstic standpoint, it wouldn't remove disguises. I get 914 is Anomalous but that wouldn't really chnage your entire body due to the fact 914 changes the way your body stretches

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022
I mean like, it shouldn't though... I get where you are coming from, but agian, In a Realstic standpoint, it wouldn't remove disguises. I get 914 is Anomalous but that wouldn't really chnage your entire body due to the fact 914 changes the way your body stretches
In real life you don't get killed to be revived :skull: so EST isn't realistic regardless

Reactions: Acey and John Dear

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait
How do i make it so that i dont get an email everytime someone replyes?

Bubba

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
-Support

This isn't an intended way to reveal someone in a disguise. How would this ruin RP? There are many ways to try and reveal someone. The main one being interrogations.

Keep in mind, on MRP there is no defibs, or harpoons, or anything for electroshock, we use only RP and interrogations.

In a staff perspective, I would say this would fall under Failrp, what RP is being done when someone performs electroshock therapy to reveal a disguise? It just seems like a lazy way to get it done rather than RP'ing it out.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
This isn't an intended way to reveal someone in a disguise. How would this ruin RP? There are many ways to try and reveal someone. The main one being interrogations.

Keep in mind, on MRP there is no defibs, or harpoons, or anything for electroshock, we use only RP and interrogations.

In a staff perspective, I would say this would fall under Failrp, what RP is being done when someone performs electroshock therapy to reveal a disguise? It just seems like a lazy way to get it done rather than RP'ing it out.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
-/+ Support

I agree that Using EST to Remove a disguise is kind of weird and unrealistic but making it a FailRP rule is not going to work as doing anything that is not your direct job's parameters will cause you to get a FailRP warn and demotivates people to actually RP. i feel a better suggestion would be to have it removed as a "feature" and for a replacement suggestion to be in place as Content & Devs need more then just "this is weird please change it"

Reiner Zufall

Aug 1, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it FailRP when theres a undercover guy "CI/D-CLASS" and they found out hes a intruder Make it FailRP when they do Electro shoc
therepy to reveal who he is, because it dose not make sence in role play.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  1. It would make more sence​
  2. It would make RP better​

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Because it dose not make sence in RP when you do EST to remove there disguse
-support

It is a essential part of RP, also CI and GOC do the same otherwise how do you want to prove identities ? Medical department would suffer a lot from this. People would abuse 914 on 1:1 to get a different disguise and troll around without getting caught ,believe it or not ISD has to deal with this too many times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.