Content Suggestion Make it so the restraint gag actually gags you

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Make it so when you're gagged when in elastic restraints you can't use your mic.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Stops the IMMENSE amount of FailRP people do by talking through gags.
- Makes the gag actually have a purpose other than text on your screen.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- None

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion should be accepted because I think I speak for everyone when I say that very few people roleplay the gag correctly. At the present moment, it's a useless piece of text on your screen. If it was actually functional, it could prevent a lot of mishaps including FailRP.

May 13, 2024
-Support I would give plus support to this however I believe there should still be some capacity of talking just severely muffled while gagged. I do believe disabling the microphone would deny some people's rp that they do, such s myself.

While I understand where you're coming from, very very few people correctly RP gags.
“Very few people” if you’ve ever been kidnapped you’ve used a TTS before

and past that there are still people that RP it out, I am one of those people. I find it silly that you would restrict RP for the sake of making life a bit easier for something that is already a rule break

Recker

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
“Very few people” if you’ve ever been kidnapped you’ve used a TTS before

and past that there are still people that RP it out, I am one of those people. I find it silly that you would restrict RP for the sake of making life a bit easier for something that is already a rule break
Maybe implement a feature to show the person as still gagged but let the muse a mic? Like click G on them and it'd say on their screen "You have been given a text to speech device, and may not use your microphone" or something. Regardless I just believe a gag should be a gag.

Reactions: Niox
Feb 20, 2022
-Support

If a player is Fail RPing by talking while gagged a sit can be called or they can just be ignored. There are a few situations that have been resolved where the player has talked through their gag. (Where they were combat cuffed or something and it can be resolved without admin interference.)

I can see a situation occuring where a player is being significantly harassed by someone continuously restrain/gagging and they can't speak up for themselves due to this change.