Mass RDM Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshamu

May 26, 2023
Your in-game name: Jason (Sham) Jonathan
Your SteamID: 76561198131620978
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131620978/
Date of ban: Sunday, May 28th
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Mass RDM
Who banned you: Ramuh
Ban length?: 2 Weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Reminder of my actual first ban since I've never really MRDMed until this point without realizing.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: No.
Why should you be unbanned: I should be unbanned because I've been providing assistance and been actively playing on the server without getting in trouble from staff members. I've accepted the ban from the staff member without arguing, and I know it was my fault. And I didn’t realize killing Class-Ds as a CD would be considered RDM since I’ve been seeing people do it as well.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I can ensure by watching my habits and controlling myself on how I play and be more cautious of the rules.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I want to rejoin this server, because it is currently the only SCP-RP server I am actively playing on GMOD, and it kills my extra time. As well as start progressing throughout the server again and having fun.

Last edited:

Ramuh

Feb 13, 2023

Response

Hey Jason, I'm the staff member that banned you. There's not a lot for me to say, you did admit to it here & in the sit & I do believe that you genuinely did not know you couldn't kill other D-Class, however that does not change the fact that you did do it & it did upset some players.

At the end of the day, it is your responsibility to read the rules & understand them(If you don't understand them, you can ask staff for help), that's all I have to say regarding this ban.

EDIT: Thinking about it now & after speaking with another staff member, I should have reduced the ban time & I believe that the full two weeks was unfair to you, for that, I'm sorry. In the future I will try to be more fair when handing out punishments to newer players.

Last edited:

bshamu

May 26, 2023

Response

Hey Jason, I'm the staff member that banned you. There's not a lot for me to say, you did admit to it here & in the sit & I do believe that you genuinely did not know you couldn't kill other D-Class, however that does not change the fact that you did do it & it did upset some players.

At the end of the day, it is your responsibility to read the rules & understand them(If you don't understand them, you can ask staff for help), that's all I have to say regarding this ban.

EDIT: Thinking about it now & after speaking with another staff member, I should have reduced the ban time & I believe that the full two weeks was unfair to you, for that, I'm sorry. In the future I will try to be more fair when handing out punishments to newer players.
Its cool. As it is your job to ban them apart of regulation ban times. As you said, its my fault for not understanding the rules and not asking.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi Jason ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After reviewing the matter, I have decided to reduce your ban to 7 days, meaning that your ban will expiry on Sunday. This is because whilst you did MassRDM, you are new to the server and didn't fully realize, and that you are apologetic for it.

Upon your return to the server, please ensure you re-read the rules to ensure you understand them.

Kind Regards
Canoon​

Status
Not open for further replies.