Denied medical changes

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Light

Mar 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[The models for certain medical roles.

Medical Trainee should stay where it is. I like to think of the "Medical Trainee" as an EMT level provider, which matches its current look.

The current "Doctor" role should be renamed to "Nurse" and given the model of the current "Senior Doctor" role, turning it into a Nurse.

The name of the "Senior Doctor" role should be changed to "Physician" or "Doctor" as well as given a more fitting appearance, a simple lab coat (with or without a tie) would fit the look of a Doctor much more. The current one looks like a Nurse.

The new "Physician"/"Doctor" role should have a new model given to it, likely something with a lab coat of some sort. To help avoid them looking too similar to Research roles, they could be given a lab coat that is open at the front with a stethoscope around their neck. Worn in the same style as the current "Medical Trainee". Another accessory could be a pen in the front pocket of a lab coat.

My reasoning behind these changes is to make the medical staff look more accurate and professional. I am basing this off of my own experiences in the medical field.]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Not that I know of.]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Increased immersion.
Real life accuracy.
It is (as far as I'm aware) not a very labor intensive change.
It would make role-playing more "natural". Doctors strive for (in an ideal world) a very tidy and professional look/demeanor, it is highly suggested as a way to psychologically re-assure your patients. It would also work nicely for the future if more mechanics were incorporated into the medical staff.]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Could require more work than I'm aware of to implement new models.
Might be hard to find proper models.
Some/most people may not appreciate or value the changes as much.]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[I feel like it is a relatively easy way to increase the immersive value and potential role-play aspect of the medical staff for those of us who like to at least attempt it.]

Aug 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[The models for certain medical roles.

Medical Trainee should stay where it is. I like to think of the "Medical Trainee" as an EMT level provider, which matches its current look.

The current "Doctor" role should be renamed to "Nurse" and given the model of the current "Senior Doctor" role, turning it into a Nurse.

The name of the "Senior Doctor" role should be changed to "Physician" or "Doctor" as well as given a more fitting appearance, a simple lab coat (with or without a tie) would fit the look of a Doctor much more. The current one looks like a Nurse.

The new "Physician"/"Doctor" role should have a new model given to it, likely something with a lab coat of some sort. To help avoid them looking too similar to Research roles, they could be given a lab coat that is open at the front with a stethoscope around their neck. Worn in the same style as the current "Medical Trainee". Another accessory could be a pen in the front pocket of a lab coat.

My reasoning behind these changes is to make the medical staff look more accurate and professional. I am basing this off of my own experiences in the medical field.]

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Not that I know of.]

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Increased immersion.
Real life accuracy.
It is (as far as I'm aware) not a very labor intensive change.
It would make role-playing more "natural". Doctors strive for (in an ideal world) a very tidy and professional look/demeanor, it is highly suggested as a way to psychologically re-assure your patients. It would also work nicely for the future if more mechanics were incorporated into the medical staff.]

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Could require more work than I'm aware of to implement new models.
Might be hard to find proper models.
Some/most people may not appreciate or value the changes as much.]

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[I feel like it is a relatively easy way to increase the immersive value and potential role-play aspect of the medical staff for those of us who like to at least attempt it.]
+/- Support
As a current Director of Medicine, I'd say this is a very cool idea, however it would be slightly pointless due to people being able to buy access for the PAC3 Editor and just make this themselves.

I would say changing the model of the Sr. Doctor is needed as it looks like shit currently and the normal Doctor model should look different from the Trainee model.

Mar 26, 2023
Suggestion Denied
Hello Dr. Light. Thanks for making your suggestion we as the Content Team have concluded this is an unnecessary change as you haven't provided any models for your model change and the medical jobs are already easily distinguishable by name. Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.