Merrick 'NoFun' Travolta DOIA [UK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:58970141
Discord name: kizunaa.j
For how long have you played on CG SCP: About 5 months now.
In what country are you located?: UK.
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Merrick 'NoFun' Travolta
Civilian name: Michael Mcdoesntexist
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Nu-7 LCPL, IA Ambassador, A1 PVT (Holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- None
Why are you applying for Director of Internal Affairs?
- I'm applying for the position of director of internal affairs as I want to assist the ambassadors of internal affairs more, and moving up to a director position would put me in a place where I can do that more suitably, as well as continue gaining more experience as a CL4. But this time in a senior role as opposed to a junior one. My mindset being "At best. I can help improve the department of internal affairs using the higher level of authority that Director would afford me.

What makes you suitable for Director of Internal Affairs?:
I've got a wide variety of knowledge of the departmental rules, Along with my dedication to internal affairs allows me to be able to serve the department and improve it to make the department better than it already is. I am also applying for this position, as I feel myself and the other director are well aquainted and will be able to work well as a team to manage the department.

It's not a well-kept secret that I spend maybe an unhealthy amount of time on IA, Though it is being tempered with A-1 duties. (my other mains being MC&D, and the occasional chemist),

My dedication to the department and ethics as a whole should be evident by my basically flawless record (besides one or two ill-made comments in OOC).

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Affairs in RP?:

In roleplaying, a director of internal affairs is supposed to be one of the more direct lines from internal affairs to the ethics committee and site administration. They are supposed to oversee the ambassadors and make sure they are following their own high standards as CL4 personnel, and then to make sure they are also keeping the CL3 agents and operators in line.

Directors also make decisions on the ambassador team (with input from their juniors, obviously).

Directors also manage investigations, starting new ones formally with the other ambassadors in the loop. As well as receiving updates from ambassadors about their own individual investigations.

They also assist ambassadors with things such as document writing and helping to make sure their requests to other CL4 (ECA/OSA/SC/SA/ECM/ECC) are to the standard that people in those positions expect.

Directors are also one of the first hurdles towards making policy changes in IA, as they check the quality and validity of a change before moving it up the chain.

Directors also pose a closer link to the ethics committee to see how they are advising/training and handling the department. Their ability as director allow them the ability to supervise their junior CL4's.

-
Please give some lore about your Director of Internal Affairs character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Merrick travolta was born in a small city in the UK, He soon moved to canada and eventually with some trial and error, Found himself on the police force. Though he had an habit of finding some more.. occult like cases in his way. This caught the eye of the foundation, and initally he was going to be contacted and recruited, with the intention of fulfilling a place in Iota-10 'Damn feds', However after a bit more introspection it was more believed that he would serve better among the Internal affairs division of site-65, During his time there he quickly forged a pretty respectable working relationship with A lot of members of the medical department and one or two people within research and Gensec.

After some trials, he found his place among the Internal affairs ambassadors of site 65. During his time he forged more relationships. Some of the executives within research. Members of the ethics committee. Even more members of the medical team. He also watched a few ambassadors join, Deliberated with his other ambassadors and directors about their worthyness to join the team.

During his time as Internal affairs Ambassador, Merrick would find at times he would black out, Waking back up at the offices but always with a few injuries. He never did find the explanation to this. However he did hear some reports of a new member of ISD going by the codename "NoFun" that would show up whenever he was away.

As one of his directors moved onto a further position within site administration. And he decided he would put himself forward as someone who could take that position.

Revolutionary

SCP-RP Staff
Aug 25, 2023
+Support
-Hardest Working Ambassador on site, has a deep care for the department and is always overflowing with ideas for IA, Would be more than fit to handle the position of Director

cityismy

May 10, 2023
Massive +Support
Only man fit for the job (unless charles applies which would be hilarious)

Skinner

Sep 8, 2023
Alberta, Canada
+Support
While I can say that my past interactions with you have been good, I cannot speak for your initiative and previous history as an Ambassador. Though I would suspect you did quite a lot already as you are applying for this position, I wish you the best of luck nonetheless.

Jan 20, 2024
+ Support
- Best ambasssador around and that i have ever seen couldnt think of a better person to be the next DOIA
- Cool guy
- Good past with them as an ambassador
- Great fit for the job
Good luck!

Harvey "Regianld" Specticle
IA Ambassador
One of the best ambassadors(JK)

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
New Email Received
Subject: Departmental Lead Application

>>Open Email

Attached: Position Request Results

A Letter from the Ethics Committee
ec.png

Good Day Mr Travolta,

You have applied for the position of Director of Internal affairs. We thank you for being so enthusiastic about taking on this stressful and challenging position. Your willingness and eagerness to develop your stance within the Foundation has been noted and is greatly appreciated. We have observed and reviewed your tenure within the department of Internal Affairs, how you've conducted yourself, your initiatives and projects.

After deliberating with the Committee regarding your request, we have come to a unanimous agreement. This request has been accepted . Please await further contact so an interview can be arranged so we can ensure your competency in this position. We hope you will not disappoint.

See you soon, and best of luck.

Have a lovely day,
Regards,
Ethics Chairman Oisín McKenna

Reactions: Ace 63
Status
Not open for further replies.