Rule Suggestion Meta Gaming ID Rule Clarification

Rule suggestions will be reviewed by Superadmins, this may take longer than standard content suggestions.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:[/B]
This suggestion adds a Meta gaming rule clarification for two people with the same ID, and whether its considered Meta Gaming for two people with the same ID to be investigated more, for example:

7.03 Matching Keycards - When a two personnel have the same ID, it is not considered meta gaming to investigate more into their identity (Example: Codeword checks, Kant counter, EST)

you could also do this the opposite way around

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?
I don't think it has been suggested before

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
Lets staff not have to go through a hassle when Disguised players with same ID call a refund sit
If you choose to do this the opposite way around, then it will massively help Spy Jobs

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People who mainly play spy jobs could get angry

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This has been something that has been fought about for a long time, and i think its time it is clarified

Dayumian max

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Apr 5, 2024
Two Cards that are Matching in names and uniforms = Suspicious

ID Card 1: John Arrow

ID Card 2: John Arrow

Obviously, there can only be ONE John Arrow and so if i find two matching IDs either at the same location or in different locations but with unreasonable travel time, at that point you may detain both and EST Both to see who is fake, this has been clarified, done, tried and repeated a million times and honestly all this is just a Cope suggestion.

-Support
Realistically the first john arrow wouldnt exist since he died and there wouldnt be a matching id to begin with.

Reactions: Niox and fyzar
Fun yap times.

Ok so yes, 2 people having the same ID is a point of suspicion. In a normal world, why would 2 people have the same ID's? Surely one might be a faker? That's fine. But then you have cases where you take someone's keycard, and then kill them, and they respawn. Now there's 2 keycards that are the same, which doesn't make sense as 1 of the people died in RP. How would they have a duplicate of their keycard if they died? The only reason their name is the same is because it isn't a PK, but realistically you should have different ID's to one another.

But then you have situations where your keycard is gained back through legitimate means - lets say that someone's keycard is taken by CI, and they get returned to Foundation, and either get ECT, or do /me grabs keycard from stash and then flags on/off the job to get their card back. These are both valid, IC ways to get your keycard back. So in this case yes, 2 keycards of the same name would be a valid point of suspicion.

Two Cards that are Matching in names and uniforms = Suspicious

ID Card 1: John Arrow

ID Card 2: John Arrow

Obviously, there can only be ONE John Arrow and so if i find two matching IDs either at the same location or in different locations but with unreasonable travel time, at that point you may detain both and EST Both to see who is fake, this has been clarified, done, tried and repeated a million times and honestly all this is just a Cope suggestion.

-Support
did you read the suggestion

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds a Meta gaming rule clarification for two people with the same ID, and whether its considered Meta Gaming for two people with the same ID to be investigated more, for example:

7.03 Matching Keycards - When a two personnel have the same ID, it is not considered meta gaming to investigate more into their identity (Example: Codeword checks, Kant counter, EST)

you could also do this the opposite way around
Hes not taking a side here. You're just being an idiot. Go read the suggestion because you might actually like it if it backs up your thoughts.
+Support
-Overall I would like to see a easy and clear clarification for situations like this.

YandereMuffin

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
But then you have situations where your keycard is gained back through legitimate means - lets say that someone's keycard is taken by CI, and they get returned to Foundation, and either get ECT, or do /me grabs keycard from stash and then flags on/off the job to get their card back. These are both valid, IC ways to get your keycard back. So in this case yes, 2 keycards of the same name would be a valid point of suspicion.

Surely if someone gets their keycard back in a valid way (ECT / going back to bunks, etc) then they can also call out in comms that their ID was missing which makes anyone with their ID auto suspicious? - not countering Niox's point, just adding something more imo.

In my opinion is should be clarified as not suspicious unless called out - people respawning and having the same ID as another is stupid imo, and should be clarified in an opposite way to what I've already seen it clarified as (which is that 2 matching cards should both be ECT'd).

+ Support on the clarification, Should 100% be non-sus though.

Surely if someone gets their keycard back in a valid way (ECT / going back to bunks, etc) then they can also call out in comms that their ID was missing which makes anyone with their ID auto suspicious? - not countering Niox's point, just adding something more imo.
yes, that is indeed what i said. thank you mr parrot