What is your warn reason:
- Mic-Spam
Who warned you:
- Grizzly (Moderator)
What server were you warned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
- USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):
- https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What Will I Ever do to Stop this from Happening Again?
I have now realised that my mic is extremely sensitive and that when I do whistle. Not everyone's ears are fond of it. I will ensure that when I do whistle in Roleplay, that my Mic is at a great enough distance away from my mouth so that it does not hurt anyone nor make anyone feel uncomfortable.

Prior to this, have I Ever Been Warned/Kicked/Banned?
I have been warned once for RDM. This was given to me due to the fact that I killed an MC&D with no reason behind it outside of Foundation Gates. I have completely revised my gameplay and character and now know that in ANY given situation. The rules of the server should be taken seriously.

Why Should this Warn be removed?
I believe that my warn should be removed because the whole situation was a big misunderstanding.

When I was heading down to HCZ Primary Checkpoint to deliver pizza to Epsilon-11 Units. I was whistling along the way. This is when Grizzly (disguised as Tech Expert "Zark Omelette") started to follow me. We both found ourselves in the main elevator, that's when Grizzly stated "My ears hurt" - referring to my whistling.

I took that comment as an insult, not a complaint. Therefore, I proceeded to whistle louder under the impression that Grizzly (disguised as "Zark Omelette") did not like my whistling and was attempting to insult/antagonize me.

Unfortunately, I was wrong to do that. As it turns out Grizzly was actually complaining that his ears hurt. At the time, I did not understand how sensitive my mic was. Due to my mics sensitive nature, my whistling (which was at normal volume in reality) was ear piercing to others in game.

I now understand my mics sensitivity and that whistling into my mic may cause discomfort and/or pain in others just trying to play the game and have fun.

I apologised for my actions, showed remorse and understanding in the sit. I also was under the impression that it was only soundboards and music which could be considered "micspam". I did not know that human made noises could also be used to "micspam".

How can I Ensure that I Won't Break any Other Rule?
I have since revised the MOTD for SCP-RP. I now have full confidence in my understanding off the server rules.

It is within my best intent to play this server seriously and to ensure that my presence does not hider anyone else's ability to roleplay or to enjoy themselves on the server.

I have taken this warn and my previous RDM warn very seriously. I will learn upon my mistakes and from the server rules to ensure that I always roleplay and play the game in alignment with the server rules.

Why do I want to be Un-Warned?
I wish to be un-warned due to the nature of the warn and my previous lack of understanding which led me to being warned.

Before the admin sit with Grizzly. I did not understand that human made noises could be used for "micspamming". Furthermore, I did not realise the sensitivity of my mic. Also, I was understanding and apologetic during the sit.

Therefore, I conclude that due to my lack of knowledge regarding all information pertaining to the sit. I believe that I should be un-warned as it would make it seem as I am a mingey "mic-spammer" who goes around blasting music into my mic. When instead, I just didn't fully understand everything.

"Micspam" is not a warn I personally wish to be carrying around. Especially if I wished to make an application in the future. People would base some of their judgement on my warns history. If they were to see micspam along with RDM. They would make an instant negative judgement on my character and my ability to RP seriously in alignment with server rules.

[This is not a staff complaint, therefore I have put it in this section in the hopes of getting my warn appealed.]

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Appeal Denied

Hi @Chester "Celtic",

Thanks for taking the time to make an appeal.

While I understand you may have not realized that your mic had a high sensitivity, you have admitted that you started whistling louder to cause annoyance. Per our rules, chat/mic spam is defined as:
Code:
1.28 Chat/Mic Spam - You may not utilise communications in game in order to cause annoyance which detracts from the roleplay experience by screaming down their microphone or spamming voice lines / messages in chat.

With that in mind, I find no wrong doing with the punishment given out.

You may re-appeal in 1 week​

Status
Not open for further replies.