Denied More exploratory/non-player SCPs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion would add at least one if not more stationary/exploratory/non-player SCPs.

During my time playing researcher and D-Class alike I have found many researchers who claim they desire more when it comes to testing in general. Adding player only experiences is not a bad thing inherently but I think it comes with some problems that would not be present in the case of exploratory SCPs or Non-Player ones. Let me be more specific, SCP-087 is really the only example of an exploratory SCP within this site. Which means if you want to do a test, lets say as a senior researcher or above that doesn't require another player to not only be on but be cooperative that is basically your only choice. I believe exploratory SCPs capture the goals of the research staff of the foundation perfectly, and they are equal to if not more so in terms of value when it comes to roleplay opportunities. Simply put, in my experience they are fun. The main goal of this would be to add more unique roleplay experiences for D-Class, Researchers, and even GenSec.

My main candidates for this are as follows (In order of my personal belief of how realistic it is that these may be added):
SCP-002 The Living Room: Is essentially a giant tumor, a big flesh ball which contains inside a typical set up for a living room that you would find in a normal house. There are many anomalous properties about it but among the most interesting is the foundation personnel who have gone missing inside it. I believe if a partial acceptance were to happen this one would be the easiest one to add. Since it only takes up one room and isn't huge on the inside or anything it would be fairly simple to create and add.

SCP-015 The Pipe Warehouse: Is a warehouse that is fully filled with all kinds of pipes. These pipes have a tendency to grow when not under observation, attack any and all who enter, and are made out of all kinds of materials. This one would be very interesting however, given the density of pipes and the moving parts I believe it could create undue lag on the server. That being said I believe it could be a very interesting horror type experience

SCP-455 The Cargo Ship: A rusty old ship half sunken in water somehow not flooding despite holes on the outside. DISCLAIMER: This SCP is larger on the inside. It is composed of many rooms made out of all kinds of materials as well as hazards inside which include lack of oxygen, rusty sharp things, and more. Unfortunately this one, though very interesting could cause lag and other problems. I do believe it has somewhat of a chance but it is much less likely then the previous two.

SCP-432 The Old Storage Cabinet: An old storage cabinet that again, is larger on the inside filled with cramped corridors and electronic interference. It has a structure that frequently changes upon the doors of the cabinet closing and a creature inside. This one is a two for one you would get an exploratory SCP and a player SCP similar to SCP 860 and 860-2. However, given this one is the largest and most complex one, including the addition of a new player controlled SCP it would be much harder to implement.

These all have the opportunity to allow researchers to try new types of tests such as, salvage operations, exploratory missions, sampling??? (only rp), and more.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I scrolled through for quite a while and couldn't find anything so not to my knowledge no.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
There are many potential positives to a suggestion such as this, here is a few of them.

New Roleplay opportunities: Essentially the main reason for this suggestion is the new roleplay opportunities involved with SCPs such as this. Along with the new test types I wrote about above these SCPs would provide new (and unique) opportunities.

Giving more researchers more to do: I often see researchers who run the same mundane tests simply because that's all there is for them, some may lack creativity but, these new SCPs could add a whole new category of things to do.

Enrich the D-Class experience: In the same vain as researchers this would give D-Class more to do. As a level 30 D-Class I have participated in many tests not too many of them were unique though. This isn't the biggest tragedy in the world but it would be nice to have some new tests to participate in.

New compelling documents: Lastly for the writers these would allow for new and very interesting documents to be written about the experiments that are taking place within them.
I'm sure there are more but this is what I thought of

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
On the opposite end there are several negatives to something like this.

Lag: Adding anything, especially things of considerable size to the server is bound to cause lag of some kind.

Considerable developmental undertaking: Simply put, these would take a while to create, optimize, and implement. It would not be easy whatsoever and this is a huge ask.

New minge opportunities: Though I cannot think of anything specifically there will most certainly be new ways for people to use these SCPs to troll, minge, ETC.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

Before I start here I wanted to say I am aware of what I am suggesting here, this isn't some small rule change, or adding a new weapon. Things like this take a LOT of time to work on so this is essentially a shot in the dark but, you miss 102% of the shots you don't take, I think.

Based on the positives I can see and the negatives as well again I am aware of the major difficulties involved with something like this, that being said, I believe the positives far outweigh the negatives and practically everyone in the server would have something new to try at the very very least. The new roleplay opportunities involved in new content like this are practically limitless and I personally believe it would be great to see some of these SCPs on Site-65.

Lastly after all I have said about the difficulty with the degree of change this would require I would like to add that this suggestion is more or less in the manor of "when" the map changes, as I imagine this isn't the final layout for Site-65. I am suggesting these things be added when that takes place.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Server Specific Suggestions: Due to the way Content works in Civil Networks, the content syncs and must be as close to 1:1 as possible (Permaprops etc. are exempt), however we cannot add just a set of models to one server and not the other or server specific content for USA that does not appear on the UK.
This can't be US-specific.

Otherwise,
+Support

KaptianCore

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jul 1, 2022
Australia
Some more items sure but I think we should add ones we can add without map changes ones like the book of cures (idk what it's called) and all that instead of a giant boat and stuff that takes up a massive space and other stuff.

Reactions: Max Henry
Mar 16, 2024
Some more items sure but I think we should add ones we can add without map changes ones like the book of cures (idk what it's called) and all that instead of a giant boat and stuff that takes up a massive space and other stuff.
I understand and to some extent agree the boat and cabinet are mostly wishful thinking. Perhaps the meatball and/or pipe room could be worked in in a way that isn't super disruptive?

Max Henry

Jul 25, 2022
Site 184. Nova Scotia, Canada
i like SCP RP
tenor.gif

Oh also +Major Support from me

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Dr. Bruce "Bbo" Brimstone ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

At this time we're not looking to take on such a large scale map project due to what is already in the works. We do however recognise the value of non-player SCPs for their consistent and 'always available' status for players to explore so this should not he taken as a flat denial of adding more non-player SCPs. If you would like to suggest similar SCPs in the future please also provide greater detail on the specifics of how you envision these functioning within the server environment.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.