MrDoppy Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr"Doppy" Zinkleburg

Oct 17, 2022
Your in-game name: MrDoppy
Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:510230883
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198980727494
Date of ban:2/18/23
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):
Stealing [C]
Who banned you: Dr.John Cannon M.D
Ban length?:26 weeks (11 weeks left)
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: Over the past 3 months I've held out thinking that I wasn't in the wrong, but I have come to a consensus that overall I shouldn't have been inside the chemical cabinet, nor should I have done anything with the items that I got from the cabinet.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes
Why should you be unbanned:
The moral of the consensus is that I was wrong for taking the chemicals and have doubt that chemicals was my goal at CI base. I was simply was there for the access to gun locker/armory; moreover, I met Delcom Cardinal in the Armory as I was getting into it and soon enough I was let into the chemical area by a officer and believe that we must have been talking about something to do with chemistry and soon I asked him if he could buy some vials and beakers for me(which there should be logs for) in which he obliged my request with such items. I can't recall what item I used, nor what chemical I was wanting to make. (I think it was something with blood)I just wanted to experiment with chemicals and saw an opening in which I could do so. I meant no ill intent by grabbing a chemical. After reading my previous appeal I realized some of my mistakes in which I stated that I took out empty vials; furthermore, I meant that I was given empty vials. As well as when questioned on the subject when brought in to a sit I didn't understand that it was against the rules to take from the open fridge(which I soon figured out in the sit). The belief I had at the moment(in the sit) was that I wasn't supposed to try and use the vials that were given in the chemical lab(Talking about the rule I thought I broke). I stated before in the sit that I took out a vial not thinking that it was against the rules and soon was charged with stealing. I really didn't have intent on breaking in rules from the point of my last ban. It was a mistake on my part with the knowledge of this being all new as of then.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I had no intent from the start to break rules and continue to not have the intent , but simply made a mistake while escaping as D-Class I should have just got the guns and left, but my eagerness to play with the chemical update in which I didn't really know to much about, nor did I know to much about the rules on the chemistry lab. I really have intent to RP on the server. Although I have made a lot of mistakes, I have played through the game and done most things there is to do on the server. I have well over 60 percent of the achievements and have almost every role there is to get from levels.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
Over the past 1-2 years I have been on the server and I have a profuse amount of fun on the server and it didn't take to long for that itch to play SCP-RP came back. I want to continue collecting knives and exploring anything new.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Hi Doppy,

Thank you for taking the time to appeal.
In relation to your current appeal, I'll refer to the previous evidence I gave in the previous appeal . Since I'm now a Senior Admin, a Super Admin will review the file and provide an outcome.

Take Care
In relation to your ban, you were banned for Stealing and Stacked Bans (Class X).

For background information, i became aware of this incident during the course of you and another player raiding the CI and GOC base. During the course of that raid, the other player used a Matador on a number of occasions, and I was assisting Kodama in dealing with that. Whilst we were observing, I conducted a check of logs and observed that you had removed 2 flasks of chemicals from the CI storage.

When you were pulled to the sit, you initially denied to both Kodama and I that you took anything from the storage, however, when I stated that we had logs, then changed it to say that Cardinal had given you permission to take chemicals from there. When Kodama and I asked Cardinal, he stated that at no point where you authorized to take Chems from CI.

When I challenged you on this, you then asked just for a warning for the theft and not to get banned.

I reviewed your record with staff and observed that you had two prior warnings for theft (both on the 20th of January 23). In addition to that, you had 10 previous bans in the past 6 months, and only recently just returned from a ban (ban expiry 17/02). After consulting Senior Server Leadership, a Class X stacked bans punishment was issued against you.

For the senior staff that reviews this, I do have screenshots of logs, as well as a video from the point after we discovered the chem theft. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover the sit however.

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Mr"Doppy" Zinkleburg,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I am willing to give you a second chance as your response seems genuine. I will be lowering your ban to 21 weeks which will give you 5 weeks left and not fully unbanning because you do have an extensive history. Please note that if you fall back into your old habbits, future appeals may be met with scrutiny.

Regards,
Alpha​

Status
Not open for further replies.