Denied New Rule for SCP-939

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSCPAddict001

Jan 3, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This new rule will add a rule that makes it so that SCP-939 has to either stand still next to the flare when a flare is shot nearby, or the SCP-939 can move around a little bit. (First or second offence is eligible for a verbal warning, if more than two verbal warnings are given to someone for breaking this rule, they get a warn and it builds up from there.)

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't think so...

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Makes sampling easier.
+ Makes it so that SCP-939 won't accidentally bite anyone while running around and freaking out.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Limit roleplay I guess...?
- Nothing else really....

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Just so that minges can't hop onto SCP-939 and when a flare is shot just run around the flare wildly, preventing samples from being taken. It's just annoying that people do this.

TheSCPAddict001

Jan 3, 2023
Already FailRP. but + Support?

If the 939 runs around then they're not inspecting the flare noise's origins as they should IC and are instead just goofing around. Call staff if they are doing it.
Oh, I was told that it wasn't FailRP, can you give me the exact rule if there is one please?

Oh, I was told that it wasn't FailRP, can you give me the exact rule if there is one please?

"SCP Silver Rule: Role-play during experiments. Do not instantly kill D-Class introduced to your cell; this is poor roleplay and not fun for other players. All use of your microphone must be in-character for that SCP (see below)."

You gotta follow RP during experiments according to that 1st line. It'd be impossible to sample any SCP in general if this wasn't a rule and SCPs were just allowed to jog away from D-Class and kill them when they approach them (106, 457, 049 etc).

LexDash

Sep 28, 2023
Florida, USA
I think its good for 939 to have a major reaction to the flare. For 939 it's super fucking loud so instead of just standing there I think it would attack it or in servers case just spasticity move around it. Idrk what to rep this on just my take

TheSCPAddict001

Jan 3, 2023
I think its good for 939 to have a major reaction to the flare. For 939 it's super fucking loud so instead of just standing there I think it would attack it or in servers case just spasticity move around it. Idrk what to rep this on just my take
The thing is, while it is kind of realistic, it just makes sampling it way way WAY harder... And it IS a rule break I learned. I want it to stay that way personally...

939 doesnt sense sound, he senses changes in air pressure, which is why he can still see you if you're crouching and moving slightly

You gotta follow RP during experiments according to that 1st line. It'd be impossible to sample any SCP in general if this wasn't a rule and SCPs were just allowed to jog away from D-Class and kill them when they approach them (106, 457, 049 etc).
Me when the murder monster known for murdering people really well and that's it isn't supposed to murder people ._.

I believe when I was a Super, Yeke and I had said that they don't have to go towards a flare as they're sensitive to light, so it'd make sense for them to run away from it. Why it'd be fail rp to run makes no sense to me and this rule suggestion doesn't really provide any real benefit.

This will be getting a -Support from me.
as ive stated i think the only "benefit" this causes is for people to get effortless 939 juices

Me when the murder monster known for murdering people really well and that's it isn't supposed to murder people ._.
idk man, if 106 / 076-2 / 966 aint allowed to do it, why should 939 be the singular exception lol. I'm just pointing out the rules established already by SL & forum rules. People get warned for killing during testing all the time.

If this isn't FailRP, the only way to get 939 samples is to have MTF shoot down at 939, beam him, have staff TP him out for sampling, and cuff him. The flare has specifically been the anti-939 SWEP since launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.