Oggy's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 30, 2022
Your in-game name: Oggy

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:565603924

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199091473577/

Date of ban: 30/10/2022

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Player Targeting Harassment

Who banned you: Newcastle

Ban length? 4 weeks

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (theurl):https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/

What will you do to stop this from happening again:

This is a weird question to answer without explaining my side of the story, but I will personally keep myself out of the way of the supposed reporter that has got me banned and I will try to interact in a nice manner with him. Supposedly I won't target and harass any players. I will endeavour myself to keep a friendly manner like I normally do and try not to cause any tension between me and the reporter. I will try to dedicate myself to being a role model for the server rather than presenting myself to be seen as mingy and not a nice person. From now on I will try to cease interactions with Mr Ghost.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?

Nope I have never been warned of my recollection, maybe warned once ages ago but you will have to check for yourself as I cannot remember.

Why should you be unbanned:

In my personal opinion I think I should be allowed to be unbanned for a multiple of reasons. I'm going to start this off as I think that this ban is unjust and that the actions of others have led to me being banned too. As you can see stated above i got banned for player targeting harassment. This does not really apply to me at all, and I'll tell you my reasons why. Reason 1 I was falsely associated with a document as a complaint against Mr Ghost that was meant to be submitted to the higher-ups of UAN which was used as a tool of harassment towards Mr Ghost by the community when the document was leaked. I supposedly added and contributed to this document, and this is the reason I got banned. I was told about this complaint form towards a member of the UAN asking if I wanted to share my part of explaining my personal engagements with him as many others did as well. But just like the others I don't agree with how the leakers used the document as a tool of harassment toward him rather than a correction tool to show the impact he is having on the UAN as a whole. The true purpose of the document has been misunderstood and the blame has been targeted on me. I think this could be due to the personal dislike Mr Ghost has against me as a person and a player from engagements as a whole so he thought that I would be the culprit of this. Personally, I think the mass leakage has been confused to have other meanings and I didn't mean to harass anyone.
Reason 2: This reason is the player targeting part of my ban. In the past me and Mr Ghost have had some bad engagements with each other and that may be why he thinks I'm targeting him. Recently I tried to arrest him for a valid RP reason. He took this the wrong way and accused me of just targeting him and that I didn't arrest anyone else. I can't think of any ways that I have personally targeted him and if the staff know the ways I did I would be happy to explain my side of the story.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?

Previous to this I have not broken any rules and no ben banned for any. I can ensure that I will stay away from Mr Ghost and try not to cause any confusion or get mixed up in anything that causes me to have repercussions.

Why do you want to re-join this server?

I would like to re-join because I enjoy the community as a whole and everyone that is involved in it. I have made many friends through the mrp server, and I don't want to lose contact with them. I also just enjoy playing the server and dedicated quite a bit of my time too it.

Hope you consider my applications, and I would like to hear back from you soon

Oggy

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Appeal Accepted

Good Afternoon @Oggy ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After taking the time to investigate this ongoing issue and diving deeper into the evidence that we received, I can now conclude that you were speculated to be jointly involved in player targeting. This does not necessarily dictate that you are clean, there are points of evidence that do show negativity toward the player in question but not enough to warrant a ban at this time.

If this were to arise again in the near future then your ban will be reinstated.

Your ban will now be lifted.

Kind Regards,

Doofy​

Status
Not open for further replies.