PAC Scale Rule Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Change PAC ruling:
5.3 - You can only change the height of your character using “Size” and the value may only be between 1 and 1.1.

to

Combative roles can only change the height of your character using “Size” and the value may only be between 1 and 1.1.
Non-combative roles can only change the height of your character using “Size” and the value may only be between .9 and 1.1.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

I don't see any suggestions for it; I do know that at some point previously the scale rule was .9 to 1.1. After consulting with a senior admin, they were unaware when exactly the change happened, just that it may have been around the time the lore category was launched. The change seemed to have been silent, as they were unaware of the current ruling being 1 to 1.1.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

1. Short kings and queens represent.
2. More variety with PACs.
3. Allows for more accurate character representation in RP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

1. Combatives will complain about harder to hit targets.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I just want to play a short girl :(

In all seriousness, I'm always for looser PAC rulings. The obvious PAC minges should be dealt with, but I believe the rules meant to catch the minges are also catching out legitimate RPers trying to make unique characters.

+/- Neutral (Leaning Support)
I feel it would be nice, but the reason we have these rules (is not because the staff are meanies totally) is because a lot of things are meant between the 1-1.1 scale (which even past 1 breaks sometimes) meaning that a lot of items like to clip through the character. I feel it would be nice if it was made sure nothing was to bug.

Sep 22, 2023
+/- Neutral (Leaning Support)
I feel it would be nice, but the reason we have these rules (is not because the staff are meanies totally) is because a lot of things are meant between the 1-1.1 scale (which even past 1 breaks sometimes) meaning that a lot of items like to clip through the character. I feel it would be nice if it was made sure nothing was to bug.
Clipping and strange anims happen anyway. I'd rather be given the choice than have it denied, because I personally don't care if my model is slightly off.

Clipping and strange anims happen anyway. I'd rather be given the choice than have it denied, because I personally don't care if my model is slightly off.
True, since it is non-combative I don't think it will matter that much. The only reason I can see it being denied is because of what I said as well as people like Assistants who are shooting in "Self Defense" and it gives a gameplay boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.