Pacman's Pac3 Tutorial

Richard "Pacman" Steiner

Jan 28, 2022
Basicly, if you got Questions about how to do something in Pac3, Reply with it here, upon which i will answer it with what i know of. Lets make this world a Pac3 Paradise
This includes questions like:
How do i do this in pac:
Where do i find:
How do i change this:
Etc

• Love
Reactions: Lord Mirai (未来)

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
How do I make an object (jiggle) appear at my position upon an event trigger and STAY there when I move.
Imagine I have 4 events called prism1,prism2... and want to trigger them successively. It would make them at different positions
my desired behavior is for a model to be spawned at pos_noang of that one moment, and for it to be independent of the rest.

My current understanding of PAC is that they would get their inits on "Wear", and thus that wouldn't work.
Please help, pacman

Richard "Pacman" Steiner

Jan 28, 2022
How do I make an object (jiggle) appear at my position upon an event trigger and STAY there when I move.
Imagine I have 4 events called prism1,prism2... and want to trigger them successively. It would make them at different positions
my desired behavior is for a model to be spawned at pos_noang of that one moment, and for it to be independent of the rest.

My current understanding of PAC is that they would get their inits on "Wear", and thus that wouldn't work.
Please help, pacman
You need to add two proxies for the Jiggle's "Speed" Function. One for speed to be set to something fast like 15, which will yeet it to your location, and one to set the speed to 0, which will freeze the object in place.
Do remember though that when other people "Load in" Your pac, it will appear at a different place due to loading, so you might have to reset it sometimes.
A event to trigger said speed function proxy would be handy to have it set to a command.
bind <key> "+pac_events" to bind a accessable key to add a "Emote wheel"
then simply make your speed proxies have an event "Command" With a suggested name like: pac_event Toggle Speed. You can then toggle it.

• Wow
Reactions: Lord Mirai (未来)

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
what's the best way to just replace a head in pac3
set the node for head in the model string you make for your actual model to "null" and then change it with the other model you have, make sure to set the rest of the new model to null as well except the head