Denied Re-add the armoury in medbay [UK]

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Bigstone"

Jun 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes the CL1 room and replaces it with the CL3 armoury which was removed prior.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I'm aware of

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-No need to run all the way back to SS just to refill your armor and ammo
-Convenient

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
The armoury room had no reason to be removed and replaced, everyone who needed it used it. Removing it makes it a lot more inconvenient and annoying. Also, the CL1 room we have now does not provide any sort of RP, and just seems like a lazy way to replace it.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Hi,

The main reason it was removed was due to many reasons, ranging from balance to the overall gameplay atmosphere.

Firstly, it was added without much consideration for balance, and the only reason I could find was "The other site has it."

After a couple weeks, we noticed the effect it had on balance, especially in D-Block. GENSEC and Medical (combative) personnel would be able to gather armor and ammo in an instant after being injured in D-Block. This effected the ability for D-Class to effectively riot.

On the other hand, when CI reaches entrance zone and is near the MTF Training Room, combat personnel are able to acquire instant armor and ammo in Medbay and re-enter the fight. This, along with others, meant that people were acquiring ammunition and armor without the downside of having to leave combat zones (D-Block or fighting Groups of Interest) and head to either the Security Sector or External Affairs' Bunks. Therefore throwing balance out of the window.

I hope this explains why we decided to remove the armor cells and ammo stash in Medbay and why we are inclined to keep them in the specified zones for now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.