Denied remove or reduce pac restrictions for GM+

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
removes most of the pac restrictions for people who have GM, as far as i know most of the restrictions are just behind console commands that need to be changed
if it's not possible to allow it for only GMs, the punishments for PAC abuse can be made a lot stricter, especially for using advanced things like proxies to make your character move faster. to be honest though, I doubt many people are willing to pay money to a server solely to fuck with it

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
MASSIVELY opens up the kinds of events we can do
makes PAC more flexible for events

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
dev time if console commands aren't enough to make restrictions apply only to non-GMs
i don't even know if it's possible to do this; if we go with the idea that pac isn't restricted for anybody paying £10, somebody with good knowledge of pac could end up damaging the server?
rogue GMs can do horrendous things with lots of perms
(although it could always be given to selected GMs with good histories)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
i've scrapped multiple event ideas (and i think it's safe to say many others have as well) because PAC3 simply cant do what you want it to do, for example: Changing the target entities of the pac, using free movement to make custom vehicles, alongside others I could list
it'd really open up the kinds of events that can be done, the only thing I don't know about is if it's even possible to change PAC settings for selected players

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Hello, bill as far as I am aware I have requested this a very long time ago.
Apparently, it's not possible to give perms to those functions to specific groups.
and if we were to give it to all other people and make pac rules stricter... there are people who know how to do serious harm to the server.
I'm not trying to deny the fact that GMs should have access to them but there are people that do not like this community instead we would weaponize them with better weapons to harm the server

Hello, bill as far as I am aware I have requested this a very long time ago.
Apparently, it's not possible to give perms to those functions to specific groups.
and if we were to give it to all other people and make pac rules stricter... there are people who know how to do serious harm to the server.
I'm not trying to deny the fact that GMs should have access to them but there are people that do not like this community instead we would weaponize them with better weapons to harm the server
great minds think alike ?
a shame it's seemingly impossible

Jul 21, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Bill Nye The Guy,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. As mentioned above it is apparently near impossible to set PAC restrictions different for a certain user group meaning that restrictions would have to be globally lifted leading to a lot of potential abuse.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.