Denied Remove Sniper jobs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Random K.

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 8, 2023
Site 54
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Remove Sniper Rifles from Whitelists entirely
(Maybe replace them with DMRs + a viable primary weapon (ARX for low spread?))

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Didn’t find anything

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Nobody likes getting oneshot from a place you cant even see
- More balanced surface combat
-> More than 4 people will have fun on surface
- I hear complaints about sniper rifles on surface on a daily basis, would stop those

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- less realism
- no more sniping, which can sometimes be fun
- indirect buff for short ranged SCPs on surface
- indirect buff for juggernauts on surface
- indirect buff for Type Blue on surface

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Frankly, sniper jobs are only enjoyable for those who play them. Surface combat is completely dominated by those who play on marksman jobs and not a day goes by when I play CI or DEA that I don’t hear someone complain about snipers.
It simply isn’t a lot of fun to get sniped across half the map from some weird angle without much counterplay available, there just isn’t enough cover for that due to the nature of the map, an open wasteland.
I feel like not having snipers would make combat on surface far more enjoyable for the vast majority of players, aka those who aren’t on the marksman/field agent slots.

And in case anyone says this is a cope suggestion: I usually get preyy good K/Ds, Im not really coping because I die to them too much
From my experience most of the good sniper players agree that snipers are busted, which is why they still play on them.

EDIT:
A possible replacement could be giving them the SCAR-H, VKS or some other kind of DMR while also giving them a good primary weapon like the ARX which has low spread and is thus good for surface combat.
Alternatively, if you still want to keep snipers, you could nerf them heavily by reducing their magazine size to 1 or 2, making them more of a secondary weapon to open a fight or take out a priority target, before then having long reload time that allows for pushing toward the sniper’s location.

Last edited:

Mars

Oct 7, 2023
+ support.
BUT: GOC should keep a one tap sniper.
GOC is meant to be stronger and more scary. Make it so other snipers only have DMR or smth of the likes, but goc get a bolt action 50 cal (For the slower rate of fire). Would make the balance interresting. GOC can dome you but only if you agro them. Adds to the risk off offending them now and restores their og purpose of being a dangerous faction you wana be friends with.
Snipers in general are not fun. DMR on the other hands are. I would rather have people 2 tapping and being able to be countered (cuz if they shoot you, you can spot them and try to fight back allowing your team to counter them for oppening fire) then being one tapped across the map. Horrible meta.
no!? ?

Shark

Jun 4, 2023
+ support.
GOC is meant to be stronger and more scary. Make it so other snipers only have DMR or smth of the likes, but goc get a bolt action 50 cal (For the slower rate of fire). Would make the balance interresting. GOC can dome you but only if you agro them. Adds to the risk off offending them now and restores their og purpose of being a dangerous faction you wana be friends with.
Snipers in general are not fun. DMR on the other hands are. I would rather have people 2 tapping and being able to be countered (cuz if they shoot you, you can spot them and try to fight back allowing your team to counter them for oppening fire) then being one tapped across the map. Horrible meta.
do not let this man cook.

goc already have godly kits, you do NOT need a one shot sniper.

DaveDogs

Feb 19, 2023
My house
steamcommunity.com
+ support.
View attachment 15018

Let this man cook

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
Suggestion Up For Further Discussion

Hi @Dr Random K. ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to put your suggestion up for internal discussion.

We have opened an internal discussion to explore options which would aim to bring sniper rifles into a position that we believe the community at large will be satisfied with. In the meantime we would be happy to hear any further comments from the community.

Your suggestion will be tagged with the pending review flair and left up for players to continue to respond.​
delete them
thanks

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Dr Random K. ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

As the playerbase is well aware, we made adjustments to snipers in an effort to bring them back into line. The feedback on this has been largely positive and whilst we understand there will always be a divide among the playerbase on the matter, we believe we have now found a pretty good place for snipers and as such will not remove them at this time. We're always open to further feedback and monitor the meta closely.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.