Accepted Removing the ADB from 22415-3

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This Suggestion would have the ADB removed from SCP-22415-3

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Incentivising Diplomacy with GOC
-Less Clutter on SCP-22415-3
-Lowered potential for misuse

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Less incentive to play 22415-3 over -1 and -2
-Less Incentive to obtain the 22415 Whitelist
-Reduced access to ADBs

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Since its introduction, the ADB has been one of the main incentives for diplomacy with the GOC and has been one of their most interesting and versatile tools.

Providing incentives like this is a good way to nudge the playerbase towards diplomacy and roleplay over combat, in addition to making them think twice if whatever they are doing is worth risking losing access to this tool, both for gameplay and roleplay purposes.

Providing the Foundation with 24/7 unrestricted access to this tool diminishes this, which i believe to be undesirable.

While removing a SWEP from a Whitelist-only SCP is not ideal, the ADB is not one of -3's advertised features, and most people with whom i have spoken about this were not even aware he had the ADB, and i dont belive it to get much use on account of the number of SCPs able to be destroyed by one Sole ADB to be limited.

Lastly the three 22415 Instances as a whole are still perhaps the most interesting and complex mechanically and roleplay wise, so i dont believe removing a single SWEP that rarely sees use on the specific job and is not commonly known to be part of said Job would reduce its appeal much, if at all.

Implementing this suggestion would help maintain roleplay incentives that are sorely needed to maintain faction and server health

Status
Not open for further replies.