Denied Reward RMP/AOR with passive XP while in base

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni

May 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion adds a passive XP gain for all RMP/AOR whilst on base. This is a general consensus that was reached between a lot of RMP operatives on at the time. This is due to the fact that, during peacetime, RMP's job is to keep the peace at base, and other regiments usually do supply runs and buildings FOB's - Only one of these activities reward XP, whilst only one should.

EDIT:
After some back and forth, and some feedback received from 6 members of NHC, I'd like to, in case of this being too much, changing it so that NHC (and NWO variant) to be able to credit everyone in their said regiments, much like SCP-RP.

Has something similar been suggested before?:
Not that I'm aware of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1) RMP Operatives get correctly rewarded for performing their duties
2) People would be more motivated to play RMP/AOR

EDIT:
3) People from all regiments can be rewarded with XP for doing good RP => (which can directly work with the recent high command changes for better RP), and for doing good in something that doesn't award XP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Some people may abuse this to AFK and get rewarded with XP.

EDIT:
This might be abused to credit people and "boost" them up in mastery, however, high command are the most trusted roles in RP of the whole server, and I think they should be trusted with this responsibility

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This suggestion was the collective built up opinions of various RMP I spoke to. This would greatly benefit the regiments, and the community overall, as, being rewarded for RP would be a great thing.

EDIT:
Finishing up, 6 NHC agree on this, I'd love to hear from NWO High Command, but I'm sure they'd also agree.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
-support

"Is in base" is not a good enough measure of "are you doing your job?"

Perhaps instead you could have passive XP awarded for being near the gate controls, while not AFK.

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
+support

I would say Most of AOR agrees with this also this would help with people to be more motivated to play or try AOR/RMP wich is now not doing great even with all of the CO's help

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
-support

Perhaps instead you could have passive XP awarded for being near the gate controls, while not AFK.
there are other duties then gate controls like arresting people / interrogate them and patrol around for sas

Reactions: Toni

Bumble

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Jan 21, 2021
ur closet
thatsthefinger.com
- Support

The reasons are endless but here are a few
- Can be farmed easily
- Mastery will become pointless if it is gained passively

If done properly, this suggestion could be beneficial. I don't agree with passive XP for 'being in base' but if there were a system of XP for tazing/arresting that were controlled (could still be farmed but rules are in place to prevent that) this could improve RP and motivate AOR/RMP. As Merlin said, XP for standing at gate controls or opening/closing them whilst not AFK could also work.

Toni

May 23, 2022
- Support

- Can be farmed easily

If done properly, this suggestion could be beneficial. I don't agree with passive XP for 'being in base' but if there were a system of XP for tazing/arresting that were controlled (could still be farmed but rules are in place to prevent that) this could improve RP and motivate AOR/RMP. As Merlin said, XP for standing at gate controls or opening/closing them whilst not AFK could also work.
-support

Any extra feedback I could add to suggestion would be appreciated, what are yous opinions on staff/NHC permitting AOR/RMP getting credited for doing their job in base?

Merlin

Nov 16, 2022
what are yous opinions on staff/NHC permitting AOR/RMP getting credited for doing their job in base?

This is already a feature of the /credit system

Toni

May 23, 2022
Bottom line of this suggestion is, for the staff team, and hopefully both sides' high command (or both), to come to a consensus, or at least think about this, because currently there is no set in stone way to reward RMP/AOR for doing their duties around the base - guarding gates, patrolling, arresting people, etc.

Toni

May 23, 2022
This is already a feature of the /credit system
We tested today, one admin only credited the people guarding the gates, not the ones patrolling. I think a mod or sr mod was also called, but did not credit at all

EDIT: Also, today NHC Sly told me NHC/NWO Variant cant credit their own troops, this is kinda odd to me, seeing as this is a common thing in SCP

Last edited:

Kvalax

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Jan 13, 2022
O-Block
We tested today, one admin only credited the people guarding the gates, not the ones patrolling. I think a mod or sr mod was also called, but did not credit at all

EDIT: Also, today NHC Sly told me NHC/NWO Variant cant credit their own troops, this is kinda odd to me, seeing as this is a common thing in SCP
I personally think HC should be allowed to credit people, HC rank is equal to junior staff & staff should trust their HC. Abusing it would result in severe punishment.

Reactions: Bumble and Toni

Toni

May 23, 2022
I personally think HC should be allowed to credit people, HC rank is equal to junior staff & staff should trust their HC. Abusing it would result in severe punishment.
-support

and totally agree with what kvalax said
Currently, I got 3 NHC (Sly being the other one) agreeing that NHC (and NWO variant) should be able to credit their regiments. Any more thoughts/suggestions?

Vampuffin

Feb 20, 2022
+Support , it'd be great to have NHC do credits for RMP and AOR, could also open the gate for NHC rewarding regiments for doing more RP, missions, doing great jobs like consistent FOB buildings, kidnappings, interrogations, FOB assaults etc.

Michael J

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
+/-Support

It could get rmp and aor to be more enthusiastic to do their job but also. Although rewarding rmp/aor to do their minimum of their job would be unfair because then all regiments could argue that they should also get rewarded for example, SAS/STS to get XP everytime they do base infills or kidnapping, Vehicle regiments to kill enemy vehicles ec.t.

Toni

May 23, 2022
+/-Support

It could get rmp and aor to be more enthusiastic to do their job but also. Although rewarding rmp/aor to do their minimum of their job would be unfair because then all regiments could argue that they should also get rewarded for example, SAS/STS to get XP everytime they do base infills or kidnapping, Vehicle regiments to kill enemy vehicles ec.t.
this has been edited and added in the post

drako dormus

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 1, 2021
- Support

- Can be farmed easily

this will lead to corruption / random arrests if not handeld correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.