roach3 ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

roach3

Civil Gamers Expert
Oct 1, 2021
Your in-game name: roach3

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:543514989

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199047295706

Date of ban: 22/08/2022

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MRDM (Setting off a SCUD inside base)

Who banned you: Dmitri

Ban length?: 2 weeks

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/militaryrp-rules.10/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: By not trying to launch a SCUD through the floor.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?:
FailRP / October 4th 2021
FailRP - Firing AA-Arti inside base / October 25th 2021
Toxicity / November 17th 2021
Base camping (Appealed but not removed) / ???
Headglitching / ???
Toxicity / ???

Why should you be unbanned:
I launched the SCUD with full intentions of it being launched through the floor and onto water tower in a SCUD test because a PVT wanted to see how the SCUD looked when it landed Although in hindsight, launching the SCUD this way was immature, I had absolutely 0 intentions of the SCUD hitting the ATC Tower and killing 6 people, therefore my ban should be at the Most FAILRP as the MRP Staff Handbook states 'MRDM must be intentional' - of which mine wasn't.

As you can see in the clip, I say 'Its going to go through' - which meant I had full intention of it going through the ground and fly onto water tower.
You can also hear me saying 'oh no' when I realize that the scud got stuck on the tower.
If you would look at the logs at this time you can clearly see me saying "/oc SCUD test water tower" a couple of seconds before activating the SCUD launch.

I think that yes, I should be reprimanded for trying to launch a SCUD through the ground via a warning of FailRP or even a reduction of the ban to 3 days for 'Minor Glitch Abuse' - but a 2 week ban for MRDM is really not justified, especially when there is evidence to suggest the fact that my intentions were not to kill 6 people.
As mentioned, the handbook states that the MRDM has to be intentional - it was not. Therefore, why am I subject to a mass rdm ban?

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I will no longer try launch a SCUD through the ground of the NWO base.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I was a LTCOL and had only a couple warnings prior and worked hard to get to my position. It was very silly and immature of me to launch the SCUD through the ground because someone told me the scud was nocollided for a set amount of time after it launched and that shouldn't be the ending move to make me lose my rank entirely when I have put so much time and effort into my regiment.

Doofy

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Nov 10, 2021
Scotland
Appeal Accepted

Hi @roach3 ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After reviewing all the evidence and gathering inputs from the SL team, we have all agreed that you had full knowledge and intention of firing a scud from under the map and for it to hit water tower. It is evident that this was very careless from someone that has a lot of experience on the server and the way the vehicles work. I hope that you have now learned that testing something out of sheer curiosity can end up in situations like the one you had.

I will be accepting your appeal of "MRDM" and instead be reducing the 2 weeks to a 5-day ban instead for "minor glitching"
You may await the rest of the new ban length and you may not re-appeal.

Kind Regards,
Doofy​

Status
Not open for further replies.