Denied Rule interpretations /Discord threads

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trollr123

Jun 9, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
There should be a discord thread that allows players to ask questions about the rules as most of the time if we get told 1 thing from staff a different staff member says another thing

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I dont believe other people have suggested this on the forums

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
It would allow player and staff to review any questions answered and save so many people from getting warns they dont even deserve.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Only negative thing i could think of is if a player isnt in the discord to view the thread to review it.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
This would save so many people from getting warned for a rule they where misinformed about by staff and it would also allow staff to read up on other peoples ideas on the rules and compare those ideas to there own to come to a better understanding of the rules. This may not work due to a player not having access to the discord server so it may need to be explained time to time.

Cartoonjunkies

Oct 4, 2022
+support

Staff rulings are annoying. It relies entirely on player word of mouth to spread them. There’s literally a staff ruling thread that just never gets updated. There’s tons of “rulings” that never get added to it. Not to mention rulings that are sometimes done in discord channels that most players don’t have access to.

Realistically we should go back to “staff rulings” that aren’t in the rule or rulings forum posts just not being allowed. But since that’s unlikely, giving a place for people to ask them and then have evidence that they were told that other than “so and so said it” would be nice.

ToasterStrudels

Dec 18, 2023
god i love it when a staff member tells me i can do something and then another tells me i cant and warns me for doing it!

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
I mean, or staff could just update staff rulings.

And then, yeah, if it's not written down, it's not a rule. I don't know why anyone is beholden to rules they don't have access to.

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 4, 2023
England
Suggestion Denied

Hi @trollr123 ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

If you need to ask questions about rules you can make tickets in the discord.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.