Sandwalkers MRP mapper application H++

Status
Not open for further replies.
-In-game name on all servers you play:sandwalker

-Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:171984691

-For how long have you played on our servers?:since 2018 messing about on dark rp?

-What country are you from?:England

-Time Zone:BST

-Do you have a mic?:Yes

-Is this your first application for Mapper? If not, link previous ones:https://civilnetworks.net/community/threads/sandwalkers-mapper-app.12657/

-Have you received any bans?: combined across all servers 3 bans and 26 warnings from 2018

-How confident are you with Hammer (Rate yourself 1-10 using rating guide):8-9

-Do you have previous experience as a Mapper for GMod?: Yes, helping bram, cope and vents on a MRP map that nevergot Releaseddue to over complexcity

- What source games have you mapped for and used the content of?: GMOD and CSGO

-How many hours can you commit to Mapping per week?:10-20 (new job more free time)

-Why do you want to be a Mapper? What can you help us with?:I want to be a mapper so i can create fun and exiciting maps for the MRP map rotation and also maps for events, like adding i bases to event maps, spicing up cap points, underground passage ways(my speciality), make the server feel even more different by making things that have not been done or even just never thought of, I can do everything from edit maps, make/help create new maps, optimisation from light maps to area portals

-Which server(s) on the CG Network do you play on and which ones would you most prefer to map for? MRP UK/USA

-Have you made & edited any map before? if so attach some images showcasing your map & edit

Last edited:

Hey while I cannot comment on the quality of your Mapping, you recently made a leaving post stating about how you disliked the current state of the community, you have since edited it to remove the message. You have also been removed from COL, GM and Staff for separate incidents all relating to abuse of power.
Yeah, I joined a different regiment so I stayed. Plus with the staff and abuse of power mapper doesn't have anything to do with any of that, I am trying now to prove that I want to improve the server so I'm pushing myself away from the persona I have on the server. I can show the true side of me being an integrated member of the community.

The current state of the maps, as well as the concerns and problems I have personally observed, inspired me to apply. In my honest view, I have abilities and ideas that would be far more valuable to the server than not using my talent for the server, and becoming a mapper would encourage me to do more for the server more so than I do now. I want to include the community more in the production of maps so that if they have suggestions for changes, I can build an idea and adapt it depending on their feedback.

=Neutral (Leaning to -Support)

Hello Sandwalker,

I would like to put forward my verdict and shed some thought on the good, the bad and the unruly sides. Let's start with the good bits: you have been a fairly welcoming person to me who allowed me to fit into the community since my initial interactions in early 2021; I appreciated that since, as a person who is introverted, it was a pleasure to be welcomed with open arms. Furthermore, I can see the quality of the mappings, and your knowledge of the relevant programs puts confidence in your developing competency.

Moving on, as there is a lot to cherish, there has been an equal if not a rising amount of concerns to do with yourself specifically; I will not dive into what Connor or any SL has spoken to you, but the manner of what you gave to the community has already shifted a lot of doubts in your reapplication to the Dev team. Equally, as such, I also had some interactions in sits where your manner was not that of someone of a professional but that of someone quick to anger, making it harder for myself, in particular, to handle the sit in the calmest tone. This is a concern not only for your past actions pre-removal of staff positions but also for your current conduct as we speak. Finally, the abuse of power is a strong reason for your removal in the past, and a lot must be desired to retain that bridge that has long since rusted away.

I see a future of you reintegrating into the staff team one way or another; however, these points must be accounted for before such endeavours can be made.

Regards,

-Dmitri
i agree 100% regarding the last part that is why i wanna make a new bridge and .build it piece by piece as my actions are not from the real me and i would like to gain that trust again

If you can't be trusted to not abuse noclip and the ability to spawn in props I find it impossible to see how you could be trusted with map files.
Hello, Connor. I fully appreciate your feedback and criticism. My mistakes in the past were actions performed in an unprofessional manner, which resulted in my ranks being removed, and the consequences that followed were taken on the chin and i learned from them, which is why I am now trying to be the best member of this community that I can, which is why I now seek to demonstrate myself as a member of the comunity that wants to keep pushing it up by using my skills to truly accomplish something for this server that will be beneficial.

His access to map files would be very restricted. Also what do you expect him to do with said map files?
I would get a VMF and the textures or even just my own stuff once trusted and shown that i can actually do a good job for the community i would have acces to the

Addition to my app i now have access to hammer++ for more precise mapping.

Last edited:

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
Hey while I cannot comment on the quality of your Mapping, you recently made a leaving post stating about how you disliked the current state of the community, you have since edited it to remove the message. You have also been removed from COL, GM and Staff for separate incidents all relating to abuse of power.

=Neutral (Leaning to -Support)

Hello Sandwalker,

I would like to put forward my verdict and shed some thought on the good, the bad and the unruly sides. Let's start with the good bits: you have been a fairly welcoming person to me who allowed me to fit into the community since my initial interactions in early 2021;
I appreciated that since, as a person who is introverted, it was a pleasure to be welcomed with open arms. Furthermore, I can see the quality of the mappings, and your knowledge of the relevant programs puts confidence in your developing competency.

Moving on, as there is a lot to cherish, there has been an equal if not a rising amount of concerns to do with yourself specifically; I will not dive into what Connor or any SL has spoken to you, but the
manner of what you gave to the community has already shifted a lot of doubts in your reapplication to the Dev team. Equally, as such, I also had some interactions in sits where your manner was not that of someone of a professional but that of someone quick to anger, making it harder for myself, in particular, to handle the sit in the calmest tone. This is a concern not only for your past actions pre-removal of staff positions but also for your current conduct as we speak. Finally, the abuse of power is a strong reason for your removal in the past, and a lot must be desired to retain that bridge that has long since rusted away.

I see a future of you reintegrating into the staff team one way or another; however,
these points must be accounted for before such endeavours can be made.

Regards,

-Dmitri

James V

Sep 24, 2022
+support

Despite apparent removal of ranks in the past, for which I am mainly unaware of, your mapping skill is good from what you have showed me and I think that you are actually serious about mapping which is great to see

Connor | FUDGESICLE

FUDGESICLE
Oct 8, 2021
London
His access to map files would be very restricted. Also what do you expect him to do with said map files?

My point is that if he can't be trusted to not abuse extremely basic permissions, I remind you he has been demoted 4 times for abuse of power.

This will be my last reply, please DM me if you wish to discuss this further.

Erik Glover

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 2, 2021
+Support

Shit can happen from staff members abusing their powers from my experiences in the past, but from the interactions I had with Sandwalker, I trust that he knows what responsibility is up to him with mapping and the possibility becoming a part of the development team.
Like what you have shown and the help is needed.

+Support

With the demand for mappers so high, I cannot think of a better candidate. You've dedicated a significant amount of time to learning and experimenting with hammer, and the samples you have shown instil me with confidence as to your ability.

Regarding your maturity / reputation, I recognise that in the past you may not have left the best mark on the server, but in the present you clearly have CG's best interests at heart. Not only this, but you have contributed suggestions to developers (particularly relating to MRP) which have resulted in beneficial changes being made.

I wish you the very best of luck, Sandwalker.

Regards, Remmy

Status
Not open for further replies.