Sandwalkers MRP mapper application H++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
As my application has been up for a month i am writing this as an update to how i have come along and a slight explanation.

Mapping is an essential skill that allows individuals to create fun and exiting maps for players to play on. Whether it's creating a map of a city or a region, this skill requires attention to detail, spatial reasoning, and a deep understanding of the subject matter. Over time, as i continue to practice and engage in activities that require mapping skills, i can improve and develop a greater level of proficiency in this area.

One of the key reasons why my mapping skills have improved is due to consistent practice. Through regular use of mapping tools, i have been able to hone my skills and become more familiar with the techniques and strategies used to create maps. This consistent practice has allowed me to build a level of comfort and confidence in my abilities, allowing me to tackle more complex projects and create higher quality maps.

In addition to practice, my mapping skills have likely improved due to my exposure to new tools and technologies. Advances in mapping software and hardware have made it easier than ever to create accurate and detailed maps. As i have become more familiar with these tools and technologies, i have been able to leverage them to enhance my maps and create more sophisticated visualizations.

Another key factor that has likely contributed to the improvement of my mapping skills is feedback from others. Receiving feedback from members of the community, CN mappers and friends can help me identify areas where i can improve my maps and refine my techniques. This feedback can come in many forms, from constructive criticism to positive reinforcement. By taking this feedback to heart and using it to guide my future efforts, i can continue to improve your skills and create better maps.

My own personal curiosity and interest in geography and mapping has also likely played a role in my skill development. By actively seeking out new information and resources, i have been able to expand my knowledge of different mapping techniques and tools. my willingness to explore new ideas and approaches has allowed me to develop a more comprehensive understanding of mapping, which in turn has helped me to create more detailed and accurate maps.

Finally, my improved mapping skills may be a result of your ability to think spatially. This means being able to mentally visualize the relationships between different elements of a map, such as the distance between two points or the relative size of different geographic features. This type of spatial reasoning is essential for creating accurate and effective maps, and it can be honed through regular practice and exposure to different mapping techniques.

In conclusion, my improved mapping skills can be attributed to a variety of factors, including consistent practice, exposure to new tools and technologies, feedback from others, personal interest and curiosity, and spatial reasoning ability. By continuing to hone these skills and seek out new challenges, i can become an even more proficient mapper and create even more impressive maps.

This was edited by AI as i have mild dyslexia and get lost in writing so it is glammed up slightly for your reading sanity ?

Last edited:

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
As the app has been up for a while with no update of my skills so far i am posting this update to explain what i have been doing:

1. I have extensively researched how to optimise, lightmaps and portals aswell as optimising the map it self.
  2. How to correctly use a map idea board to be able to stick to a idea/theme, using outside tools to assist hammer such as crowbar and the newest version on BSP source and VMEX 2.0.
  3. Another addition is custom textures and how to add them to map files and intergrate them for Hammer++
  4. How to read the compile list and how to adress the following: Leaks, Invalid files/textures/props
  5. How to handle complex shapes using the node tool and a way on making windows and doors in a reserving way
  6. How to use the expert compiler to make the compile more efficient
  7. Making scale and sizing of buildings and terrain look more real against the players eye level .

tenor.gif

MAXTAWAN

Jun 4, 2022
+Support
Even tho you've clearly done some stuff wrong in the past, you do have a lot of experience on MRP having held regimental command positions multiple times causing you to know what players have to cope with when playing on certain maps which comes in very handy for this type of role.
I don't really know anything about mapping but from what I've seen you look very suitable.
I wish you the best of luck.

Sandwalker

MRP War Veteran
Donator
Feb 18, 2021
UK
Completed the form that i completely missed when creating this application as of my excitement on making the app. Thank you to all that like my content that has been posted on this forum page.

Status
Not open for further replies.