Denied SCiPNet Provisional Clearances

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ternith Plague

Dec 13, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This suggestion aims to add provisional clearances that can be issued by personnel with Clearance Level-4 to those below them to certain files - such as SCP-079, SCP-682, SCP-008, etc.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I believe I'm the first to suggest this.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Would provide personnel with the ability to research tests conducted on SCPs beforehand to prevent repeats.
+ Can allow personnel to post documents directly to a CL4 folder without having to go through an arduous process of getting it moved by a CL5.
+ Adds incentive to use keycards from specific personnel without having to aim for CL4 if you're looking for one specific document.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Could be easily abused - possible info breaches as a result.
- Would make documents easier to steal as the provisional access is tied to the keycard.
- If tied to clearance level and not specific folders - could provide a risk to information security in the Site Admin folders.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this should be accepted to allow people to directly post their tests on the appropriate SCP folders. Throughout my time as a Senior testing on 079, I always found myself roadblocked from posting documents in the right folder, and having to post them in the Other folder. I would prefer if I were capable of opening up a SCiPNet terminal, selecting a name, and providing a checklist of folders that the person could access - just to make everyone's lives easier. Essentially: Ease of use, and prevents possible info breaches since CL3s can't post to the CL4 folders for SCPs.

Edwin

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jul 10, 2023
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Dr. Ternith Plague ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

This is unnecessary as you can just print off the document that you wish to give to someone

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.