Content Suggestion SCP-079 Additions

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

itsLux

Oct 29, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Additional features for SCP-079.

Most notably:
  • The ability to hack terminals, phones, and more in-order to mess with (or manipulate) people. However, 079 can't alter any SCIPnet documents or anything like that.
  • People can transfer a fragment of 079 to a USB stick or floppy disk, where they can then use it on certain terminals in-order for 079 to get access to the facility. Even if 079 is not on someone can still plug 079 into certain command terminals and whoever flags on as 079 then breaches.
  • Aerosol/Ventilation hack, can hack the ventilation system to slowly toxify the facility air.
  • People can interact with 079, the actual computer, to encourage more research. This can include uploading an 8-bit game in-order to test behaviors of 079, or plugging in 079 to a power connector with devices connected to it. I'm not really too sure of anything else for this but if anyone has suggestions feel free to comment.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't think so, I've searched for 079 suggestions and it seems like there isn't any.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • - More features for 079 which can encourage more activity for 079.
  • - Much more interaction with 079 and actual reason to test on it.
  • - Diverse roleplay options with the ability to hack terminals and phones, sending emails and such.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Can be a massive nuisance if not implemented correctly.
  • People can just farm 079 fragments if not limited.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It'd add a lot more roleplay options/testing purposes for 079. As of right now 079 is incredibly boring to play as you have to wait a while to breach, and barely anybody tests with it unfortunately. This can add a lot more encouragement to play as 079 and roleplay as it instead of waiting for a breach timer for 5-6 hours or more.

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Additional features for SCP-079.

Most notably:
  • The ability to hack terminals, phones, and more in-order to mess with (or manipulate) people. However, 079 can't alter any SCIPnet documents or anything like that.
  • People can transfer a fragment of 079 to a USB stick or floppy disk, where they can then use it on certain terminals in-order for 079 to get access to the facility. Even if 079 is not on someone can still plug 079 into certain command terminals and whoever flags on as 079 then breaches.
  • Aerosol/Ventilation hack, can hack the ventilation system to slowly toxify the facility air.
  • People can interact with 079, the actual computer, to encourage more research. This can include uploading an 8-bit game in-order to test behaviors of 079, or plugging in 079 to a power connector with devices connected to it. I'm not really too sure of anything else for this but if anyone has suggestions feel free to comment.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't think so, I've searched for 079 suggestions and it seems like there isn't any.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
  • - More features for 079 which can encourage more activity for 079.
  • - Much more interaction with 079 and actual reason to test on it.
  • - Diverse roleplay options with the ability to hack terminals and phones, sending emails and such.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
  • Can be a massive nuisance if not implemented correctly.
  • People can just farm 079 fragments if not limited.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
It'd add a lot more roleplay options/testing purposes for 079. As of right now 079 is incredibly boring to play as you have to wait a while to breach, and barely anybody tests with it unfortunately. This can add a lot more encouragement to play as 079 and roleplay as it instead of waiting for a breach timer for 5-6 hours or more.
About new features

Any 079 that breaches is not gonna spend time trying to hack a phone just to mess with people (it might even alert e11 that 079 is breached if he silent breached), he will just hack SCPs out or reactors then something else (prob turrets or opening BDs) if none of that is available

If you meant that any non-breached 079 can hack phones and stuff, i dont know how can you achieve that if he is in his chamber (and cant leave while contained)

How are gonna people get a fragment of 079 to a USB? If only CI is able to do it its just a massive easier way to breach 079 since they could just breach it from a remote safe zone like research lab or medbay... instead of going down to HCZ and hack the CL4 and then 079 out...

Then 079 fragments are just CI tool to breach 079 and any foundation member using it will be warned for Failrp (the same if you use a hack tool on a scp being a foundation member)

Ventilation hack would need a new system that damages any player that is not on surface, sounds cool, but doubt it would be ever implemented (and i guess this is only for a breached 079)

Adding more actual interaction with 079 is a difficult task, as the SCP itself is not the computer, probably too complex to develop when nobody researchs on 079

However maybe the suggestion can pop some ideas on content team

-Support

itsLux

Oct 29, 2022
About new features

Any 079 that breaches is not gonna spend time trying to hack a phone just to mess with people (it might even alert e11 that 079 is breached if he silent breached), he will just hack SCPs out or reactors then something else (prob turrets or opening BDs) if none of that is available

If you meant that any non-breached 079 can hack phones and stuff, i dont know how can you achieve that if he is in his chamber (and cant leave while contained)

How are gonna people get a fragment of 079 to a USB? If only CI is able to do it its just a massive easier way to breach 079 since they could just breach it from a remote safe zone like research lab or medbay... instead of going down to HCZ and hack the CL4 and then 079 out...

Then 079 fragments are just CI tool to breach 079 and any foundation member using it will be warned for Failrp (the same if you use a hack tool on a scp being a foundation member)

Ventilation hack would need a new system that damages any player that is not on surface, sounds cool, but doubt it would be ever implemented (and i guess this is only for a breached 079)

Adding more actual interaction with 079 is a difficult task, as the SCP itself is not the computer, probably too complex to develop when nobody researchs on 079

However maybe the suggestion can pop some ideas on content team

-Support
For how hacking computers and whatnot work — I was thinking of something more on the lines of SCP:SL where there's different tiers at which 079 gets access to overtime. The first tier would be more of an in-between of being "breached", where 079 can send emails to people or call a phone in D-Block to mess with Class-D, but it wouldn't really be considered breached —however a technician can address the issue. Nobody is really going to catch on that 079 is contacting them if you do it right, 079 can just disguise via email address and so on.

I think it'd be hilarious to send someone junk mail or manipulate someone somehow into breaching me as 079.

Another thing, I believe 079's wiki page mentions the fact that if 079 were to be plugged into an electrical outlet it'd be able to upload itself or interact with stuff connected to that outlet. That's why I suggested some way of having that included in testing, such as having a switchboard connected to 079 that is then connected to multiple different electrical appliances. Maybe someone can connect it to a power outlet to decrease its breach timer?

As for the 079 fragments, if you've read that fully you'd know that you would have to get to a special "command terminal" not just some random terminal in medbay. I was also thinking that there could only be so many fragments of 079, say 3-5, and there would be an invisible interactable object on 079 that would check how many fragments there were.

Ventilation hack I sort of agree with, although I did see some sort of Aerosol system throughout my time playing but I'm not sure how it works. Think it works alongside the whole chemical system the server already has.

Everything here requires development, I don't expect it to be done in the next couple of months but I do think 079 should 100% get a rework of some kind.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2024
I think it'd be hilarious to send someone junk mail or manipulate someone somehow into breaching me as 079.
this could work well with the email thing proposed here