Accepted SCP-500 Rework

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This Suggestion would change how SCP-500 Works in the server. Currently it is an infinite use jar that no one thinks twice about and is rarely used for RP but used to be commonly used for bug abuse.

This change comes in 2 parts

Part 1: Location.
Moving SCP-500 Into Medbay is a logical move to the eyes of alot of RP enthusiasts as it is a non-sentient Medical drug. Other then that i feel it makes sense for it to be locked behind an authorisation stage given the severity of how many remain. For Authorisation you would require your test proposal to be viewed by a Medical Consultant or Medical Director. Given there is no medical lead on it'd then fall down to site administration for authorisation.

To Avoid Abuse / neglect of rules & limitations it should be locked behind a clearance 3 Bio or a Clearance 4 door Given it requires cl4 approval and in lore is restricted to clearance 4. one of the rooms in the back of medbay could be converted to a room dedotated to the SCP with perhaps scientific decoration to show that it is being looked into for attempted replication.

Part 2: How its used.
Currently the object signified to be SCP-500 currently looks like a big mayo jar that you interact with once and you're cured with no pill related activities. This revamp would make it so interacting with the big Mayo jar would spawn a droppable SCP-500 Pill And would be limited on how many pills you could take (30-40 due to Scout having one and MC&D having a bunch) and would be automatically restocked every server restart or could be manually restocked by SL due to possible FailRP raids on it.

Afterpost Editions for consideration (additions that just makes sense)
- Add the ability to cure Diseases
- Add the ability to wipe Chemical affects
- Add the ability to cure SCP-008 which it can in lore (not that thats a valid excuse but it exists as a thing so)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
- Would Generate Research potential for... yknow researchers & medical who conduct our own tests.
- Could generate an Interaction point for people perusing medical lead
- Would create another open spot in HCZ Inanimate for Event inanimate objects or future additions.
- Could create a new Raid goal for CI if they needed 500 for something

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Could de-incentivize RP with the SCP as it'd have a step to get to them which wouldn't always be reliable to get to
- Would incentivize lacklustre players to run into medbay to try to get pills
- Could make HCZ Inanimate feel empty until further additions are added due to only 409 being in there
- Would make it more limited in general which people don't seem to like the concept of.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this should be acceptedᵒᵇᵛᶦᵒᵘˢˡʸ as currently the way it is on the server makes no sense due to it being unlimited and so easy to get (even with its move to HCZ), this would also allow medical to be more involved with one of the biggest Passive RP Aspects of the server which is SCP's & testing them.

Last edited:

Insurgent oreo

Sep 29, 2022
+ Support

* New CI raid ideas
* I suggest make it limited to that you can take 1 pill every hour/30 min

- Might be abused a lot early morning by Class-D's

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
Part 1:
I do agree that it would make sense to keep SCP-500 as either a higher clearance SCP or to require authorization to use it since, in lore, it's a finite resource.

That being said, SCP-500 is still an SCP, and while it does have uses within the Medical Department I believe authorization should be in the hands of the Research Department because of that (obviously since I have a CL4 role in the Research Department you could call me biased here, but at the end of the day it's the Research Department that interact with SCPs and authorize tests involving them, no?). I do see the argument of involving medical in the general "testing on SCPs" gameloop, however I personally don't think that the SCP itself should be entirely in the hands of the Medical Department. Perhaps something could be sorted out IC where policies require medical personnel to be present during SCP-500 tests? Although that's an IC change and not an OOC one, so it would be up to DoRs and DoMs to sort something out.

Part 2:
Regarding a rework of the SCP-500 pills, don't quote me on this but if I recall correctly there was a similar suggestion that was accepted not too long ago, so it's probably on the roadmap. About the amount of SCP-500 pills, perhaps something similar to how SCP-008 syringes work, where they will spawn after a certain amount of time and are capped at a certain amount? Just a thought.

+/- Neutral

Bobertio Bobertioson

Aug 9, 2022
+Support

Cool, adds more gameplay why not.

SCP-500 shouldnt be in medbay though, it should stay in a CC, but most of the other stuff is cool.

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
-Support
SCP-500 Is an anomalous pill with a limited amount available. Moving it to a less-secure, and place which would assist in possible abuse would make little to no sense. I agree that SCP-500 should not be in HCZ, but it should not be in medical either, because at the end of the day, it's an anomaly. If you want to use SCPs join CI.

-Support
SCP-500 Is an anomalous pill with a limited amount available. Moving it to a less-secure, and place which would assist in possible abuse would make little to no sense. I agree that SCP-500 should not be in HCZ, but it should not be in medical either, because at the end of the day, it's an anomaly. If you want to use SCPs join CI.
Moving it into a Clearance 4 room within Medbay will make it more secure than its current location as it just requires a cl3 card to get to with no aspect of it being watched. i also feel my "give to medical" is justified as given the pill is severely limited it makes sense to be under the jurisdiction of the people who's job it is to evaluate health and healing where as research's job is basically "I wanna throw [x] at [x] to see what happends"

Jul 14, 2023
Poland
Moving it into a Clearance 4 room within Medbay will make it more secure than its current location as it just requires a cl3 card to get to with no aspect of it being watched. i also feel my "give to medical" is justified as given the pill is severely limited it makes sense to be under the jurisdiction of the people who's job it is to evaluate health and healing where as research's job is basically "I wanna throw [x] at [x] to see what happends"
Research are designated to deal with SCPs, SCP-500 being hidden far away in HCZ behind two CL3 doors pretty much reduces the chances of abuse to a very small chance. Medical's job is to heal people, and at the end of the day, SCP-500 is an SCP, and needs to be secured in a safe place.

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Partially Approved

Hi @Dinklesprinkle,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. With SCP-500's recently accepted suggestion of curing diseases, we do believe that it should be limited. However SCP-500 will remain in it's current CC, as we believe it should be contained in one. We do not have the capability to add more to the map at this time.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.