Denied SCP-8837 Balancing tweaks

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
I propose the following changes to SCP-8837's moveset

1. Decrease blackhole radius of effect by 10-15%
2. Lower the damage of the stun ability so it does not insta kill but instead deals 50 to 70 damage
3. Add an extra 1 or 2 seconds onto the cooldown of these abilities

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not yet

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The positives of this suggestion are SCP-8837 becomes a smidge more balanced and fun to play against, so far my experience with this update is running out bunks and getting insta killed by 8837 in a move i cant even hope to escape such as the stun or black hole.

It would be beneficial for ERT responses, who from what i have seen are also insta killed by these moves, considering ERT is meant to be the most powerful last push it kinda makes them useless if they all get insta killed by a black hole placed in an elevator after just arriving

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
As this doesn't majorly change the fundamentals of the SCP i think that it would be easy to implement, but i also feel these are fair enough changes that still make the SCP viable while not impossible to combat

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think this should get accepted as these new SCPs are reminding my of the chaos of when TG launched which was a 2 month long slog of non stop breaches of the same SCP who could insta kill from a kilometer away, these takes away from what foundation players could be doing and turns the site into a rdm free for all with people trying to recontain the SCP to no success as they get insta killed before they can do anything against it

Caesar Kuznetsov

Oct 24, 2022
1. Blackhole can be destroyed with an anchor + by shooting it, - Support to that. ERT should be entirely immune to blackhole.
2. So long as the energy cost is brought down too, not the worst idea.
3. Not necessary

HP should be lowered too. Literally just a better TG at the moment, cannot be termed, has higher HP, and even more lethality. You can blackhole ERT into teslas lmfao.

TripTrap

Oct 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Suggestion Denied

Hi @RedMann,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

After discussing this suggestion, we concluded that considering SCP-8837 has recently already been nerfed, it wouldn't be probable or necessary to nerf it anymore.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.