Content Suggestion SCP-939 Recontainment Tool "Dog Toy"

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.

spikedragonborn

Sep 17, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds new tool for Epsilon 11 Members to use during a SCP-939 Breach dubbed the "Dog Toy". It is a deployable tripod that has a speaker and Kant Counter mounted on it, with the Kant counter connected to the speaker so that when the Hume Levels in the area decrease into the 70-80H range the speaker will begin loudly signaling the presence of 939-19 and when in the 50-60H range will signal for 939-53 with the speaker not only warning people nearby of the presence of the 939 instance but also distracting the 939 instance so non-combatants can escape to safety while also giving Epsilon 11 members time to Reach and Attempt a recontainment of the 939 Instance.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I am unaware of something like this being suggested before if it has then I do apologize for not spotting it for this question.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
The device (if properly used) would help distract both 939 instances so all Site Personnel can safely escape the area without threat of the 939 instance attacking them. Additionally the device would allow Epsilon 11 to find and recontain breached 939 instances by setting up these "Dog Toys" at common junctions such as outside Medbay or in Delta-Wing to catch 939 on their way out of HCZ and toward D-Block with at least 1 E11 stationed watching the toy so they can call out the SCP location without worry of them running away due to 939 being distracted giving E11 time to rally reinforcements and attempt better and safer recontainment attempts.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Possible downsides would be if the 939 instance ignores the "Dog Toy" due to lack of awareness of the device or intentional rule breaking, or possible increased lag from the placed tool though I doubt it would be much more laggy than some of the tools Cartographers and ERT have. Another negative is false alarms on the device caused by other SCPs reducing the Hume Level into the range to trigger an alarm but this would be rare as the device would only be placed once a 939 breach is confirmed and would only have this happen if a multi-SCP breach occurred with 939 being apart of it and at least one other SCP that reduces humes into the 50-80Hume range.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe this suggestions should be implemented because it would make combatting 939 breaches slightly easier on site personnel while also with proper rules in place prevent abuse of the tool. Additionally I believe if this gets approved it would open the floor for similar tools to be designed and potentially implemented for other more dangerous SCPs such as a way to confuse or misguide 106 or 682 players.