SCP-RP (UK) - Ban Appeal - "Basilisk"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2022
Norway
What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (UK)

Your in-game name: "Basilisk"

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:48485243

Ban Reason: Inappropriate Conduct

Date of ban: 17/07/24

Who banned you: ‘Revolutionary’

Ban length: 3 days

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will think twice before impulsively saying or doing something that can be misinterpreted or be considered offensive and will instead keep my mouth shut and excercise better control of my impulsivity so i don't anger or offend anyone and landing myself in trouble for it. I can slightly be more impulsive than other people because i have the adhd diagnose.I will also make sure to read the rules throughly each week (in case of changes) so i don't break them ignorantly and unintentionally like i did now.

Why should you be unbanned: Because i honestly didn't mean to break any rules to begin with i also didn't know inappropriate conduct was a rule until now because it's not listed in the main SCP RP rules as far as i'm aware. I also recently returned back to the community from a long "hiatus" so a lot has changed and i've forgotten some stuff as well regarding staff guidelines. I also aknowledge that my "joke" about E-11 liking kids was in poor taste and i understand why people got uncomfortable about it or otherwise took offense and i take full responsibility for it. Even though i said it in a joking manner as well as clarified in ooc after that i was just joking it's ultimately on me for not keeping myself updated regularly on rule changes as well as possible consequences of saying or doing something. I have respect for E-11 and nothing against them. And also as a former staff member i should've thought things more through to begin with so i sincerely apologise for that.

Last edited:

Revolutionary

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Aug 25, 2023
Hello, Thank you for taking the time in making a ban appeal, i will explain why I decided to issue the ban:

The comments that you made in OOC are not welcome in this community, even in a joking connotation, you have made multiple people uncomfortable with those comments, Especially since the “Joke” involves quite a severe topic, it was very disrespectful and quite inappropriate, And so with that i have decided to issue the ban for those comments made.

That would be all from me.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

Appeal Denied

Hello @Basilisk ,
Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

What you had said in this scenario was 100% unacceptable and inappropriate. I get that you regret your actions and will think next time, but you can not be let off the hook like that. Next time you should think before ever saying anything like that, and be responsible for your actions.

The ban that Revolutionary handed out here was valid. But I still believe that it is not long enough, so I will be extending your ban to a week.

Based on the above, you may wait out the rest of your ban. I would also recommend you take the time to re-think your actions and look back on them to make sure that they do not happen again.

Kind regards, Blue​

Status
Not open for further replies.