SCP-RP (UK) - Ban Appeal - Speff

Status
Not open for further replies.

What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (UK)

Your in-game name: Speff

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:671290689

Ban Reason: Power Abuse | Misconduct

Date of ban: 9/13/2024

Who banned you: Jack Gensec

Ban length: Permaban

What will you do to stop this from happening again: If any other glitches in the future come up, even those not related to automatically setting management/regimental roles, I will make sure to report them to SL immediately. I will not abuse them in any way or, in my case, use the glitch to affect others positions, even if I am almost positive that it is not doing any major damage. If something happens to happen out of my control, I will be sure to contact a member of SL immediately to let them know of the situation, and not leave the server and think that everything is fine.

Why should you be unbanned: When I hopped on the UK server for a chemical trade in the late hours (at around 4-5am GMT), I found out the glitch was still there. The glitch was one that somehow made my position site manager, which I had known for months was there but never thought much of it, as I was sure it was just a nametag and definitely fake. My first mistake in this is not reporting it immediately to a SL, even if I was sure it couldn't possibly do any harm. However, I proceeded to play around with the glitch, and changed multiple MTF's ranked and set them to COM, thinking that it was either only on my screen that their ranks had changed, or that it would set it back immediately. My second and biggest mistake comes here, with abusing the glitch and changing people's ranks just because I thought it was funny, even though I had no idea it was actually changing their ranks permanently until somebody else set them back. After all this, I decided to leave the server and go to bed, and this is where my last mistake comes in, as I left the server with multiple people set to COM and Site Advisor, and even if I didn't think this was real I should've still contacted an SL to explain the situation and get everything fixed.

All of my mistakes, combined with my general foolishness, a lack of care about the server, and all the damage I had caused, provided me with a permaban that I willingly deserved. However, I would like to deeply apologize for everything I have done, from not letting SL know, to abusing the glitch at all. I understand my mistakes were not justified whatsoever, even if I did not believe even the slimmest bit at the moment that what I was doing could actually hold lasting damage. I have been playing on this server for almost 2 years now, with no bans and only minor RDM warns, and have made many friends and good relationships, and when this happened I was severely upset at myself at ruining my record on the server. This server had many happy moments that I had enjoyed over the years, and never in my 1.5k hours did I plan or imagine on getting banned for making stupid mistakes, over and over. I apologize for everything I have done to the the players that I had affected, the admins that had to deal with it, and the server as a whole. Thank you for your time.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Hi,

Your ban will be reduced to 1 month. You will, however, be restricted from applying to any CL4 position until you can demonstrate, after your return, that you no longer pose a threat to the server. What you did, even if it was a mistake, was a malicious act. You can appeal that CL4 restriction, a week after you return.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.