[SCP-RP UK] Oasis' Gamemaster Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis

Sep 6, 2022
Original Steam login name (your account's first-ever name):
sylwus16

For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP:
Since March of last year. I have about 1020 hours on the server so far.

In what country are you located?:
The Netherlands.

Time zone:
GMT+1

Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable):
Overseer Assistant "Oasis"

Chaos name (include your rank):
CI-A Alex "The Dentist"

Civilian name:
Alex "The Schizo" [Prank Nation]

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:167391168

Discord ID (name#0000):
peep#3372

Do you have a mic?:
Yes.

What server are you applying for?:
SCP-RP UK.

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
SCP-096 application [US]
GENSEC Captain application [US]
Staff Member application [UK]
SCP-096 application [UK]
UNGOC application [UK]
Overseer Assistant application [UK]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
1685385208440.png
(Apologies for the low quality, I couldn't get a direct screenshot to work so I took the picture on my phone.) I don't remember how I got almost all of these warnings, unfortunately.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:
No, this would be my first time in this kind of role.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
I have played on several serious roleplay HL2RP servers, along with an unnamed other SCPRP server on which I did extensive CI roleplay.

How many hours can you be on every day?:
I can be on for about 1-3 hours every day, depending on the day and how much I have to study that week.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?:
I want to become a Gamemaster to spice up roleplay on the server. I love little roleplay deviations, like mini-events that change the gameplay loop for a few people just so slightly. I believe the kind of work that Gamemasters do is what keeps the server alive and fun. I would love to help with this as best I can. I also firmly believe that the roleplay disconnect between lower and higher clearances is one of the core causes of what I like to call "High CL Intimidation". Numerous times I have attempted to converse with low clearance personnel, only for them to be nervous/scared off when they realize I'm an OSA/CL4 personnel. As a gamemaster, I would be able to bridge this gap by doing events that make low and high-clearance personnel work together and coordinate.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I have experience with PAC3, having used it a ton on several different roleplay servers. I can also put myself in a player's shoes and recognize whether or not an event is truly fun. I can also take criticism well, meaning that if I do an event the player base dislikes, I would be able to learn from my mistakes and do better next time. I also work well in a team or alone, which makes me a valuable asset if accepted.
Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
"1: The Mole"
The Foundation is presented with evidence of a sleeper agent sent in to assassinate O5-1 in their ranks by a rogue Chaos Insurgency Infiltrator. Before he can tell them who the sleeper agent is though, a grenade flies into the interrogation room. As the Foundation Personnel escape, the Infiltrator dies in the blast. They must now find out who the sleeper agent is before it is too late to stop them...

"2: The Meeting"
The Chaos Insurgency cell in Pinewood wakes up one morning to a mysterious letter in the middle of their barracks. The letter was sent by The Engineer, who is planning to meet the entire cell for a meeting regarding a top-secret infiltration operation planned by CI High Command. CI now has to prepare to go into The Engineer's domain and find out what the mission entails... (GM plane dupe)

"3: To the Library to Escape the Death"
The UNGOC cell has captured a Serpent's Hand operative and must find out why they're here. While they're interrogating the operative, a TSH group gathers outside preparing to raid. UNGOC has to defend, but also keep this from the other 2 GOIs on the surface to prevent them from finding out about how they have a TSH member captured.
Please List a Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)
The Prelude
(part 1, done a day/days beforehand after an admin-caused mass breach) (on Site-65 map)
The Council and Committee come together for an emergency meeting, involving all of Site-65 in the lecture hall. There's a new anomaly found just 50 kilometers north of Site-65, and they must stop it. The anomaly is a "ghost train" 2 kilometers in the sky that constructs its own track in front of itself. It's on course to speed straight over several major population centers and crash straight into Site-01. Foundation scans show the train can't be stopped in any way but by turning it off from inside the cabin. Site Command decides to employ all of its personnel on a mission to stop this anomaly because they've realized CI will be gunning for this anomaly as well. As MTF personnel are scarce after a breach that happened mere hours ago, Site Command quickly orders any leftover Combative personnel to train CL1-3 personnel for combat.

The Train
(part 2) (different map, massive moving train in the sky with fog under it)

After the entirety of Site-65 is primed for combat, Site Command loads them up into several Foundation helicopters and flies to the train. As it's impossible to land, the personnel are given parachutes and have to land on the train themselves. After all the personnel has gathered for the mission, gunshots fly their way. Several people die in the gunfire when an MTF Commander spots the Chaos Insurgency cell, which has landed closer to the cabin of the train. CI has taken control of the train and is purposefully keeping it running to crash. Will Foundation successfully push the CI cell and stop the train, or will CI win?

Possible outcomes (the benefits are optional if SL wouldn't like them)
-CI guards successfully: Site-01 is destroyed and CI get given a second jugg for the next 3 raids they do

-Foundation successfully takes control of the train: Site-01 is saved and MTF receives triple after the event ends (all MTF get given 300 armor after the event ends)

-SURPRISE ENDING! The UNGOC catches wind of the train by sending an Assessment Team into the lecture hall during The Prelude and intercepts the train instead: GOC get their current war fund amount tripled by GOC High Command for their performance during the mission
List an example mission for each of the following:

O-1:
The Committee has deemed a Site Director (modeled GM) highly unethical after they were presented with evidence of the Director mass-executing a group of surrendering Class-D. Omega-1 must track down the Director and capture them before they realize they're being tracked down, which will be no easy task since the Director bugged the O-1 radio...

A-1:
An Overseer has been kidnapped by the Chaos Insurgency! Alpha-1 is swiftly deployed to find the Overseer when they realize that the Insurgency has blended into the Foundation's personnel perfectly, along with disguising the Overseer. Alpha-1 must now find and identify the Overseer and Insurgents before they escape to the surface.

Nu-7:
A janky RV with some kind of glowing machine attached to the top of it rolls up in Pinewood and crashes into a tree. Out of the smoking crash comes a small group of people in futuristic clothes. Nu-7 is deployed by Foundation Command to find out what this group is and why they're here, along with retrieving and studying the strange machine attached to their RV.

E-11:
E-11 has to prepare for the delivery of a new SCP from a site that's undergoing renovations. The new SCP is unknown, and E-11 has very little time to prepare. E-11 has to scramble together some form of containment chamber in Crosstest and make sure the SCP causes as little havoc as possible. What they don't know, is just how difficult SCP-5031 will be to deal with.

CI:
The Chaos Insurgency decides it's finally time to initiate Operation Driller. The COs have been brewing up a new, innovative machine to make infiltration far easier. It's called "The Drillmax", a massive drill that will deliver them straight to the deepest enclaves of the Foundation. However, when one of the pilots gets the coordinates wrong, CI falls into an extensive tunnel system (GM Plane) just underneath Pinewood. They're confused and making sure everyone is okay when they notice the SCP Foundation logo on one of the walls. They must find out what this tunnel is and why the Foundation has it... (OOC, the tunnel would be the place SCP-939 was found. They would find strange, mutated SCP-939 which weren't found by the Foundation.)

UNGOC:
UNGOC Field Operatives overhear civilians talking about some kind of magic stone guarded by a cultist group being delivered to Pinewood to worship in the newly-built church. They must intercept the civilian militia's convoy and retrieve the stone for studying. This won't be easy, however, since the civilian militia has the numbers to make up for their lack of training.

Foundation Staff:
After the Foundation's beloved Tech Expert Jiminy dies in a breach caused by the Research Department's gross negligence of Cross-testing protocol, one of his colleagues decides to start a coup of the Director of Research and Site Administration. Over time, Foundation Personnel under CL3 gather and plan out a riot. They employ the Engineering Department's help to create so-called "Riotsuits", which are powerful combat suits that enhance one's survivability. (extra armor, health, and given a Gauss cannon, only 1-2 people) Once the time is right, they march straight to the Site Director's office, where a meeting is going on between SA and the DoR. How will MTF react? Will the staff succeed? Only time will tell...

KFC is LIFE

Jun 18, 2022
+Support

Based OSA, I've personally never had a single bad interaction and he has only ever been comically unethical or just funny. Eitherway he's always been good at RP

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+support
very cool event ideas
surface focused mini events which is a rare thing to see

map change event sounds very cool but idk if it's feasible
example missions also sound very fun

Broda

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2022
- Neutral

Some of the event ideas are ok but the Foundation specific one is a huge no from me. Its minging on steroids.

Other than that, good luck regardless!

Vollgas

Mar 19, 2022
=Neutral to +Support

I have some concerns regarding, for example, the event revolving around TSH, as I do not believe that could fit into the GOI's modus operandi. Other than that, I generally share the same concerns as Broda, but the rest of the app looks fine. Good luck!

Oasis

Sep 6, 2022
Some of the event ideas are ok but the Foundation specific one is a huge no from me. Its minging on steroids.
I have some concerns regarding, for example, the event revolving around TSH, as I do not believe that could fit into the GOI's modus operandi.
I understand your concerns about the events. Could we maybe talk in TS sometime so you could help me fix my event ideas and improve with making new ones?

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
+support
Your event plans are decent and the app is written well, as mentioned before the Foundation Staff event seems a tad mingey due to the nature of tech experts

Nukegoboom

Jun 10, 2022
-Neutral leaning to +Support.
Event ideas seem alright but overall don't hold tangible weight in my eyes. Other than that application is well-written. As an OSA I've seen the work you have contributed and it's good.
Best of luck.

Valkyrie

Dec 31, 2021
+support
Some of the smaller event ideas need some work but overall are decent. Other than that I believe you would fit nicely into the GM team.
Good luck!

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
Application On Hold

Hi @Oasis ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a Gamemaster application.

After careful consideration I have chosen to put this application on hold.

The GM team is currently full so we are unable to accept you at this current time.

I am very sorry for this inconvenience and delay

I will unlock this thread when we are accepting again.​

Jason Taylor (Cirenmatt)

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 12, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @Oasis ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a Gamemaster application.

After careful consideration I have chosen to decline this application.

Very sorry for this delay, but your application idea's seem very plain and lack some details in events that you have included, and I would like you to re-apply in two weeks so you can refine on this and show a bit more detail and are able to work on this a bit more.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.