Status
Not open for further replies.

ein

Nov 11, 2022
Your in-game name: Everett 'Ein' Wagner
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:440507902
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ein-octavion/
Date of ban: 5/14/2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): MetaGaming (A) | LTAP (A)
Who banned you: Rev. Doofster Runner [NS-0]
Ban length?: 24 Hours
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I cannot stop this from happening again as the "LTAP" was due to crashing (I immediately attempted to reconnect and encountered the ban), and the MetaGame I believe is false.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: No
Why should you be unbanned: Firstly, to put the "Metagame" scenario into context, I'll explain what happened:

I was captured by a C.I. Deep-Cover disguised as an Ambassador, who then interrogated me for my keycard, disguised as me, and killed me. I respawned shortly after, and made my way towards EZ (Away from where I had been killed, in the D.E.A. Offices). When the Deep Cover in question followed me, he pulled out his Level 4 Keycard while he was disguised as me. This led to me questioning him on why he had a Level 4 keycard. He then pulled out his level 3 card and claimed that he had always had a Level 3 card out (a Combat Medic and an Assistant were witness to me calling him out). I then proceeded to retreat to Medbay and called out that an Agent possessed a Level 4 keycard over CL3 DEA comms. A Special Agent instated Code Word checks, and I made my way to the surface. Upon reaching the surface, Special Agent gru "Grunger" proceeded to code word check me (I passed), and then the deep-cover appeared as-well. He proceeded to code-word check the DC (who failed), and upon him failing detained the DC and interrogated him for his keycards (Which he dropped both his Level 3 and Level 4). He was then shortly killed afterwards as a C.I. Raid occurred and I terminated him to prevent his capture.

I played uninterrupted (I was never called into an admin sit) for another 10-20 minutes before my game crashed, at which point I attempted to reconnect and encountered the ban message.

(Edit): I made a mistake with regards to the crash file. It appears that I do not have a crash file for the incident and that my timescale was off. I originally attached an image of my 10:15 pm (CST) crash file below (which appears to have been unrelated, as this occurred around 12:30 PM), however I have instead decided to attach the entirety of my crash files to display that I have a history of consistently crashing.
1684046703124.png
1684045669706.png
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: By continuing to stay updated on the rules.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: Because I enjoy playing on the server, and do not believe that I broke any rules.

Attachments

• 1684045606656.png
    1684045606656.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
Hi Everett, thanks for submitting your appeal.

I'll start by going through the situation in its entirety from my end. A ticket was answered by me in regards to an RDM complaint by a CI Deep Cover, who stated you had killed him (proved by logs) roughly 7 minutes after he killed you. The clip provided by the Deep Cover (unfortunately I don't have as it was viewed in the Steam Overlay web browser, therefore not in my Chrome history) showed them in cuffs being questioned about their identity when a CI Main Raid seems to have taken place, in which the Deep Cover in cuffs was blind-folded and shot by you (according to logs).

While the Deep Cover who created the clip claimed RDM, I didn't believe it to be the case as he was a CI on Foundation land, instead changing it to Metagaming, as he was killed disguised.

The reason I had put the LTAP and Metagaming ban was due to yourself no longer being on the server when the sit was conducted, meaning I had no way to get your side of the story. During the sit was it was found to be you who had killed him while he was disguised, I started a 10 minute timer for you to reconnect (as is standard procedure for LTAP), and after the 10 minute timer had ended, LTAP Class A was added to the punishment as well as Metagaming Class A, as the evidence provided showed that these actions had taken place.

Reading here your side of the story, I can see it was justified for him to be in cuffs and killed, but the killing of the person because CI were raiding I still believe to be a little unnecessary, not to a point of Metagaming/RDM, but into an In Character Investigation.

The LTAP however, was done following the standard procedures required of staff if a player is not present when a sit is created and using the information presented to them, deem the accused to have broken a rule, causing the 1 day ban to be presented as you had not reconnected within 10 minutes of the decision (roughly 18 minutes after the sit was created).

In regards to your crash logs, while they do show your Garry's Mod has a habit of crashing (mine does too so I understand), it doesn't show that you had a crash log created for the timeframe when the ban was handed out, which if doing the math meant that you should've crashed roughly 20 minutes before the ban took place (18 minutes from ticket creation to ban being issued, and 2 minutes from CI Deep Cover dying, respawning, then creating a sit).

From my perspective I can see that Metagaming is possible, but with your side of the story and the evidence provided not showing a codeword check, it is likely to be a legitimate arrest attempt. The issue for the LTAP however, I feel should be left to senior staff, as it was shown that you had NOT reconnected to the server after crashing.

If you have any more questions, queries or concerns, feel free to DM me on Discord at Suit#4640, or poke me if you see me in Team Speak.

Once again thank you for submitting the appeal!

ein

Nov 11, 2022
Hi Everett, thanks for submitting your appeal.

I'll start by going through the situation in its entirety from my end. A ticket was answered by me in regards to an RDM complaint by a CI Deep Cover, who stated you had killed him (proved by logs) roughly 7 minutes after he killed you. The clip provided by the Deep Cover (unfortunately I don't have as it was viewed in the Steam Overlay web browser, therefore not in my Chrome history) showed them in cuffs being questioned about their identity when a CI Main Raid seems to have taken place, in which the Deep Cover in cuffs was blind-folded and shot by you (according to logs).

While the Deep Cover who created the clip claimed RDM, I didn't believe it to be the case as he was a CI on Foundation land, instead changing it to Metagaming, as he was killed disguised.

The reason I had put the LTAP and Metagaming ban was due to yourself no longer being on the server when the sit was conducted, meaning I had no way to get your side of the story. During the sit was it was found to be you who had killed him while he was disguised, I started a 10 minute timer for you to reconnect (as is standard procedure for LTAP), and after the 10 minute timer had ended, LTAP Class A was added to the punishment as well as Metagaming Class A, as the evidence provided showed that these actions had taken place.

Reading here your side of the story, I can see it was justified for him to be in cuffs and killed, but the killing of the person because CI were raiding I still believe to be a little unnecessary, not to a point of Metagaming/RDM, but into an In Character Investigation.

The LTAP however, was done following the standard procedures required of staff if a player is not present when a sit is created and using the information presented to them, deem the accused to have broken a rule, causing the 1 day ban to be presented as you had not reconnected within 10 minutes of the decision (roughly 18 minutes after the sit was created).

In regards to your crash logs, while they do show your Garry's Mod has a habit of crashing (mine does too so I understand), it doesn't show that you had a crash log created for the timeframe when the ban was handed out, which if doing the math meant that you should've crashed roughly 20 minutes before the ban took place (18 minutes from ticket creation to ban being issued, and 2 minutes from CI Deep Cover dying, respawning, then creating a sit).

From my perspective I can see that Metagaming is possible, but with your side of the story and the evidence provided not showing a codeword check, it is likely to be a legitimate arrest attempt. The issue for the LTAP however, I feel should be left to senior staff, as it was shown that you had NOT reconnected to the server after crashing.

If you have any more questions, queries or concerns, feel free to DM me on Discord at Suit#4640, or poke me if you see me in Team Speak.

Once again thank you for submitting the appeal!
Thanks mate. I thought I had a crash log but it unfortunately doesn't seem to have shown it (I had originally stated that I did have a crash log which corresponded with the time, which I then edited out once I realized that I had made a mistake). However, I'd like to provide a little more light on the arrest / metagame aspect:

In this clip, the Special Agent specifically states that the D.C. failed the codeword check before confiscating the Level 4 keycard.

This clip is specifically where I kill the deep-cover, where I kill him once the Special Agent is killed (a decision I made to prevent his recovery/capture). I believe I had sufficient reason to justify a termination considering he:
1. Failed the Codeword Check
2. Lied about the possession of a Level 4 Keycard (Which he isn't authorized to have)

I hope this will help shed some light on the "metagame" aspect. Thank you for your response!

Rev. Doofster Runner

Jun 27, 2022
Australia
Thanks mate. I thought I had a crash log but it unfortunately doesn't seem to have shown it (I had originally stated that I did have a crash log which corresponded with the time, which I then edited out once I realized that I had made a mistake). However, I'd like to provide a little more light on the arrest / metagame aspect:

In this clip, the Special Agent specifically states that the D.C. failed the codeword check before confiscating the Level 4 keycard.

This clip is specifically where I kill the deep-cover, where I kill him once the Special Agent is killed (a decision I made to prevent his recovery/capture). I believe I had sufficient reason to justify a termination considering he:
1. Failed the Codeword Check
2. Lied about the possession of a Level 4 Keycard (Which he isn't authorized to have)

I hope this will help shed some light on the "metagame" aspect. Thank you for your response!
Hey again Ein,

Firstly, thanks for being understanding, as I know a ban can be frustrating and something no one likes going through, so I greatly appreciate your understanding from my perspective.

In regards to the evidence you've supplied, I can see that it was justified in the killing to avoid re-capture, as the failing of a codeword check and possession of higher clearance card does mean they are likely up to no good and while killing is probably a bit much, it does make sense in RP to avoid any potential intel the Deep Cover has extracted from falling into the CI's hands.

In my eyes, I believe that the evidence supports your claims to be following server rules and it not be Metagaming, which would render the LTAP unnecessary.

I'll leave however final decision to my superiors.

Best of luck!

Dpw483 Ryan "Cincinnatus"

Sep 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @ein ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

After looking over all of the evidence that was given I believe that there was enough evidence for you to think that the DEA Agent was a CI Deepcover. With that knowledge, you didn't want them to be extracted so you killed them when CI had started raiding. As for the LTAP I am trusting in the fact that it was a crash and both warns will be removed and you will be unbanned.

Have a nice day!
Ryan.​

Status
Not open for further replies.