[SCP-RP US] "Third" 1SGT GOC Demotion Appeal (Level 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second

Name: Jack "Third" White [AT-L]
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:85768677
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: USA
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 3
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: Yes, I carried out both level 1 and level 2 at the same time as I was told by COs my demotion was done by the General, Gary "Banker" Stevensen
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: Gary "Banker" Stevensen, UNGOC GEN
Rank demoted from: 1SGT
Who demoted you?: UNGOC GEN Gary "Banker" Stevensen
Date of demotion?: 4/30/23
What is the case against you?: There is no case against me specifically, the reason I was demoted from 1SGT to SGT was because he wanted to have "more candidates for CO positions", despite the CO team only having 2 slots currently. This is solely due to me being the Lieutenant Commander of Omega-1.
Is this true?: N/A
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: No, I have not been
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: I have zero
What is your side of the story?: I believe this demotion to be unjust as in the UNGOC on the US server I am a Team Lead, as well as very active and very good at my job and I contribute good RP to the UNGOC when I am on it with both CI and Foundation, even Pinewood when applicable. Overall, nothing I did warranting a demotion in or out of character and I would like my rank back.

Additive Screenshots:

Last edited:

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
I haven't actually announced these demotion appeals yet lol

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
It's out now, so no worries. You should include the level of the appeal in the title, however.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
Fairly sure you were demoted due to inactivity, not candidate slots.
Also why is this a level 3 already? This appeal just opened & there isn't a level 2.

Second

Also why is this a level 3 already? This appeal just opened & there isn't a level 2.
The reason I was told I was demoted FROM BANKER was due to me being O-1 LTCOM and not being eligible for LT promotions.
As for Level 3, I was told by SL that would be more fitting seeing due to how GOC works, since the General did it.

Kito

Oct 11, 2022
Arkansas
The reason I was told I was demoted FROM BANKER was due to me being O-1 LTCOM and not being eligible for LT promotions.
As for Level 3, I was told by SL that would be more fitting seeing due to how GOC works, since the General did it.
Alrighty, I'm not fully informed, just wondering if it was a typo lol

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
I would say that the difference between level 2 & 3 is semantic here, as the manager of the GOC GEN is SL anyway, so it makes no difference

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
Hello, this demotion is staying in place until further notice due to the fact that there are better, more active candidates, who are more likely to have a future within the Command Staff of the GOC. Additionally, the recent behavior & conduct presented to me, as well as others' testimonies, has resulted in my opinion remaining that you should stay at Sergeant for the time being.

Generally speaking, your behavior is not up to par with a First Sergeant's, and if there is no improvement seen within such behavior, further demotion or removal may be considered. I will be in contact with the Command Staff in order to remain unbias, & will gather the opinions of other members of the GOC.

Regional General of the United Nations's Global Occult Coalition, Gary "Banker" Stevenson

Second

Hello, this demotion is staying in place until further notice due to the fact that there are better, more active candidates, who are more likely to have a future within the Command Staff of the GOC. Additionally, the recent behavior & conduct presented to me, as well as others' testimonies, has resulted in my opinion remaining that you should stay at Sergeant for the time being.

Generally speaking, your behavior is not up to par with a First Sergeant's, and if there is no improvement seen within such behavior, further demotion or removal may be considered. I will be in contact with the Command Staff in order to remain unbias, & will gather the opinions of other members of the GOC.

The fact that activity is being brought up at all is questionable given that I am actively on an LOA and have been for the past week.
|
My behavior has never been addressed to me, in fact I was never even informed of my demotion until I came to you about it 2 hours after it was logged (via roster logs). I also asked around about the demotion and most COs didn't even know I was demoted, so they just pointed me to you as the likely suspect, which kind of tells me that the CO team is not in fact having a say on what happens. The only incident as of late has been how I spoke to the Ethics Chairman (post demotion) to make an anonymous report on DEA/SA/O5's conduct towards GOC on surface and misconduct in general, GOC or otherwise. Anything said past that was a gross misrepresentation of the conversation. And even then, it should be noted the only reason you know it was me who reported it was because I told you on Discord OOC due to you threatening Sergio Valdez with SSL intervention due to a suspected Rule Break (Loyalty to Team rules), you still do not know I did it IC since I did not tell the ECC my name nor my rank.

I hope this sheds more light on my side of events and why I deem this to be unjust and unfair given the circumstances.

Edit: added one line for clarity's sake

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
To clarify, you can be demoted regardless of if a situation is in or out of character. Additionally, this demotion is not being reversed because of your behavior, both in and out of character. The demotion was originally set forth due to other personnel within GOC showing a better, and more active future career, either as a 1SG, or within the Command Staff of the GOC.

While I understand this may be concerning or upsetting, this demotion is in no way aimed to be hostile, as initially it was intended to allow others into your position, as it is required to become a member of the CO team. It is being enforced until further notice due to the behavior and actions taken by your person after demotion.

It is not appropriate to comment on behalf of the GOC regarding issues of Site-Command behaviors. Additionally, forcing the GOC to side with the Ethics Committee, while also having a Lieutenant Commander role under Omega-1, does not make yourself, nor the GOC look reasonable, or in good-faith when making such complaints or comments.

Until further notice, this appeal will not be accepted. No further contact will be needed from your end. If you wish to continue, clarify, or provide evidence of any kind, you may contact me via Discord. Once you are off LOA on the 8th, your position will be re-considered by the Command Staff of the GOC, if and when slots are available.

Regional General of the United Nations' Global Occult Coalition, Gary "Banker" Stevenson

Second

Additionally, forcing the GOC to side with the Ethics Committee, while also having a Lieutenant Commander role under Omega-1, does not make yourself, nor the GOC look reasonable, or in good-faith when making such complaints or comments.
This is just a gross misrepresentation of what actually happened. I told the ECC that DEA/O5/SA were acting unreasonable towards us, not forcing us to side with or against anyone.

Either way, you are right, no further comment is needed nor will it be had.

The lack of communication on behalf of the GOC CO team, more specifically the Command Team, regarding any of my so-called "issues" should be noted here, that is all.

Guinea

Jun 24, 2022
I feel that there should be a special tab for GOC 1SGTs who are rank locked as they have senior lives, similar to how MTFs and CI do it where if they reach the rank of CSG/Delta, they are given a tab or note were says ranked locked due to xxx.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi Second,

Thanks for taking the time to make a roleplay demotion appeal.

The Server Leadership team has reviewed the reason for your demotion, and the circumstances around it. Being demoted to open a slot for an NCO role isn't correct. If it was an officer one, where there is very limited roles, a person non-performing would be grounds for removal. I've spoken with General Banker about it, and we have agreed to reappoint you back to the 1SGT role. A slot will be created for your position, which will close when you vacate that position (either by promotion / demotion or resignation).

Thanks!
Server Leadership (Canoon and Mercer)​

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Worth noting that rank slots are a completely arbitrary thing that can be increased and decreased at will as long as you talk to SL.

Status
Not open for further replies.