SCP-RP (USA) - Ban Appeal - Bob 'Devstacks'

cxssna

Aug 19, 2024
What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (USA)

Your in-game name: Bob 'Devstacks'

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:594666340

Ban Reason: FailRP (D) | Stacked Ban

Date of ban: 9/25/2024

Who banned you: Harold Hawk

Ban length: 2 Days

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I am now more educated on something that isn't outlined in the rules anyway.

Why should you be unbanned: *Please read J.Jameals complaint for a more in depth version of what lead to my ban.*
-
Coming from a veteran staff member from a DRP server, I am not trying to argue with Harold, or SL opinions in any way, as I know that staff (often) have the last and final say of the situation at hand. However, I will state that the incident that got me into this situation shouldn't have been classified as FailRP, rather body blocking or something of that nature.
-
To my understanding, there was a forum complaint put up about me and GSC Officer Dinkster. He and E-11 SPC J.Jameal were beefing quite extensively in OOC, so I wanted to give the GSC a heads up over severe toxicity rulings, and invited him over to my CC to talk. The GSC ended up coming INTO my CC, which I told him, you can be here for a little bit, but I will have to take you to the dimension sooner rather than later.
-
In SCP-106 lore, 106 hunts and attacks prey based off of desire, and not hunger. " SCP-106 will attack and collect multiple prey items during a hunting behavior event......SCP-106 has no determinable “limit”, and appears to collect a random number of prey items during an event." - SCP-WIKI.
-
In the scenario at hand, it was deemed by Harold that I was committing FailRP by body blocking, and not allowing E-11 to enter my CC to arrest the GSC, also the fact that I was talking contributed to the alleged FailRP. Clearly stated in your MOTD, SCP 106 IS INDEED allowed to speak, so that knocks out half of the argument.
As for the other half with me body blocking, I would understand how it would be deemed as FailRP if the E-11 was making an active attempt to enter my CC (which he never did while the GSC officer was alive from the clips provided by J.Jameal). Lore wise, who was to say that the GSC wasn't my prey, who I was saving for later when I felt a desire to kill? Harold claims that the FailRP also is due to the fact that I was blocking them from shooting and terminating each other. If GSC Dinkster is sitting in an unviewable corner from outside of 106CC provided by the clips, how is he supposed to kill him without entering my CC? There are times where the GSC combat peaks and gets a few rounds off, however nothing connects allowing termination.
J.Jameal committed several acts of Metagame and NLR during this whole situation, along with being severely toxic and OOC prior and during the entire thing, however nothing ended up happening to him.
-
All in all, I strongly believe that this should've been a warn for body blocking over a 2 day FailRP D ban.
Outlined in the MOTD, the FailRP section states several specific scenarios that don't apply. It also talks about acting in an unrealistic way. With the SCP-106 lore, I believe that I was acting in a realistic way as I could've argued that I was keeping him as prey until I had a desire to kill.

https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/c...d1337vDliWZO?invite=cr-MSxVSzcsMjY4ODI1MTY3LA - Harold Hawk not knowing the rule about 106 being able to talk

https://medal.tv/?contentId=iK8XioA0sDKSgC4lQ&invite=cr-MSxJNmcsMTg5ODA5NjMyLA&spok=d1337WyzgdAH - Part of J.Jameal POV

Last edited:

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Hey Bob,

So the reason I went forward with a ban was because you had 3 other FailRP warns on record and in accordance with our guidelines, that leads to a 1 day ban or a 10m jail. I believed a ban was necessary as you had many warns on record in the past two months along with just the severity of the situation. Whether or not you were bodyblocking was irrelevant to me and something I wrote off since the more serious issue was you teaming with him by guarding him from the E-11 and not killing him- whether or not you were saying that you were doing that.

I did apologize for the 106 voice thing as I had gotten that incorrectly, once again, it was not the main issue.

As for what the E-11 was doing, I know that he was acting a bit toxic himself and I gave him a stern verbal for that as his actions were not serious enough to warrant anything further. I don't recall him metagaming or committing NLR, to my knowledge he was investigating 106 as there had been a hacking attempt and he could see Dinkster's red laser attachment in the CC. Regardless, that is irrelevant to your own situation.

Simply reiterated, you were comitting FailRP by protecting and not killing the individual that entered your containment chamber.

cxssna

Aug 19, 2024
Harold, although I respect and honor your opinion I still don’t believe that I committed FailRP. I wasn’t teaming with the GSC officer in any manner. I’m unsure how far back your logs go, but I killed him before J.Jameal was killed by the GSC officer. They both committed acts of NLR and returned to my CC at different times, which is when J.Jameal throws the frag, and then gets terminated by the GSC.
-
I would understand and agree with the teaming aspect if I was making sure that the GSC didn’t die at any point in time, however he did die on my behalf. The SCP-106 lore doesn’t outline that I need to terminate anyone that walks into my CC immediately. Think about DClass research, how would researchers be able to get samples if 106 terminated them instantly? I was simply following the Silver Rule which partially states to Role Play. The GSC officer and myself were talking and having a conversation in a Roleplay manner. When I’m back from my classes I do believe I have a clip of you specifically stating that the FailRP ban came from talking AND Body Blocking.
-

I’m aware that you guys have some sort of guideline policy that you have to follow as I was told this by Admin Pawz, however given my explanation in the sit room, I think that a jail would’ve been more than a wake up call. I made all sorts of comments to you, even stating that if I get some sort of a warn within the next two weeks, ban me for a month. However, you told me that there was nothing you could do about the situation at hand and you HAD to ban me.
-
You state that I was “guarding him from the E-11”. I’d love to see the evidence of where I was blocking the E-11 from terminating the GSC Officer, because at the MANY clips that J.Jameal sent me, there was no time where he came remotely close to my CC while the GSC officer was still alive.
-
Please do me a favor and send a quote, or link where it directly says I have to terminate all individuals that enter my CC. One of my FailRP warns is actually due to the fact that I killed a DClass while flagged on as 939 while research was being conducted!

I’ll be awaiting your response, and as soon as I return from my Biochemistry lecture, I will provide the clip of you stating that my ban was due to talking and body blocking.

Best,

Bob ‘Devstacks’

Last edited:

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Hello again,

I said nothing of your ban being about body blocking, the issue at hand is that you as an immortal SCP stood in front of the officer to protect him from getting shot- which is teaming. I do get where you’re coming from about the silver rule but the matter at hand is the protection aspect.

In addition, regardless of any NLR, when an SCP gets hacked E-11 may investigate to find who’s doing so as it is within their duties in the same way that even if GSD dies in D-Block they can return to D-Block without waiting through the NLR timer.

Beyond that and to my knowledge there was nothing showing that he beelined to 106 to deal with the officer without IC knowledge. Once again and with respect, that has nothing to do with you teaming with the officer.

cxssna

Aug 19, 2024
Harold,

I'm assuming the rule you are referencing is: "6.3 SCP Teaming - SCPs cannot team with any human; they can only work with other SCPs"

However, where is the proof that I was teaming with the GSC? You mention that I am standing in the doorway which prevents the officer from getting shot, however the officer was in the corner of the CC. He was completely unviewable from outside where J.Jameal was standing, meaning even if I wasn't in the doorway, there's no possible way that J.Jameal could've terminated him without entering SCP 106's CC. Once again I'd like to state that J.Jameal never came near the actual CC while the GSC officer was alive in the (normal?) dimension. By the time that J.Jameal had came up to my CC, the GSC officer was long gone.

You state that I was protecting the GSC officer, but where's your proof on my intent? If I was standing in the doorway "preventing" the GSC from getting shot, couldn't the same thing be assumed vise versa? Wouldn't I be "preventing" the E-11 from getting shot as well?

I would fully support your decision and reasoning if I was telling the GSC, "peak now, he's reloading", or "he's turned around, kill him". Regardless, none of that was stated and there's no way to prove that I was 'teaming' with one (or both) sides of the incident. I would also support your aspect if J.Jameal showed more effort into terminating the GSC. From my POV, he was around the corner for 90% of the incident, which is backed up by the videos provided by J.Jameal. In addition, he was standing in front of me for the other 10% of the time. Out of the 6+ minutes of clips provided, I counted two times where he backed up, and tried to get an angle on the GSC, one being where he was killed after throwing a frag grenade.

If you have any insight on proving my intent where I CLEARLY team with one (or both) member(s), or "prevent" the GSC from getting killed, and not the E-11's as well, please do let me know. Otherwise I'll be waiting for a Super Admins decision.

Thank you