SCP-RP USA Ben Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiEGE

Mar 16, 2024
Your in-game name: Ben Stolen
Your SteamID: Steam ID: 76561198036386098
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/iceteafp223/
Date of ban: 4/9 or 4/10 2024? Unsure of the exact date...
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): (severe?) toxicity/LTAP
Who banned you: Locust
Ban length?: 4 Days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I'm only really appealing one part of this ban, the LTAP specifically and providing context on the toxicity.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Warned twice I believe for Fail RP

Why should you be unbanned: I'm not necessarily trying to be unbanned, I guess I'm just wanting to provide some context and potentially get the banned shortened. I just wanted to point out that the toxicity portion of the ban I am wholly guilty of. I used a word that, despite it's common use as a degratory remark towards a certain group of people, was not meant in that context. I'm not saying that the use of the word is acceptable in any way shape or form, I'd just like to make it very clear that it was not said in a way to express any dislike, hate or malice towards any paticular group. It is a word that is used by myself quite often and is used for literally anyone. I'd also like to mention that the person who had taken issue with my choice of words did not indicate to me in any way shape or form by any means that the word I used would offend this person more than anybody else I would use it for or that they were part of this particular group of people whom the word, when used as a slur, is meant to offend.

I'd like to stress once again that I use this word for anyone, it is not something I reserve for a specfic person(s).

In no way am I advocating for its use in any situation. It is unfortuante that it is in my vocabulary and is used so freely without thought of how it may effect any one indvidual and I will try to refrain from using it in the future. I'd also like to state that my hostility towards this indivdual was not unwarranted. This person had been rude to me and swore at me on multiple occasions before I had even said anything. It is my opinion that this person felt they could be rude to other people but, once somebody said something they didn't like, they decided to make a sit and seek retaliation.

As far as the LTAP, I just want to point out that at no point did I disconnect from the server to avoid any kind of punishment. The person whom I offended literally said to me "You're gonna get banned" and I continuted to play the game as normal. I had actually noticed at one point that this person was called into a sit by the admin mentioned above and still continued to play the game normally up until the point I crashed. I attempted to rejoin and saw that I had been banned for the reasons mentioned above.

As I stated earlier, the toxicity I am guilty of, I am not disputing that but, the LTAP I am absolutely not guilty of. I acutally made a thread in the Support section trying to get help with being able to join the server on the x86-64 branch of Garry's Mod specifically so I would hopefully crash less... the issue being that every time I switch to that branch of the game, I try to join the server and time out no matter how long I wait or how many times I try to join.

So to wrap things up, I honestly wasn't even going to make an appeal. I said what I said, and the main reason was to provide context... this person was not a victim by any means. They were rude several times beforehand and when I said something after the 2nd or 3rd time of being swore at, talked down to and made to feel stupid for asking a reasonable question, I said something they were able to use against me because they, in my opinion, thought it was the best way to hurt someone.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I will refrain from engaging in the use of any form of toxicity. If someone is being rude, I won't say anything to them except maybe point out that they are being unpleasent... If it persists and is making gameplay difficult or impossible, I will ask for a sit so an admin can be deal with it. As far as any rules that do not pertain to this incident specfically, I will re-read them again so as to try and commit as much as I reasonably can to memory.

As for the LTAP, I'd like to get that changed because I didn't do it. I don't know if it will shorten the ban, I'm acutally unsure of how much time is left on it to be completely honest, but if the LTAP was a consideration in how long the ban was going to be, I believe it should be shortend.

( I really don't like to make sits and get people in trouble so I would only do so if a person is continually enagaging in beahvior that disrupts the game to a point it is made extremely difficult or impossible to play as normal.)

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:[/b] I enjoy this server very much. I have had great interactions on it and when everybody is into the RP it's really great... even when it's more relaxed and people are messing around, it's awesome. I would definetly say that my good interactions on the server far outweigh the bad... I'd really like to continue to play and be apart of this community... I even joined the TS, the Discord, all that.. which I have NEVER done before for any server or game. I literally made my Discord and TS account for no other reason than because I play and enjoy this server so much and want to actively partciapate in the community as much as I can.

I know this was really long, much longer than it needed to be but, I just thought the context was important... I'd like to reiterate that this person was not a victim. I wasn't bullying anyone or rude to anybody that wasn't rude to me first... It seems to me, as I said before, that this individual wanted to be rude and make others feel stupid and less-than on purpose, and then when somebody said something they didn't like, they retaliated because they knew it could get somebody banned.

Look, if you wanna be rude to people, don't cry about it when they're finally rude back. If you can't handle it, don't do it to others in the first place. Just my two cents on that.

I apprecaite anybody that took the time to read this absolute NOVEL. Thanks guys.

Pyro

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jul 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Appeal Denied

Hi @SiEGE

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I will be choosing to deny your ban appeal as you yourself acknowledge that you have done something incorrect & due to there not being sufficient evidence to prove otherwise regarding LTAP.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.