SCP-RP (USA) - Staff Application - BadVibesNick

BadVibesNick

Jul 1, 2024

What server are you applying for: SCP-RP (USA)

Your Username: BadVibesNick

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:532732763

Discord Username: hokagenick

What's your current playtime: 3 days 9 hours

Do you have a mic: yes i do

Your characters name: SCP Foundation - Johnny "Gravedigger" Appleseed , Civilian - Johnny Vagabond , CI - None ALL HAIL THE FOUNDATION

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: first application for SCP-RP

Have you received any kicks/warns/bans, and if so, why: no warning or bans received

How many hours can you be on everyday: 4-8 per day as I am a night shift worker most of my time would be allocated during morning and evenings. Some nights when applicable

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community: Tons of experience from FiveM (GTA RP) as a staff member (I hope this counts) where whitelisting with everchanging rules was required to have access to the server. I was able to take reports, accept applications, support tickets (Hardware issue/ lag issue, mic issue, player reporting, etc...) and a bit of car dev work when needed and a bit of experience on RedM as well

Tell us about something that you're proud that you've achived in-game: I'm was really excited to have hit combat level 20 so I can finally try out for MTF E-11 or Nu-7 when they do tryouts next time and apply for other gensec positions in the future

Why would you like to become a staff member: I believe I can use my experience from my time in whitelisted communities and countless hours in roleplaying between Rust RP, GTA RP (FiveM) and Red Dead RP (RedM) and now here can help further improve the landscape with existing and new players a like with a fresh new face to the scene; As well as help current staff as they helped me a bit when I first started my journey here and knew absolutely nothing and would love to spread the same hospitality to current and new players in the same way I started when I too was a wee lad in the server.

If you could improve something on the staff team, what would it be and how would you do so: I saw a recent discussion about USA Staff issues. The discussion was about biased and faulty staff with warnings and punishments being handed out due to "Invisible ruling" and how easy it is for new players to be banned Whether true or not as I personally never ran into unfair punishment being handed out. This is a area I would love to improve even if by a little as trust amongst the players and staff is crucial in longevity. I would hear out the said party involved, determine the best outcome given evidence and what was said verbally(with evidence to support said claim(s); whether it's a honest mistake that can be rectified with just a simple verbal communication or a deliberate act that needs to be dealt with according with said issue. I believe everyone should be able to be heard regardless instead of instant bias whether its a repeat offender who have broken rules before or 1st time players checking out the server who are clueless of the rules with no direction on how to get to said rules. We should discern the difference between new players to keep them coming back and a player with some time in the server and correct their mistakes and help them the best way possible.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this and consider this application!